What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the Sydney Roosters win the Grand Final again this year?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
If you use the 2006 GF as a guide all the Roosters/Eels/Broncos/Cowboys/Seagles have to do is make the GF against the Storm . . . the referees could easily be the difference between winning and losing. Imo if the GF was refereed as Origin is refereed the Sharks are the only team capable of 'upsetting' Melbourne . . . providing Maloney plays to his potential

The above depends on the Storm, easily the best team of the year if they don't disintegrate in the remaining rounds, not failing in the 'finals'. A team may not come up to expectations in just one game in the finals for everything to turn pear shaped, regardless of what they did in the 26 rounds to get there

In the finals the Storm might have all the 50/50 calls go their way, struggle to make the GF and win it with a field goal in Golden Point. In Wankerland the Storm would therefore be recognized as the best team of the year . . . so the best team of the year should consider themselves lucky to be 'Premiers' . . . bullshit at its best
The 26 rounds sorts the men from the boys. The finals sort the elite from the men.

I'm not surprised you struggle with the concept.

Too easy, I was fishing, lolly jar etc.

POPEYE

Coach
The 26 rounds sorts the men from the boys. The finals sort the elite from the men.

I'm not surprised you struggle with the concept.

Too easy, I was fishing, lolly jar etc.
If you like 'elite' boys you'd also be barracking for The Cardinal

Latrell Mitchell and Topou on the left edge has been their main attacking weapon lately. Topou is certainly a big loss.

It is a terrible loss.

If the Roosters lose this weekend against Melbourne they could slip to 4th place. Then they still have to play the Sharks in the shire. Tough road ahead, especially with Daniel Tupou and Michael Gordon injured.

Still most neutrals would want to see a Melbourne Storm vs Sydney Roosters Grand Final..

Amin Yashed

Juniors
It is a terrible loss.

If the Roosters lose this weekend against Melbourne they could slip to 4th place. Then they still have to play the Sharks in the shire. Tough road ahead, especially with Daniel Tupou and Michael Gordon injured.

Still most neutrals would want to see a Melbourne Storm vs Sydney Roosters Grand Final..
They'd be the last two sides I'd want to see in the Grand Final. It'd just be boring watching the storm win by 50.

Clifferd

Coach
The only teams I like in the top 8 currently are Penrith and cowboys and I can't see them getting anywhere near the gf lol

Maybe Cronulla v Parra with Parra losing yet another grand final would be pretty funny

People like to see stars playing. Melbourne Storm has Billy Slater, Cooper Cronk, Cameron Munster, Suilasi Vunivalu, and Cameron Smith. The Sydney Roosters have Latrell Mitchell, Luke Keary, Mitchell Pearce, Joseph Manu, Boyd Cordner, Daniel Tupou, Isaac Liu and S. S. Taukeaho.

Now that Cronulla has lost Ben Barba to the mighty St Helens they only have Valentine Holmes and James Maloney as stars. Parramatta only has Semi Radradra and Bevan French. Brisbane only has Anthony Milford and Jimmy the Jet. So people get more star value for their money if they can get to see the Roosters and the Storm playing each other.

Last edited:

DJShaksta

First Grade
People like to see stars playing. Melbourne Storm has Billy Slater, Cooper Cronk, Cameron Munster, and Cameron Smith. The Sydney Roosters have Latrell Mitchell, Luke Keary, Mitchell Pearce, Joseph Manu, Boyd Cordner, Daniel Tupou, Isaac Liu and S. S. Taukeaho.

Now that Cronulla has lost Ben Barba to the mighty St Helens they only have Valentine Holmes and James Maloney as stars. Parramatta only has Semi Radradra and Bevan French. Brisbane only has Anthony Milford and Jimmy the Jet. So people get more star value for their money if they can get to see the Roosters and the Storm playing each other.
Biggest load of tripe I've ever read

Biggest load of tripe I've ever read

You obviously don't understand the star system which drives the crowds at NRL games. This is what puts bums on seats and money in the better clubs' coffers.

The Storm and the Roosters are the star studded teams of the moment.

Clifferd

Coach
You obviously don't understand the star system which drives the crowds at NRL games. This is what puts bums on seats and money in the better clubs' coffers.

The Storm and the Roosters are the star studded teams of the moment.

Lol @ those stars you mentioned for the Roosters

None of them even stand out as game breakers. Just good 1st grade players

Not even in the same universe as Cooper Cronk, Cameron Smith and Slater

King hit

Coach

Of course they aren't, Cooper, Smith and Slater are on another planet.

You are joking. Latrell Mitchell, Daniel Tupou and Luke Keary are game breakers. They have created havoc with opposing teams' right side defences.

Cockosh

Juniors
It's actually amazing that roosters and storm haven't met in a GF considering they have appeared in 13 of the 19 GF's since 1998.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I think the Broncos have shown that they are definitely contenders.
I would have to agree.

They've adapted without McCullogh quite brilliantly and are playing a very exciting brand of "small ball" with the 3 nippy midget playmakers.

Great to watch but the problem for the Broncos ie that they don't match up well vs the Storm.

Clifferd

Coach
You are joking. Latrell Mitchell, Daniel Tupou and Luke Keary are game breakers. They have created havoc with opposing teams' right side defences.

They are also widely inconsistent. I love how you literally named 10 "stars" for the Roosters but only named like 4 from Melbourne, the team that is 1st on the ladder by quite some margin and will probably teach the roosters a football lesson tonight

Latest posts