What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the Sydney Roosters win the Grand Final again this year?

Tommy Smith

Referee
can't see any team beating a full-strength Storm side :(
Nope. Most obvious Premiers since Broncos 2000.

SST now likely gone for the season.

Injuries have ended the Cowboys season. They've now ended ours. The Broncos will struggle minus McCullogh despite yesterday. Eels have lost Gutho and Pritchard.

Who's left?!

FFS just give the Storm the trophy now they don't have a serious opponent left standing.

Danny-Boy

Juniors
There's nobody. So which team wants the honour of getting towelled up by the Storm in the 2017 Grand Final?

Apey

Staff member
Sharks beating Storm in the GF would be great. Dragons fans wouldn't know what to do with themselves.

Tommy Smith

Referee
There are a lot of wrist slitters in here. Take a look at the Storms finals record over the last 6 years.
It's not over yet.
The problem is that this year basically all of their main competition are losing their key players to season ending injuries.

Don't think I've ever seen a season like it.

King hit

Coach
Nope. Most obvious Premiers since Broncos 2000.

SST now likely gone for the season.

Injuries have ended the Cowboys season. They've now ended ours. The Broncos will struggle minus McCullogh despite yesterday. Eels have lost Gutho and Pritchard.

Who's left?!

FFS just give the Storm the trophy now they don't have a serious opponent left standing.

All the injuries to star players have left us with a pretty bland season tbh. The Roosters are without Cordner and Gordon atm so they aren't at full strength but I think they are the team that has the best chance of toppling the Storm.

The Broncos did have to work pretty hard for the 2000 premiership in the end though. They had to come from 20-6 behind at halftime in the first week of the finals and only won 16-10 against Parra in the preliminary finals and won a very boring GF 14-6 against the Roosters who fought to the end.

Life's Good

Coach
The problem is that this year basically all of their main competition are losing their key players to season ending injuries.

Don't think I've ever seen a season like it.

True that injuries are impacting some teams (Cordner, Thurston) but the finals have a habit of throwing up surprises. Will that happen this year well I don't know but that is part of the excitement.
Anyway, we won our premiership in March so I am at peace now.

Tommy Smith

Referee
All the injuries to star players have left us with a pretty bland season tbh. The Roosters are without Cordner and Gordon atm so they aren't at full strength but I think they are the team that has the best chance of toppling the Storm.

SST is absolutely crucial to us as we saw last week. So with him likely done for the year we're f**ked.

And then there's Toops with a groin issue now to go with Boyd's knee, Friend's broken hand, and Gordon's pec.

Forget the title, I can see us falling to 6th with that brutal injury toll.

True that injuries are impacting some teams (Cordner, Thurston) but the finals have a habit of throwing up surprises. Will that happen this year well I don't know but that is part of the excitement.
Anyway, we won our premiership in March so I am at peace now.
Um Cowboys are without Matt Scott .Aust starting prop
JT ..future immortal
Now Gavin Cooper ..SOO player & inspirational Capt & workhorse
winter stein you can replace
Those other 3
Nope

Latest posts