What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

morley101

Juniors
NRL should buy Pro-Ticket or similar and have it as the one point of sale for all NRL Match tickets and ensure this is a part any future stadium deals. . Ticketek and Ticketmaster are making a fortune with
$6 - $8 transaction fee.

M2D2

Bench
Roosters and Souths should pool their efforts to get a better deal out of Moore Park. There's a lot of political posturing going on out that way. Trust trying to paint a picture to the government they need a few hundred mil for an upgrade, rumours that Roosters are planning to drop down to 6 games a year there.

Roosters + Souths playing 10 games each at Moore Park under a better tenancy agreement could see the Trust improve their bargaining position with the government for an upgrade.
Willl never happen. SCG trust will never pay Souths or Easts to use their stadium, unlike ANZ.

adamkungl

Immortal
Willl never happen. SCG trust will never pay Souths or Easts to use their stadium, unlike ANZ.

ANZ are getting the lions share of upgrade money because they have more tenants.
The only reason they have more tenants is because they offer better rental agreements.

The SCG Trust should be worried. They are soon to be relegated from the best stadium in Sydney to 3rd best, despite their prime location.
Roosters apparently considering alternative options and the Waratahs in freefall.
If they don't come to the table soon they could be seeing some very empty winters at the SFS.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Round 20 crowds

Thursday Broncos 24,267
Friday 6pm Roosters 7,121
Friday 8pm Cronulla 12,123
Saturday panthers 11,480
Saturday Raiders 14,115
Saturday Cowboys 16,080
Sunday Dragons 16,883
Sunday Wests 30,901

taipan

Referee

Perth Red

Post Whore
NRL should offer Sydney clubs a Sunday double header at anz, one of the games each week a Sydney blockbuster and other a Sydney v out of town team.
clubs involved keep the corporate box sales, split the gate between clubs and nrl and nrl responsible for marketing the hell out of it. 1pm KO and 3pm KO. Both sets of members of the four clubs get in and reasonable price for walk ups. NRL Cover game day experience and let's see if we could get regular 40-50k crowds to double headers there.

Not much point in having nine teams in one city if you doNt leverage off the "tribalism"

M2D2

Bench
might not be big $ to use it, but they will still likely offer $ compared to other stadiums who only take $.

DC_fan

Coach
Round 20 crowds

Thursday Broncos 24,267
Friday 6pm Roosters 7,121
Friday 8pm Cronulla 12,123
Saturday panthers 11,480
Saturday Raiders 14,115
Saturday Cowboys 16,080
Sunday Dragons 16,883
Sunday Wests 30,901

Five good crowds this weekend that will drive up the season average over the 15,000 mark. I am going to predict that this years regular season average will be the highest since 2014.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Five good crowds this weekend that will drive up the season average over the 15,000 mark. I am going to predict that this years regular season average will be the highest since 2014.

That's a low bar, last two years have been shthouse!

big hit!

Bench
Yes it is a low bar, but considering they have thrown in that great crowd seducing 6 pm Friday timeslot,it's remarkable to even achieve any increase that comes along.
even with a shit early start, most folks still more likely to go to the game on friday than monday

taipan

Referee
even with a shit early start, most folks still more likely to go to the game on friday than monday

7,000 who attended Roosters V Knights is what I'm getting at.
Whilst you may get a few who live near or work near the stadiums,6pm is a crowd killer.

Billythekid

First Grade
What are the chances of that 6pm Friday game being scrapped? Even the ratings for fox are pretty damn average. They'd be just as well off having an exclusive Sunday game.

NRL should offer Sydney clubs a Sunday double header at anz, one of the games each week a Sydney blockbuster and other a Sydney v out of town team.
clubs involved keep the corporate box sales, split the gate between clubs and nrl and nrl responsible for marketing the hell out of it. 1pm KO and 3pm KO. Both sets of members of the four clubs get in and reasonable price for walk ups. NRL Cover game day experience and let's see if we could get regular 40-50k crowds to double headers there.

Not much point in having nine teams in one city if you doNt leverage off the "tribalism"

I don't know about the specifics but something like this would be great.

carcharias

Immortal
Do we need footy at 6pm on a Friday?

1 game at about 7.15
Finish by 9.
Then the rest at nice sensible weekend times.
Not the 6pm on a Sunday arvo shit they bunged on at the start.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Do we need footy at 6pm on a Friday?

1 game at about 7.15
Finish by 9.
Then the rest at nice sensible weekend times.
Not the 6pm on a Sunday arvo shit they bunged on at the start.

Easy solution: extra game on Sunday. I'd be more willing to try the Sunday 6pm timeslot actually if it must be a night game.

Billythekid

First Grade
Easy solution: extra game on Sunday. I'd be more willing to try the Sunday 6pm timeslot actually if it must be a night game.

Agree with this. The 6pm Sunday arvo slot is fine. Though in general I just want to see us move to 3 games on Sunday. Really market it like the super Saturday. You could try having 12/2/4 instead of 2/4/6. It would also allow us to really take advantage of more day time games and do something like what Perth red suggests above.

carcharias

Immortal

6pm Sunday was shit
Went to one

I want to heading home at 6 on a Sunday
Not just getting started.
It's alright if your single and about 20

Pretty f**ked it your whipped with kids ...like me.

Billythekid

First Grade
6pm Sunday was shit
Went to one

I want to heading home at 6 on a Sunday
Not just getting started.
It's alright if your single and about 20

Pretty f**ked it your whipped with kids ...like me.

I guess we slightly disagree because I actually like 6pm Sunday as a timeslot. Having said that it's not so much that it's an ideal timeslot just that it's better than the awful 6pm Friday one.

I would much prefer a situation where we have 3 day games on Sunday. I'm certain we can do it and have it be attractive to both TV and crowd goers. Have 3 games starting from 12 and really advertise as I said above as a super Saturday and encourage people to have a nice BBQ day watching the footy.

Crowds are obviously going to benefit from having more day games.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Surely the logical thing would be to have most of the warriors home games plus any on the road nz games in the early Friday slot, in fact why not entice more clubs to play games in nz to cover more of this slot? Then mix it up when nz not at home with Sunday 6pm slots.

Or they could grow some balls and tell tv to get faked and play games at the same time or overlapping in the best time slots ala afl!

Or even better bring in a Perth team and have them play 4pm WA time for a 6pm east coast KO!