What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

big hit!

Bench
7,000 who attended Roosters V Knights is what I'm getting at.
Whilst you may get a few who live near or work near the stadiums,6pm is a crowd killer.

definitely agree with you. shit time for a game.

i keep saying:
1x fri 8pm
1x sat 3:30pm
1x sat 5:30pm
2x sat 7:30pm
1x sun 2pm
1x sun 4pm
1x sun 6pm (or 12pm for warriors games)

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors
12 too early for a Sunday NRL game imo.

2pm
4pm
6pm
Rest looks spot on.
What's wrong with a nearly Saturday game like 1pm? Can't always be concerned with conflicting against local games being played. Sounds like a nice time to go to a game. then you could have 4 stand alone Saturday games (1,3,5,7:30) if you don't want an overlap.

Clifferd

Coach
They can be logical about the locations, i.e NZ, Melbourne games moreso than far North cities in the early months. And if weather is an issue, then they can potentially look at that timeslot at least from May onwards.

More so because of junior sport being on around there so not targeting all necessary audience. Also yeah factor in the heat in march

Billythekid

First Grade
A single game on Friday to kick off the round is something the game sorely missed. The Friday night game used to be something you would get excited about regardless of who was playing. It was the start of the week for that round of league and it felt awesome whenever it came around.

We've now taught fans to only tune in to watch when it's their team playing (hence why the broncos get on every week or no one in QLD would watch apparently).

I would love to see a return to Friday night being the start of the round and basically pick the match of the round each week in that slot. Also make sure that you alternate who plays there instead of just being the broncos game each week. Really hype up and advertise that as the start of the weekend and the return of the footy.

I know many disagree but if I had to choose I'd rather a Monday night game to finish the round than Thursday to start it. Obviously neither would be ideal.

Fri
1x 7.15
Sat
1x 3
1x 4.40
1x 6.10
1x 8.00
Sun
1x 12
1x 2
1x 4

I can see Friday 6pm going the way of the dodo because it's ratings don't justify the severe drop in crowds. I feel it's in the best interest of the NRL and fox to remove this awful time slot.

However it's hard to see us not having either a Thursday or Monday night game. They simply offer to much in terms of TV dollars.

1pm in March?

You would have to shift it around so it's a 6pm game during certain portions of the season.

Billythekid

First Grade
More so because of junior sport being on around there so not targeting all necessary audience. Also yeah factor in the heat in march

No matter when you play games they'll be competing with something. Not every game is going to be targeting all of the NRL's audience. That's why we have 8 games played across a variety of games and timeslots.

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors

Do get the heat factor, so potentially a later start in the year in that timeslot unless you use NZ as a potential location at least a couple of times before the cold weather hits.

I guess you can't please everyone or you are limiting your availability on start times. Not everyone has kids or has kids that play junior sport on Saturdays so that shouldn't be the sole influence over that decision.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How did we manage to lock ourselves into stand alone fixtures? That is what kills the opportunities to maximise crowds. Seven and fox don't seem to have an issue simucasting afl games. Their fixture times this round

Friday 7:50pm
Saturday 1:45pm
Saturday 2:10pm
Saturday 4:05pm
Saturday 7:25pm
Sunday 1:10pm
Sunday 2:40pm
Sunday 3:20pm

carcharias

Immortal
How did we manage to lock ourselves into stand alone fixtures? That is what kills the opportunities to maximise crowds. Seven and fox don't seem to have an issue simucasting afl games. Their fixture times this round

Friday 7:50pm
Saturday 1:45pm
Saturday 2:10pm
Saturday 4:05pm
Sunday 1:10pm
Sunday 2:40pm
Sunday 3:20pm

The NRL want their fans to see every game live.

Latest posts