What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbits20

Immortal
Fuimaono has actually proven to be our best centre this year. I'm kind of curious to see the equation next year with Sutton being offered another contract. Maybe fui will be a permanent centre. If that is the case then we probably don't need Beale but another forward would be
nice.
Correctamundo.......

Fui will only improve imo....

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hunt must lift.

He needs to stay on the field and he has to get his hands dirty and help bring the ball out of trouble rather than being back on his heels cruising along....

He needs to get that error out of his system that happens coming out of trouble too.....

I believe his defence is pretty sound but he needs to believe in himself more I reckon.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Jennings went well against the Cows as they had a second rower I believe it was Cooper defending at centre most of the match...........

What do you mean Jennings is no better at running the gall back than Goodwin????... he's nowhere near Goodwin' level. Goodwin gets his hands dirty whilst Jennings doesn't have it in him... it's clear to see....

Your centre analysis is spot on by the way... rankings are correct...

What I'm trying to say is that goodwins best attribute is his running game where his defence can be weak. Whereas Jennings hasn't shown to have strong defence or a strong running game.

Yeah I hope hunt can improve next year because I do like him as a player but fuimaono has proven to be a better centre.

Rabbits20

Immortal
What I'm trying to say is that goodwins best attribute is his running game where his defence can be weak. Whereas Jennings hasn't shown to have strong defence or a strong running game.

Yeah I hope hunt can improve next year because I do like him as a player but fuimaono has proven to be a better centre.
I think Goodwin' defence isn't as bad as you make out.

I remember so many times he has saved our bacon with one on one tackles that had to be made.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Oi Souths til I die.........

Hunt may be on the wing next year...

I wouldn't rule it out.

1. GI
2. AJ (left wing)
3. Gagai (right centre)
4. Fuimaono (left centre)
5. Hunt (right wing)

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think Goodwin' defence isn't as bad as you make out.

I remember so many times he has saved our bacon with one on one tackles that had to be made.

Goodwin has been a lot better this year. I think this year has been his best footy that he's played with us. Defence has always been a very average aspect of his game. He is infamous for rushing players when he doesn't have the speed.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Oi Souths til I die.........

Hunt may be on the wing next year...

I wouldn't rule it out.

1. GI
2. AJ (left wing)
3. Gagai (right centre)
4. Fuimaono (left centre)
5. Hunt (right wing)

Hunt or graham probably. Hunt isn't the kind of guy to whinge about being dropped to reserve grade though anyway. Hard worker hunt is.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Goodwin has been a lot better this year. I think this year has been his best footy that he's played with us. Defence has always been a very average aspect of his game. He is infamous for rushing players when he doesn't have the speed.
He's been very very good since the beginning of 2015 imo.....

southsport

First Grade
Souths are supporting the Bulldogs in a bid to increase the salary cap to 9.6 mil. Does this all but confirm our accountants are a special kind of special? In other words, we have no spending money.

It tells me that Souths do have money, why would you want the cap increased if you have nothing to spend?

Travitoh

First Grade
Cap preferences would come down to the status of clubs i believe.
'Big' clubs like Roosters, Broncos and Bulldogs who believe they can compete in the market would want the cap to be high to maximise their ability to recruit, while the 'smaller' markets like Raiders, Knights and Titans would probably prefer a smaller cap to help them hold on to their players.
I view it as the club asserting it's status, showing ambition and hopefully becoming a destination club for players.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Souths are supporting the Bulldogs in a bid to increase the salary cap to 9.6 mil. Does this all but confirm our accountants are a special kind of special? In other words, we have no spending money.
It makes sense that we would be supporting the Doggies,all clubs should be.
With the ongoing war between the players and the NRL for a greater slice of the pie,the clubs would want to be seen in a favourable light by the players as at least trying to entertain their requests.
This needs to happen for retention and recruitment purposes.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
It makes sense that we would be supporting the Doggies,all clubs should be.
With the ongoing war between the players and the NRL for a greater slice of the pie,the clubs would want to be seen in a favourable light by the players as at least trying to entertain their requests.
This needs to happen for retention and recruitment purposes.
Call it bluff and bullshit or what you will but it's a necessity!

handyman2190

Bench
I have said it before
We were offering 900 odd to maloney we must have had it to offer it we then pulled the offer hopeing to find different positions we have lost 3 backs and a prop that we know about.
But canterbury was 1 of the few who supported our reinstatement to the league it makes sense to help them in their hour of need and if u notice over the years we dont take their players without consultation...its like we are joined at the hip.
I agree with our stance if in fact this has occured

handyman2190

Bench
We from what Richo has stated cant find players of the quality we are after to spend the money we have so they are looking at youngsters

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
It tells me that Souths do have money, why would you want the cap increased if you have nothing to spend?

So you have more spending money? Why would you want the cap increased if you have spending money? That would just be giving teams like Cronulla, dogs, Raiders and panthers more room to recruit.

Latest posts