What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Eels @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 23: Eels v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
These kids don't deserve the spoon. It's great to see them growing and being rewarded for their effort all year. Fitzgibbon is going off at the moment. We might want to get a deal done there sooner rather than later.

We needed these wins so bad. Brown has taken a long road, but it looks like we have a lot to be excited about next year.

Lynoman

Bench
How good was that second half? I seriously haven't felt comfortable in the last 20 mins of a Knights game for a long, long time!

Glendale

Juniors
Personally, the wooden spoon doesn't bother me a whole deal wether we get it or not, obviously would rather avoid it, but geez if we get it, we really don't deserve it, we have not been the worst performing side this year.

perverse

Referee
Geez, looking at the forward stats - it's not hard to see why the backs did well. Everyone ripped in.

Still Nutty

Juniors
Referee is ol mate Henry. We dont get decisions at the best of times with this bloke and will def not get the rib of the green playing his old club.

Oh well, have had a few go our way in the last 2 weeks. Cannot see us winning this game. Parra too much to play for and will ride on the back of Henry.

I think Henry remembered he owed us about 5 games worth of dud callls and decided to pay us back a few :grin:

Having said that, we competed and completed, especially in that second half and Parramatta had no intensity and no answers. So impressed by the way this team is improving at this end of the season and setting an awesome culture that will be invaluable for a strong foundation to kick off 2018.

Well done to all...

Swarzey

Bench
Well done. Well f**king done lads. Bullied Parra into the dirt, the pack got on top of what is one of the best in the league right now. Forced repeat errors, made their night a living hell. The side has such a positive attitude around them, they're playing with immense confidence and they just refuse to crumble like before. I'm so f**king proud to support them; the dark days are certainly ending.

Lamb is something aye. Never doubted the kid to bounce back, never doubted he would play this kind of football. Will only get better next year with a stable spine to work with.

slotmachine

First Grade
Whatever King took between the Broncs and Roosters games I want some of.

He went from an absolute plodder running the ball to quality, basically over night

Pedge1971

First Grade
I dont even cry after a win any more. Is this what consistency feels like?

Special mention Luke Yates. He tackled everything that moved and somehow made yards in the middle against much bigger blokes. Limited minutes but we lost no momentum.

Billy Peden reincarnated.

I was questioning the short passing game at times but it really paid off. It's good to see them mix it up a bit.
Some of our last tackle options were questionable but regardless of that and what errors we made we didn't fall apart.
Our scramble back in defence was excellent.

Swarzey

Bench
Confidence, man. Same are Fitzgibbon. The Saifiti twins putting in monster performances would have certainly helped.

Literally said it for months, the moment this side learns to win, they'll find confidence and improve out of sight.

Latest posts