What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I have said it before
We were offering 900 odd to maloney we must have had it to offer it we then pulled the offer hopeing to find different positions we have lost 3 backs and a prop that we know about.
But canterbury was 1 of the few who supported our reinstatement to the league it makes sense to help them in their hour of need and if u notice over the years we dont take their players without consultation...its like we are joined at the hip.
I agree with our stance if in fact this has occured

I'm starting to believe we withdrew our offer because we didn't have the money. I believe that the NRL didn't give an exact amount but rather an estimate to the clubs. That estimate must have been a lot higher than the real cap amount. My guess is that Souths realised this and withdrew before they had cap problems like some other clubs. NRL is run by a bunch of monkeys and I'm very happy to support the Bulldogs in their bid to take them down. Cap figure should of been released ages ago.

doyen

Bench
send hunt to newcastle and throw dwalkz 500k;)...Shadow...
yE8fMBeKpvI

We require a class centre as in this video--our centres are slugs by comparison.
Fui's a good player but hardly a class centre.
Hunt is basically an average 1st grader whose strength is defence.
As a centre Roberts is 100% & Hunt lucky to be 10%!! Fui lucky to be 50% in comparison.

Players like Roberts really highlights our severe lack of class in the outside backs!!

Last edited:

Itsamansgame

Juniors
For my 2 bob's worth I would be desperately trying to get hold of Rona.
1-Gagai
2-Johnston
3-Inglis
4-Rona
5-Graham
6-Walker
7-Reynolds

Rona hits the line hard with pace,has a natural ability of running a angled line and with his size is very difficult to handle.
In the old terms he's 6 ft 4 and weighs in at 16 stone,with Inglis hopefully back to strength and in the centre position this combination and Gagai running off their shoulders,finals footy awaits.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm starting to believe we withdrew our offer because we didn't have the money. I believe that the NRL didn't give an exact amount but rather an estimate to the clubs. That estimate must have been a lot higher than the real cap amount. My guess is that Souths realised this and withdrew before they had cap problems like some other clubs. NRL is run by a bunch of monkeys and I'm very happy to support the Bulldogs in their bid to take them down. Cap figure should of been released ages ago.
I'm just glad we are helping the Dogs so to speak as they helped us.....

Rabbits20

Immortal
yE8fMBeKpvI

We require a class centre as in this video--our centres are slugs by comparison.
Fui's a good player but hardly a class centre.
Hunt is basically an average 1st grader whose strength is defence.
As a centre Roberts is 100% & Hunt lucky to be 10%!! Fui lucky to be 50% in comparison.

Players like Roberts really highlights our severe lack of class in the outside backs!!
Great post mate.....

themacemaceman

Juniors
I have said it before
We were offering 900 odd to maloney we must have had it to offer it we then pulled the offer hopeing to find different positions we have lost 3 backs and a prop that we know about.
But canterbury was 1 of the few who supported our reinstatement to the league it makes sense to help them in their hour of need and if u notice over the years we dont take their players without consultation...its like we are joined at the hip.

Stuff the Bulldogs I say. If they mis-managed their cap that's their problem.
The only reason we should be "seen" as suppporting them should be if they have to shed players and we then have a good rapport with them to help take James Grahame of their hands.

dudley G

Juniors
I have said it before

It all goes back to the very early days, the ties with the Lahood family

Travitoh

First Grade
The salary cap figure isn't for 2018 alone, it's the base that the NRL will start with for the next few seasons.
While the market that remains this year is dry, a larger cap would allow us to aggressively look to recruit players for 2019 and beyond without as much competition from clubs like Canterbury who will still have a large portion of their cap accounted for. A number of clubs that we would consider competition for signings have already used a big chunk of their cap for the next couple of seasons.
By supporting a higher salary cap, i do believe that we are giving ourselves every opportunity to be successful when it comes to signing the players that we want over the next couple of seasons, which in theory should lead to greater success on the paddock.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
The salary cap figure isn't for 2018 alone, it's the base that the NRL will start with for the next few seasons.
While the market that remains this year is dry, a larger cap would allow us to aggressively look to recruit players for 2019 and beyond without as much competition from clubs like Canterbury who will still have a large portion of their cap accounted for. A number of clubs that we would consider competition for signings have already used a big chunk of their cap for the next couple of seasons.
By supporting a higher salary cap, i do believe that we are giving ourselves every opportunity to be successful when it comes to signing the players that we want over the next couple of seasons, which in theory should lead to greater success on the paddock.
I've always believed that overall the average Rabbitohs supporter is way ahead in logic and reason than our opposition.
Well defined fellow Bunny,go to the top of the class!

burgibigbash

Juniors
We pulled out of the race because the Warriors and Knights are offering ridiculous money that we weren't willing to match.

burgibigbash

Juniors
Hunt must lift.

He needs to stay on the field and he has to get his hands dirty and help bring the ball out of trouble rather than being back on his heels cruising along....

