What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 NRL Club Membership

PaulyTom

Juniors
19191054_10155472045089954_1055686859_n.jpg

Has any other club done this?

PR you could arrange to meet up with 100 new mates.

Sharks need to work on the Female part but good work by the Sharks.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
18k isnt "the higher end" of a 16-20k scale, it is the exact centre. Unless you are talking about the median or something, thats is an irredeemably dumb statement.

Thought it was fairly clearly I wasn't speaking from a purely mathematical position - I was illustrating there are several sets of membership numbers the 'Dogs have achieved in recent years and of those figures, the 18k was at the higher end of those numbers.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I see cowboys are having a buy a ticket for next home game and get a free membership. One way of meeting your targets I suppose lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
Getting more info and contact details for potential members.

Stupid idea

Nothing wrong with it but when we scratch our heads at why memberships are increasing significantly but club finances and crowds are not, here's one of the answers. One game memberships look great for the annual report, and good for future marketing, but do nothing for these two key issues.

Timmah

Staff member
Nothing wrong with it but when we scratch our heads at why memberships are increasing significantly but club finances and crowds are not, here's one of the answers. One game memberships look great for the annual report, and good for future marketing, but do nothing for these two key issues.
Who is actually scratching their heads though?

Most people with half a brain can see the reason memberships continue to rise while crowds stagnate. You're beating a very old drum.

And if you think increased memberships don't contribute positively to the bottom line of clubs, you should check out of this discussion and check back into primary school for some basic maths classes.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Who is actually scratching their heads though?

Most people with half a brain can see the reason memberships continue to rise while crowds stagnate. You're beating a very old drum.

And if you think increased memberships don't contribute positively to the bottom line of clubs, you should check out of this discussion and check back into primary school for some basic maths classes.

Well everyone keeps asking why Souths have loads of members and sht crowds, somyes people seem to be not realising that one game memberships look great for membership tallys but aren't effecting attendances and having limited impact on clubs bottom lines.. I think we'd be surprised if we saw how many of current memberships are full season memberships.

Timmah

Staff member
Well everyone keeps asking why Souths have loads of members and sht crowds, somyes people seem to be not realising that one game memberships look great for membership tallys but aren't effecting attendances and having limited impact on clubs bottom lines.. I think we'd be surprised if we saw how many of current memberships are full season memberships.
"Everyone"

No, just a select few, then they get everyone explaining it to them fairly quickly.

As for "having limited impact" on clubs bottom lines, do you understand basic economics? It's better to get people who might not otherwise be inclined in at a lower price point than to not get their $$ at all.

FMD

cain3y

Juniors
Brisbane 35782
South Sydney 30411
Parramatta 24282
Melbourne 19828
Canberra 19046
St George 18435
Canterbury 18348
North QLD 18052
Wests 17686
Penrith 17622
NewZealand 17091
Sydney 15355
Cronulla 15117
Newcastle 13050
Manly 12646
Gold Coast 10865

Total 303616

cain3y

Juniors
Brisbane 36220
South Sydney 30411
Parramatta 24344
Melbourne 19941
Penrith 19139
Canberra 19073
St George 18643
Canterbury 18386
North QLD 18144
Wests 17686
NewZealand 17091
Sydney 15472
Cronulla 15170
Newcastle 13050
Manly 12646
Gold Coast 10865

Total 306281

moffla

Bench
Looks like we will actually crack 20,000. Not bad for a club that was tipped to fold in 2010.

(Helps being a decent team!)

taipan

Referee
Looks like we will actually crack 20,000. Not bad for a club that was tipped to fold in 2010.

(Helps being a decent team!)

When they crack 20,000 members which should be very soon, the club should send a news alert to Peter" I wear bandana" FitzSimons.

This bombastic ,arrogant git was one of the first ,who stated the Storm would have to relocate to the Central Coast,as soon as a Super union side was set up in Melbourne.We know how that is turning out now LOL.Dennis Fitzgerald, former Parra head honcho, another.

Latest posts