What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Stallion

First Grade
Good to know they are embarrassed by their work detroying crowds but f*ck em for taking the easy option instead of teying to, ya know, fix it...

Im gla they were called ou on this, no matter how embarrassing it os for the game.

Now the NRL need to find a stratagy to fix this f*ckup and not relent until Fox/9 agree

Diesel

Referee
Good to know they are embarrassed by their work detroying crowds but f*ck em for taking the easy option instead of teying to, ya know, fix it...

Im gla they were called ou on this, no matter how embarrassing it os for the game.

Now the NRL need to find a stratagy to fix this f*ckup and not relent until Fox/9 agree
Greenberg is working with Fox to get a Tuesday night game to fix the problem

big hit!

Bench
i've listened to a few of the football programs this weekend and really nothing much has been said about the elephant in the room. either head in the sand, or just trying to protect the content they can call.

dan ginnane has literally become a tabloid bitch and is more concerned about bringing up the all blacks issues with aaron smith and jerome kaino....he talked about it on the weekenders and then the NRL show in the arvo. for a start how many non-kiwis or non union merkins even know who they are?

game is in trouble in sydney and the lack of good football 'game' talk is yet another issue with rugby league in comparison to the analysis you can get on most other sports.

Stallion

First Grade
Another factor not really appreciated or recognized in the past is that many Rugby league people would rather not bother aiming to attract new people to the game and would seek the easy alternative of heading west instead of doing intense development work and sticking to and developing inner city areas. A proactive administrator would note that Sydney's population(high density housing ) will be increasing significantly in years to come. This should in itself see progressive targeting to attract these new people but its evident that the current development people are not savvy enough to see the approaching oportunity to grow the game. Sydney is not dead for rugby league, its being neglected!

Emu01

Juniors
a quick look here shows Sydney is without doubt the problem with the code atm
& pretty much , only Sydney
my opinion on where these sides are with crowds based on how they're performing in 2017 etc etc
but I don't think they'll be much argument

Brisbane .. okish to a little disappointing
Melbourne ... good
Cowboys .... see Brisbane
Canberra ... good
Newcastle ... very good
Warriors .... disappointing but understandable
Titans ... see Brisbane

Roosters .... outside of Anzace day , mostly disappointing
Sharks ... one good crowd all year , otherwise quite disappointing
Manly .... disappointing
Souths ..... very disappointing
Parramatta .... very disappointing
Bulldogs .... very disappointing
Tigers .... disappointing
Penrith .... pass mark for panthers having only been in the 8 for 1 week
Dragons ... couple of good efforts in the gong , otherwise very disappointing

bring all sydney sides up to the level of the non sydney sides & we have solved all our problems

Correct the Sydney clubs need to lift their game. In the off season the Nrl should work with all the Sydney clubs and come up with a strategy to lift crowds..

Like lowering the cost of tickets,double headers to encourage a bit of excitement for fans,improve game day experience,more family friendly time slots.

I remember the $5 pie and drink deal a few years ago was great but it was only 1 game.

Let's hope the nrl care enough to even attempt to lift crowds. So far this season I see zero effort from the clowns at nrl headquarters..

Another factor not really appreciated or recognized in the past is that many Rugby league people would rather not bother aiming to attract new people to the game and would seek the easy alternative of heading west instead of doing intense development work and sticking to and developing inner city areas. A proactive administrator would note that Sydney's population(high density housing ) will be increasing significantly in years to come. This should in itself see progressive targeting to attract these new people but its evident that the current development people are not savvy enough to see the approaching oportunity to grow the game. Sydney is not dead for rugby league, its being neglected!
Yeah poor old Sydney. Having nine clubs, 100 years of develpment, literally tens of millions of dollars pumped into them every year and probably more development officers and staff than any other market in the country is a terrible case of neglect. Give them more clubs and more money before it's too late!

colly

Juniors
Greenberg is working with Fox to get a Tuesday night game to fix the problem
That would be a step in the right direction as this (Tuesday) allows for a 5 day turnaround if they play Tuesday then Sunday. Spread it around, every team does two Tuesday Sunday turn around that makes 16 rounds their. I would much prefer this time slot than Friday 6pm. Good viewing time Tuesday night.

BuffaloRules

Coach
That would be a step in the right direction as this (Tuesday) allows for a 5 day turnaround if they play Tuesday then Sunday. Spread it around, every team does two Tuesday Sunday turn around that makes 16 rounds their. I would much prefer this time slot than Friday 6pm. Good viewing time Tuesday night.

