What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbits20

Immortal
I disagree about Graham, he's getting to the twilight of his career if he isn't there already and has had a few niggles this season. We're not 1 player away from a premiership tilt and we already have leaders in our forward pack so i fail to see what he would really bring.
It's the kind of signing we would've made 10 years ago but we are a better side/club now than we were back then.

I wouldn't be against having a go at Lichaa if we could offload Farah though. There isn't much else on the market and the change of scenery could do him a world of good. Also he'd be reasonably cheap and possibly on a short term deal so if he doesn't work out it'll be easy to part ways with him.
Worst case scenario - it inspires Cook to prove to the Dogs that he is the better dummyhalf.
Imo Lichaa is very very ordinary.

No way would I want him.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Starting line up.

1. Gagai
2. AJ
3. Hunt
4. GI
5. Graham

Reserves. Burns(centre/winger). Jennings (centre)

We have 2 guys in reserves who can fill in if injuries hit. You can move fuimaono back but that would mean bringing another second rower into the squad that isn't as good as fui. Gagai, Graham and AJ are the only non injury prone backs that we have.
So there is a high possibility that Jennings and burns are gonna see a lot of game time next year if they're our only options. I would like to see Beale recruited as he is twice the player of both Burns and Jennings. He is also not expensive at all. Plus Jennings has proven to be quite injury prone early in his career. If I recall correctly he's already suffered a broken foot and a knee injury at Souths.
Jennings is a defensive liability.

Big turnstile...

burgibigbash

Juniors
I don't know if you look at statistics much but you're completely incorrect. Paasi is a machine when he is on the field. James Graham is on a million dollar contract and Souths are supposedly tight with the cap. How do you figure we can get James graham?

No I actually watch the game and call it how I see it rather than relying purely on stats, and Passi while having some good things about his game also has some poor things in his game.
Just my opinion.
We were apparently in the hunt for Maloney and with the Dogs having to offload players I'm sure we could do a deal with the dogs like we did with the tigers and Farah.

Graham would be a great addition adding some defensive steel in the middle particularly on our own line.

Graham
Cook
Tom
Sam
Angus
Murray

Talakai/Sutton
Fuimaono
George
Musgrove

Turner
Clark

Premiership winning pack right there

burgibigbash

Juniors
Jennings and Burns have not proven to be regular first graders at all. They're getting better but the fact that they haven't been able to push their way into the squad with gray and hunt being injured for the majority of the season proves to me that Madge doesn't see them that way either.

Graham would still be playing NYC. I don't think he would be filthy at all. In fact it would probably be better for him considering he's only 18.

As for Beale being expensive that's just a load of shit. Beale is a solid first grader. He wouldn't be looking for more money than a player like Goodwin would be getting and with Goodwin leaving we can just offer him his money.
Jennings is a certainty to be in the backline next year. He is every bit a firstgrader IMO.

He has shown some great signs in attack and his defence has been quite good. Centres are the blokes that get all the flak for missing tackles near the line but they are the blokes generally under the most pressure. I think Sutton and Reynolds have been ordinary with their reads this year and to be honest Sutton has looked slow at times and Reynolds in particular needs to talk more in defence. This has a knock on effect and the centres cop the flak for which in all reality was the halves fault.

I really rate Fuimaono but he is a terrible read in defence at centre. Like Talakai he comes in for the big shot on the decoy instead of sliding , but both are secondrowers.

As for Beale He won't make our starting backline at full strength so spend the money on a player that will take us back to the top 4 and compliment the team.

Travitoh

First Grade
Imo Lichaa is very very ordinary.

No way would I want him.

By no means is he a world beater but should we offload Farah, Lichaa will provide decent dummy half cover at the very least for a low wage. Sure we have Phoenix Hunt coming through but he is still an unknown and i believe that 3 hookers in the 25 is a good balance (the 9, the back up and a development player)
It was only two years ago that Lichaa was preferred over Cook by the Dogs so they must have seen something in him because Cook hasn't exactly come here and set the world alight to prove the Dogs wrong.
Worst case scenario, he covers a spot in our 2018 squad on a lower wage than Farah while we go in to the market for a hooker to join us in 2019.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Jennings is a certainty to be in the backline next year. He is every bit a firstgrader IMO.

He has shown some great signs in attack and his defence has been quite good. Centres are the blokes that get all the flak for missing tackles near the line but they are the blokes generally under the most pressure. I think Sutton and Reynolds have been ordinary with their reads this year and to be honest Sutton has looked slow at times and Reynolds in particular needs to talk more in defence. This has a knock on effect and the centres cop the flak for which in all reality was the halves fault.

I really rate Fuimaono but he is a terrible read in defence at centre. Like Talakai he comes in for the big shot on the decoy instead of sliding , but both are secondrowers.

As for Beale He won't make our starting backline at full strength so spend the money on a player that will take us back to the top 4 and compliment the team.
Sorry but I can't agree on Jennings.

I go to pretty much all the home games and I have been disappointed!!!

He has knock ons in him and is very unsure defensively that at times he's a turnstile....

He has a lot to work on.......

I think Fui is better at centre than Jennings. Fui has been stronger defensively......

I'd even have Campbell ahead of him at this point...

Rabbits20

Immortal
By no means is he a world beater but should we offload Farah, Lichaa will provide decent dummy half cover at the very least for a low wage. Sure we have Phoenix Hunt coming through but he is still an unknown and i believe that 3 hookers in the 25 is a good balance (the 9, the back up and a development player)
It was only two years ago that Lichaa was preferred over Cook by the Dogs so they must have seen something in him because Cook hasn't exactly come here and set the world alight to prove the Dogs wrong.
Worst case scenario, he covers a spot in our 2018 squad on a lower wage than Farah while we go in to the market for a hooker to join us in 2019.
Cook can get the job done imo.

