What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Pommy

Coach
I think the question is why would farah go to England.

The 2 main reasons someone would leave the nrl is Money or lack of oppurtunites. Farah is contracted for next year so has a guaranteed pay check. He is also still starting in the nrl and you could say he has comfortably saw of the cook challenge for his position.

So why would Farah uproot, be away from his businesses etc to go to uk for no real gain

He is contracted next season, he could be given a contract for several years on decent money in England.
He can compete for trophies if he leaves, he is unlikely to be doing that at Souths. Some may say the SL and the challenge cup are irrelevant but its still lan experience and a challenge. Not everything is about money.

Sure Farah has business interests here but I assume he is more of an owner than he is a manager, I'm sure they would continue in his absence.

doyen

Bench
I agree. Cam Murray needs to play in the number 13 jersey. Madge is in some serious trouble right now. The only thing that would allow him to keep his job is the injury toll souths have had this year.

I meant RUDOLF[red nosed/green in experience]--the young prop in our NRL squad!!
Rudolf;the greatest --------------------of all!!???????????????

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I meant RUDOLF[red nosed/green in experience]--the young prop in our NRL squad!!
Rudolf;the greatest --------------------of all!!???????????????

I actually haven't heard much of rudolf (not as much hype as Murray is getting) but why not. Give the young kids their debut's now so they can witness first grade!

Travitoh

First Grade
He is contracted next season, he could be given a contract for several years on decent money in England.
He can compete for trophies if he leaves, he is unlikely to be doing that at Souths. Some may say the SL and the challenge cup are irrelevant but its still lan experience and a challenge. Not everything is about money.

Sure Farah has business interests here but I assume he is more of an owner than he is a manager, I'm sure they would continue in his absence.

Yeah, usually "business interests" mean that they're investors.

I actually haven't heard much of rudolf (not as much hype as Murray is getting) but why not. Give the young kids their debut's now so they can witness first grade!

I'm still of the belief that jerseys should be earnt and not handed out for the sake of it. If his form is good enough then sure but we aren't really hearing much outside of Murray and probably Douhei (if that's how it's spelt)

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Yeah, usually "business interests" mean that they're investors.

I'm still of the belief that jerseys should be earnt and not handed out for the sake of it. If his form is good enough then sure but we aren't really hearing much outside of Murray and probably Douhei (if that's how it's spelt)

Yeah that's also true, but from what we have seen from most of the young players so far this year they're much more willing to give it a go than some of our veterans. It's probably because they're more able than anything actually.

I wouldn't worry too much anyway as long as Madge is coach he hasn't seen to taken any extreme measures this year!

Travitoh

First Grade
Yeah that's also true, but from what we have seen from most of the young players so far this year they're much more willing to give it a go than some of our veterans. It's probably because they're more able than anything actually.

I wouldn't worry too much anyway as long as Madge is coach he hasn't seen to taken any extreme measures this year!

Madge is coaching for his job, he can't afford to put out a side that could go 0-6 to finish the season. His 4-0 finish last season saved him a lot of pressure.
The funny thing is though and like you mention, a couple of kids could breath life into the side.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
souths will have another shiiit team in 2018 if my dud list is not wholly deleted .....If the clarks and turners/tyrrells and britts and gosiewski/greinke and talakais and burns and jennings and co from my dud list are still playing 1st grade for next year then we are definitely fugged again .....p.s. i know r20 can see it but but but the dont knowers know nothing and cant see it FACT... Shadow...

handyman2190

Bench
souths will have another shiiit team in 2018 if my dud list is not wholly deleted .....If the clarks and turners/tyrrells and britts and gosiewski/greinke and talakais and burns and jennings and co from my dud list are still playing 1st grade for next year then we are definitely fugged again .....p.s. i know r20 can see it but but but the dont knowers know nothing and cant see it FACT... Shadow...
I agree and go so far as to say that unless we buy 2 props and at least 2 backs 2018 shapes as a spoon year for us considering the 2 teams under us have bought well while we sit watching and saying I have complete faith in my players like madge has on numerous occassions.Wake up Richo Wake up Madge we dont have grain fed Angus beef we have throw backs that have seen better days hoggets that have no heart or talent to wear the red and green. Im sorry boys other teams poach our contracted players by whispering sweet money in their ears and i want to know why we cant pinch contractex players unless they are over the hill stewarts or grants. This is absolutely depressing

Rabbits20

Immortal
So it's looking like Sam has a cracked rib which would rub him out for the rest of the season.