Maybe they could do a Tues 6pm and 8pm double header?

Souths v Titans and Dogs v Warriors at ANZ...

If it gets bad crowds then blame the Sydney fans..

Stallion

First Grade
Yeah poor old Sydney. Having nine clubs, 100 years of develpment, literally tens of millions of dollars pumped into them every year and probably more development officers and staff than any other market in the country is a terrible case of neglect. Give them more clubs and more money before it's too late!

If you think that the Sydney clubs have been doing their best in development u are way off the mark! Just recently a noted Roosters player was describing that other codes (Afl etc) have several development officers and resources and the Roosters would have one development officer. Go figure.
Another thing is that codes like union and Afl are being played in many private schools and rugby league isnt allowed. . Thats basically a scholastic institution providing development for other codes and leaving RL on the outer.
I suspect you are a plant to put genuine RL people off the right track!?

If you think that the Sydney clubs have been doing their best in development u are way off the mark! Just recently a noted Roosters player was describing that other codes (Afl etc) have several development officers and resources and the Roosters would have one development officer. Go figure.
Another thing is that codes like union and Afl are being played in many private schools and rugby league isnt allowed. . Thats basically a scholastic institution providing development for other codes and leaving RL on the outer.
I suspect you are a plant to put genuine RL people off the right track!?
Jesus. You've clocked me. I've been on here for 14 years just waiting for Sydney crowds to go to shit so I can point out the bleeding obvious to dopey Sydney merkins in denial, but now I've been sprung.

FMD.

There are some clueless Sydney tards on this thread but the bar has been raised.

Stallion

First Grade
Jesus. You've clocked me. I've been on here for 14 years just waiting for Sydney crowds to go to shit so I can point out the bleeding obvious to dopey Sydney merkins in denial, but now I've been sprung.

FMD.

There are some clueless Sydney tards on this thread but the bar has been raised.

Id say your time coincides with the gradual demise of rugby league in Sydney . U can "FMD"as much as u like. Im from regional NSW. And u are an example of the poor logic that is undermining this underrated and great code of football.

BuffaloRules

Coach

FMD.

Jesus Christ... It's only been 14 years?

Id say your time coincides with the gradual demise of rugby league in Sydney . U can "FMD"as much as u like. Im from regional NSW. And u are an example of the poor logic that is undermining this underrated and great code of football.
And you're not an example of any kind of logic. Another one who thinks someone's opinion on the interweb has an impact in the real world. If you think Sydney is being neglected and it's suffering a "gradual demise" aren't you undermining the sport? Criticising NRL clubs for not matching VFL clubs in development, isn't that undermining the sport? It's hard to decipher just what the f**k you're on about. But surely if Sydney is being neglected with nine clubs, three or four NRL games every week, origin games, grand finals, tests, development officers all over the place, hundreds of millions of dollars and virtually all the media and administration there then what's going on in the rest of the country?

I think the fact even the most ardent of supporters in the international forum, who normally rally behind the code at any opportunity, reject your loopy shit about other codes says a lot. These are "genuine" RL people and they ain't on your "track".

Stallion

First Grade
7,522 at Toronto. Who'd have thought one day we would see a third division Canadian club getting better crowds than Sydney?

Yes. The development and marketing people have alot to answer for and improve on! The Wolfpack is a breath of fresh air for the game and proves it can be attractive to other demographics. Its the defeatist or lazy approach of local rugby league administrators that have allowed this drop in interest of this terrific football code.

Stallion

First Grade
And you're not an example of any kind of logic. Another one who thinks someone's opinion on the interweb has an impact in the real world. If you think Sydney is being neglected and it's suffering a "gradual demise" aren't you undermining the sport? Criticising NRL clubs for not matching VFL clubs in development, isn't that undermining the sport? It's hard to decipher just what the f**k you're on about. But surely if Sydney is being neglected with nine clubs, three or four NRL games every week, origin games, grand finals, tests, development officers all over the place, hundreds of millions of dollars and virtually all the media and administration there then what's going on in the rest of the country?

I think the fact even the most ardent of supporters in the international forum, who normally rally behind the code at any opportunity, reject your loopy shit about other codes says a lot. These are "genuine" RL people and they ain't on your "track".

You keep reinforcing your inadequate and poor regard for the game of rugby league. Logic is a generalized term and u dont know/understand that? U are wasting the time of proactive people whom are able to identify and hopefully provide positive discourse to have the game go forward from this mess it is in. (Spose u r happy about that!)Please stop your spoiling comments eminating from your mistake ridden mind and dont waste decent fans time!