I like us having a running hooker personally that is fast and quick in service which gets the forwards rolling...

Dogmatix

Juniors
Jennings is always injured

Missed most of last season with the Panthers U20s injured. Has missed a lot of games this year injured

Players who are injured all the time like Jennings and Beau Champion become a big hole in your salary cap when you work out how much they are being paid per game

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
jennings/ dud talakai/ dud burns/ dud just send these 3 duds to bennett/bellyache hey guess what they would laugh at you and here is another laugh lets give dud clark dud turner and dud tyrrell to bennett/bellyache oh thats right they would laugh at you again . I JUST WONDER WHY SO MANY ON HERE WANT THESE 6 DUDS IN 1ST GRADE ITS TRULY INSANE/LAUGHABLE....FUIMAONO SHOULD BE IN THE CENTRES REPLACING HUNT.....WHAT TEAM WOULD WANT HUNT????? GEE PEOPLE ARE CLUELESS ON HERE EVEN CAMPBELL GRAHAM IS A BETTER PROSPECT THAN THESE 3 BACK LINE DUDS jennings talakai and burns including hunt i just cant understand why madge used talakai from the juniors he was a flop week in and week out??and is madge so so blind that he cant see that jennings/burns are not up to 1st grade standard by a long shot...PURE LUNACY AT SOUTHS AT BOARD LEVEL SO MY MATE SAID R20 THEY SEEM TO BE CLUELESS AT SOUTHS JUST LOOK BACK AT OUR WRONG TEAM SELECTIONS THAT WERE SUCH A DISASTER THIS YEAR...Shadow...

Last edited:

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Jennings is always injured

Missed most of last season with the Panthers U20s injured. Has missed a lot of games this year injured

Players who are injured all the time like Jennings and Beau Champion become a big hole in your salary cap when you work out how much they are being paid per game

oi DOGMATIX COME OVER TO MY THREAD FOREVERMAKINGTHREADAFTERTHREAD AND PLAY WITH THE BIG BOYS IF YOU DARE:p...ile put a bulldog question over there for you to answer mate ile be waiting;)...Shadow...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
No I actually watch the game and call it how I see it rather than relying purely on stats, and Passi while having some good things about his game also has some poor things in his game.
Just my opinion.
We were apparently in the hunt for Maloney and with the Dogs having to offload players I'm sure we could do a deal with the dogs like we did with the tigers and Farah.

Graham would be a great addition adding some defensive steel in the middle particularly on our own line.

Graham
Cook
Tom
Sam
Angus
Murray

Talakai/Sutton
Fuimaono
George
Musgrove

Turner
Clark

Premiership winning pack right there

Okay I'll tell you what if we could do a Farah for Graham swap I would take that. I wouldn't pay a million dollars for James graham but I would be willing to give him around the 500k mark.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Basically anyone defending inside of Adam Reynolds is going to have trouble defending at centre. AR has some of the worst defence in the competition for a half. I don't think Jennings defence is any better than fuimaono or hunt. I can recall numerous games this year where he has rushed a player unneccesarily. Whereas I have not seen fuimaono make significant defensive mistakes. I've seen him miss a few tackles but it's never resulted in a try. Plus fuimaono is a much better ball runner breaking tackles, offloading and making 100+ metres each game. He is the superior centre to Jennings and he's a second rower.

The worst part about this is that he brings almost nothing in attack. I thought he would be a machine when running the ball but he is no better than Goodwin as a ball runner which is kind of a worry.

If I was to rank our centres in order next year it would have to be like this.

1. GI
2. Gagai
3. Fuimaono
4. Hunt
5. Jennings

And that's only because Jennings is the last man standing. I'm sure graham could even be a better centre than him from what we have seen.

I'm not counting Jennings out yet but all I'm saying is that he has proven very little for such a big name. I know he had a very good game against the cowboys but I still don't think he's going to be anywhere near the first grade squad next year. Especially with Gagai coming in. Graham however will be.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Fuimaono has actually proven to be our best centre this year. I'm kind of curious to see the equation next year with Sutton being offered another contract. Maybe fui will be a permanent centre. If that is the case then we probably don't need Beale but another forward would be
nice.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Basically anyone defending inside of Adam Reynolds is going to have trouble defending at centre. AR has some of the worst defence in the competition for a half. I don't think Jennings defence is any better than fuimaono or hunt. I can recall numerous games this year where he has rushed a player unneccesarily. Whereas I have not seen fuimaono make significant defensive mistakes. I've seen him miss a few tackles but it's never resulted in a try. Plus fuimaono is a much better ball runner breaking tackles, offloading and making 100+ metres each game. He is the superior centre to Jennings and he's a second rower.

The worst part about this is that he brings almost nothing in attack. I thought he would be a machine when running the ball but he is no better than Goodwin as a ball runner which is kind of a worry.

If I was to rank our centres in order next year it would have to be like this.

1. GI
2. Gagai
3. Fuimaono
4. Hunt
5. Jennings

And that's only because Jennings is the last man standing. I'm sure graham could even be a better centre than him from what we have seen.

I'm not counting Jennings out yet but all I'm saying is that he has proven very little for such a big name. I know he had a very good game against the cowboys but I still don't think he's going to be anywhere near the first grade squad next year. Especially with Gagai coming in. Graham however will be.
Jennings went well against the Cows as they had a second rower I believe it was Cooper defending at centre most of the match...........

What do you mean Jennings is no better at running the gall back than Goodwin????... he's nowhere near Goodwin' level. Goodwin gets his hands dirty whilst Jennings doesn't have it in him... it's clear to see....

Your centre analysis is spot on by the way... rankings are correct...

Latest posts