What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Doust poll

Should Doust be sacked as our CEO

• yes

Votes: 98 91.6%
  • no

Votes: 9 8.4%

• Total voters

Frank Facer

First Grade
I have decided to make a thread up, with poll of if Doust should be sacked. I know the poll will be heavily in favor of Doust being sacked. I actually wonder if there will be any Saints fans, besides Doust's family members who think that Doust should not be sacked. I believe that when we put poll up with 100+ votes for Doust to be sacked and under 5 votes for him to not be sacked will be a very telling indication of how much Saints fans want Doust to be sacked and how ignorant the powers that be are to this.

Think of this thread as a petition.

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
There is saying in Rugby League, Winning starts at the front office. Well then Doust should definitely be sacked.

I do not believe that Doust has the rugby league brain to be our CEO.

I also do not believe that Doust has the business acumen to be our CEO. We have struggled to compete with other teams when it comes to offering 3rd party deals, Doust must take responsibility for that.

We are now in debt with the NRL. Doust must take responsibility for that.

We resigned Mary twice mid season, when there were no other clubs interested in signing Mary. Mary should have been sacked at the end of last year and Jason Demetriou, been given the opportunity. Mary should now be sacked.

We have taken games away from our 2 home grounds and played them at opposition home grounds instead. lol Doust should is responsible for that.

We have only made the semi's once since 2011 and were knocked out in the first week. Doust must take responsibility for that.

Doust is a failure as a CEO on every aspect I can think of. He is incompetent and clueless. This has now dragged on for way too long. Doust must be sacked. Everyone vote and we can send this thread to the NRL, to the Daily Telegraph, to the SMH, to the Leagues club and anyone else who could possibly make a difference.

Last edited:
There is saying in Rugby League, Winning starts at the front office. Well then Doust should definitely be sacked.

I also do not believe that Doust has the business acumen to be our CEO. We have struggled to compete with other teams when it comes to offering 3rd party deals, Doust must take responsibility for that.

We resigned Mary twice mid season, when there were no other clubs interested in signing Mary. Mary should have been sacked at the end of last year and Jason Demetriou, been given the opportunity. Mary should now be sacked.

We have taken games away from our 2 home grounds and played them at opposition home grounds instead. lol Doust should is responsible for that.

We have only made the semi's once since 2011 and were knocked out in the first week. Doust must take responsibility for that.

Doust is a failure at a CEO on every aspect I can think of. He is incompetent and clueless. This has now dragged on for way too long. Doust must be sacked. Everyone vote and we can send this thread to the NRL, to the Daily Telegraph, to the SMH, to the Leagues club and anyone else who could possibly make a difference.
Club's problem described perfectly in a nutshell.
I would add the crony board members that cover each others arses.
Put a brom through the place. We can't do any worse!

Walpole

Juniors
This'll end up 1000 to 3, as it would have every year from about 2001. He's not a genuine CEO in any business context. Were he to quit the Dragons tomorrow, how many top shelf companies would be chasing him as their new CEO? Zero. None. He runs our club like any suburban club, where the old boys keep him in charge because he'll slip them a VB and free sausage roll across the counter. Except we don't even score the chook raffle proceeds out of this arrangement.

Life's Good

Coach
An emphatic yes from me.
He's been here long enough that his tenure will be remembered more for feathering his own nest, incompetence and general lack of vision that has driven the club backwards(RGRV, coach appointments).
Quite a contrast to his first 10 years.
He reports to a board that should also be in the firing line.

MilanDragon

Juniors
Yes, I'd love him gone, but Doust is another symptom of a larger problem and that is the Board of Directors.

When Doust does eventually go, these men will simply get another patsy in place and the wheel will keep on spinning. They are the true problem at the core of our club.

Very good Benny. Someone that understands how a company works. The CEO is elected by the board. So we need not only a now CEO but a change in board personnel to have a change in our corporate culture.

Frank I can't think of anyone that would say Doust has done a good job - when the organisation is losing money year on year you need a new direction.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I agree with everyone and quite simply, the proof is in the Pudding! Our once rich and proud club now belongs in the same basket as Titans, Tigers and Knights. Clubs that are propped up by the NRL due to poor management, direction and financially in debt. We await a saviour to come along & buy in. Whilst Doust remains in power, this will never occur. He's driving the bus backwards heading for the cliff!! I am not enjoying this f.ckin ride.

I voted No.

The way the Dragons are run the next cab off the rank, the next snout in the trough if you will, would be Craig Young.

We all know how the Dragons football club, and the leagues club for that matter, work.
It's not like they would search high and low for an experienced, qualified CEO.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
It is time for Doust to go as he has been in the job for to long and is not performing.
In any private business this performance would lead to a tap on the shoulder.
He has had a good run but it is past his time and we need new blood for the club to rebuild.

monsterkev

Juniors
In all honesty I would rather the nrl take action to wind the club up to recoup their money
It will possibly be the only way to
Clear out the dead wood ruining the club
They could take full control until a buyer is found and new board members/Ceo/coach etc to run things
Saints will never do any good until all the old boys are marched out the door

blacksafake

First Grade

Doust is a failure as a CEO on every aspect I can think of. He is incompetent and clueless. This has now dragged on for way too long. Doust must be sacked. Everyone vote and we can send this thread to the NRL, to the Daily Telegraph, to the SMH, to the Leagues club and anyone else who could possibly make a difference.
Spot on
Have emailed these thoughts to the club for a while now but obviously their heads are in the sand & quite simply I don't think they care one iota the board

BennyV

Referee
I voted No.

The way the Dragons are run the next cab off the rank, the next snout in the trough if you will, would be Craig Young.

We all know how the Dragons football club, and the leagues club for that matter, work.
It's not like they would search high and low for an experienced, qualified CEO.
I dont think they've stoop to Craig Young levels. More likely they'd simply promote Michael McDonald and Doust would just go back to his seat on the board (I genuinely dont know if it's common practice to have a board member also hold the position of CEO, but it seems like a HUGE conflict of interest).

McDonald would literally take the torch from Doust and nothing would change, other than the failing board member buy themselves a few more years of silence from the fans of the club because they 'got rid' of Doust.

merahputih

Juniors
This'll end up 1000 to 3, as it would have every year from about 2001. He's not a genuine CEO in any business context. Were he to quit the Dragons tomorrow, how many top shelf companies would be chasing him as their new CEO? Zero. None. He runs our club like any suburban club, where the old boys keep him in charge because he'll slip them a VB and free sausage roll across the counter. Except we don't even score the chook raffle proceeds out of this arrangement.
A serious flaw in your argument here: it's a Crownie, not a VB.

SBD82

Coach
I dont think they've stoop to Craig Young levels. More likely they'd simply promote Michael McDonald and Doust would just go back to his seat on the board (I genuinely dont know if it's common practice to have a board member also hold the position of CEO, but it seems like a HUGE conflict of interest).

In my (not necessarily vast) experience a CEO sitting on a board is the norm.

It's the way that the day to day operations have representation at board level.