A huge blow but our season is over anyway and he has certainly earned his rest.

Who's captain now then? Farah? Reyno? Sutton?
Sutto.... no contest....

Rabbits20

Immortal
I agree and go so far as to say that unless we buy 2 props and at least 2 backs 2018 shapes as a spoon year for us considering the 2 teams under us have bought well while we sit watching and saying I have complete faith in my players like madge has on numerous occassions.Wake up Richo Wake up Madge we dont have grain fed Angus beef we have throw backs that have seen better days hoggets that have no heart or talent to wear the red and green. Im sorry boys other teams poach our contracted players by whispering sweet money in their ears and i want to know why we cant pinch contractex players unless they are over the hill stewarts or grants. This is absolutely depressing
Bravo bravo........

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm LMAO at all the Cook hatred. They got no idea!!!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

There's a legal clause in contacts that prevents other clubs from talking to players unless the club has told them they're allowed to look around. That's why it's kind of odd clubs are "talking" to Maloney when I think it's technically illegal. theres a certain date that other clubs are allowed to approach players but I don't know exactly when that date is and if it's different per contract.

It's part of the reason why most of the smart clubs resign the players before they get a chance to talk to other clubs. Souths? No, we resign them when they're at their most expensive because we like a challenge.

Pommy

Coach
There's a legal clause in contacts that prevents other clubs from talking to players unless the club has told them they're allowed to look around. That's why it's kind of odd clubs are "talking" to Maloney when I think it's technically illegal. theres a certain date that other clubs are allowed to approach players but I don't know exactly when that date is and if it's different per contract.

It's part of the reason why most of the smart clubs resign the players before they get a chance to talk to other clubs. Souths? No, we resign them when they're at their most expensive because we like a challenge.

Football have much stricter rules regarding contracts and even they allow players to talk and sign within 6 months of their contract ending.
I'm not sure it's a rule in RL considering players sign for teams years in advance.

Pommy

Coach

There's this thing called a salary cap. You can't just sign players when we still have contracted players on the books.

handyman2190

Bench

If any1 believes clubs and players dont talk and negotiate before the November of their last year... they are nieve and living in wonderland manly got caught sending contracts over the fax its a joke but if every1 else does it to strengthen their team WTF are we doing? Playing by the rules and sliding down.
There should be a clause in high paid players contract that if the team falls under 12 spot they lose 15% lets see then AR kicking out on the full from a kickoff what a joke

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Football have much stricter rules regarding contracts and even they allow players to talk and sign within 6 months of their contract ending.
I'm not sure it's a rule in RL considering players sign for teams years in advance.

Yeah, I don't know exactly how it works because I'm not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure there is a certain time players are allowed to talk to other clubs. I don't know whether or not that stops clubs having "coffee" with certain players but yeah..

If that is the case we need to lock up our younger players like Crichton, fui, Murray now. When the Burgess' come off contract then we can start spending I guess.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
If any1 believes clubs and players dont talk and negotiate before the November of their last year... they are nieve and living in wonderland manly got caught sending contracts over the fax its a joke but if every1 else does it to strengthen their team WTF are we doing? Playing by the rules and sliding down.
There should be a clause in high paid players contract that if the team falls under 12 spot they lose 15% lets see then AR kicking out on the full from a kickoff what a joke

Yeah well manly is under a salary cap investigation so that's not working out too well for them...

I do agree that their should be pay decreases and pay increases due to form but I don't know how it could work. A team coming first may go over the salary cap then?

handyman2190

Bench
Yeah well manly is under a salary cap investigation so that's not working out too well for them...

I do agree that their should be pay decreases and pay increases due to form but I don't know how it could work. A team coming first may go over the salary cap then?
Manly will get away scot free its all smoke mirrors and paperbags.....who in their right mind would write down or enter in their computer bag payments its all BS

Latest posts