He needs to get that error out of his system that happens coming out of trouble too.....

I believe his defence is pretty sound but he needs to believe in himself more I reckon.
Hunt and Goodwin are very similar players. Both big strong blokes who run the ball back nice and hard , but both lack a passing game. Neither seem to know how to draw an opposition winger in and get their winger in space. Jennings has this quality by the bucketload. Jennings is only a pup and has had some injuries, but he will be the man to play centre next year. There is nothing wrong at all with his defence besides the odd miss that every centre in the game makes. He has a great passing game and when he gets the ball in some space he is very dangerous. The trouble with Sutton at 5/8 is that the centres very rarely see the ball and Codey Walker chiming in at fullback refuses to pass the ball, so the backs see very little quality ball. When Jennings was on the right he started to see some ball and formed a fairly solid combination with Burns. His defence was very solid before he got injured.

Johnston
Gaiguy
Jennings
GI
Graham

That would be my backline next year.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
We pulled out of the race because the Warriors and Knights are offering ridiculous money that we weren't willing to match.

They're all offering 1 mil. We supposedly offered 900k. We withdrew around the same time that there were rumours of several clubs being over the cap. Im definitely not getting my hopes up about expensive new recruits such as graham. We would have to accomodate the full 1 mil for the second year? I don't know how we could do that. If Sam moves to prop full time and those twins pull their heads out then we're fine in the prop department.

Souths need to be smart about their recruitment and retention and chase an outside back who can break the line and cause a threat outwide. Our outside backs lack the ability to finish. AR needs to get back to his best as well.

burgibigbash

Juniors
They're all offering 1 mil. We supposedly offered 900k. We withdrew around the same time that there were rumours of several clubs being over the cap. Im definitely not getting my hopes up about expensive new recruits such as graham. We would have to accomodate the full 1 mil for the second year? I don't know how we could do that. If Sam moves to prop full time and those twins pull their heads out then we're fine in the prop department.

Souths need to be smart about their recruitment and retention and chase an outside back who can break the line and cause a threat outwide. Our outside backs lack the ability to finish. AR needs to get back to his best as well.

I agree 100% about Reynolds. Piss the two hooker thing off as well and have another big body on the bench.
I think we are in good shape for next year. The loss of GI in the first 10 minutes of the season was a bad blow, but I really think the young blokes have performed admirably and will be better for the run.
I believe there are some very good times ahead.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hunt and Goodwin are very similar players. Both big strong blokes who run the ball back nice and hard , but both lack a passing game. Neither seem to know how to draw an opposition winger in and get their winger in space. Jennings has this quality by the bucketload. Jennings is only a pup and has had some injuries, but he will be the man to play centre next year. There is nothing wrong at all with his defence besides the odd miss that every centre in the game makes. He has a great passing game and when he gets the ball in some space he is very dangerous. The trouble with Sutton at 5/8 is that the centres very rarely see the ball and Codey Walker chiming in at fullback refuses to pass the ball, so the backs see very little quality ball. When Jennings was on the right he started to see some ball and formed a fairly solid combination with Burns. His defence was very solid before he got injured.

Johnston
Gaiguy
Jennings
GI
Graham

That would be my backline next year.
Hunt is not in the same class level as Bryson.

Bryson gets his hands dirty with his effective angled runs and that step he has just before the line. Bryson has a high workrate.

Hunt' workrate is in the lower rung levels compared to Goodwin imo.

Hunt struggles to make the metres Goodwin does...... FACT.....

Jennings against the Dogs this year lost us the game when he couldn't put Bryson away down the wing when we were up 9-8. Jennings also obstructs on defence by running wrong lines and we get penalised. His timing is all out.

The fact Jennings outplayed a Cowboys second rower at centre hasn't fooled me or pulled the wool over my eyes in general terms like it has some others!!!!!

Goodwin and Hunt are both better in defence by a long way compared to Jennings.

Jennings knocks on too much as well.....

I'm not a fan of his but I hope he proves me wrong. I honestly see more potential in Braidon.......

Travitoh

First Grade
Hunt is not in the same class level as Bryson.

Bryson gets his hands dirty with his effective angled runs and that step he has just before the line. Bryson has a high workrate.

Hunt' workrate is in the lower rung levels compared to Goodwin imo.

Hunt struggles to make the metres Goodwin does...... FACT.....

Jennings against the Dogs this year lost us the game when he couldn't put Bryson away down the wing when we were up 9-8. Jennings also obstructs on defence by running wrong lines and we get penalised. His timing is all out.

The fact Jennings outplayed a Cowboys second rower at centre hasn't fooled me or pulled the wool over my eyes in general terms like it has some others!!!!!

Goodwin and Hunt are both better in defence by a long way compared to Jennings.

Jennings knocks on too much as well.....

I'm not a fan of his but I hope he proves me wrong. I honestly see more potential in Braidon.......

Josh Mansour would be a nice upgrade...
More of a wish of mine than anything though but he would be an elite signing to get him back at the club.