What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones II

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Pretty sure Jon was kept hidden from anyone except Tyrion in that Winterfell visit - this was a large part of the creation of emo-Jon and his taking the black . He had to sit away from the main table and the highborn.
He wasnt hidden, he was just not allowed to sit at the main table

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I liked that episode it had a lot of fun action. An interesting change from the books was when Dondarrion said that Jon didn't look like Ned. A whole part of Cats psychosis with Jon was the fact he looked more like Ned than her own children did (besides Arya) because Robb, Sansa, Bran and Rickon had a tully look to them. That is why Littlefinger the big creepy weirdo is so in love with Sansa

Also in that final scene how stupid was Jon. Just get the f**k out of there mate. You are way too dumb to be king. The guy is the luckiest son of a bitch ever seen. He constantly gets saved by people just at the last minute

Shorty

Staff member
I think it's her lack of restraint which is the concern, coupled with her fanatical demands for the throne despite having never set foot in Westeros.
What fanatical demands are these?

She's acting tough because that's what she has to do, shes posturing.
It's become trendy to think Dany is nuts but it has absolutely no solid ground.
If she wasn't a Targ it wouldn't even be discussed.

I mean what is she supposed to do with the Tarlys say bend the knee or burn and then not actually follow through?
Did Jon get this criticism when he hung a 10 year old kid? I doubt it.
This wasn't necessarily directed at you Timbo just the ridiculous argument.

Parra

Referee

I mean what is she supposed to do with the Tarlys say bend the knee or burn and then not actually follow through?

"Bend the knee or I'll cook you alive" is a useless form of recruitment. Who could trust anyone who declared loyalty under this circumstance.

As for form - she has been declaring that she would "take what is hers - with blood and fire" ever since she enjoyed watching her brother melt. This despite the fact that none of what she wants is hers by any right other than some ancestor burned people to get it.

I'd follow Timett's example of burning to impress over Dany's any day.

Apey

Staff member
Also in that final scene how stupid was Jon. Just get the f**k out of there mate. You are way too dumb to be king. The guy is the luckiest son of a bitch ever seen. He constantly gets saved by people just at the last minute

image.jpg

Pete Cash

Post Whore
"Bend the knee or I'll cook you alive" is a useless form of recruitment. Who could trust anyone who declared loyalty under this circumstance.

As for form - she has been declaring that she would "take what is hers - with blood and fire" ever since she enjoyed watching her brother melt. This despite the fact that none of what she wants is hers by any right other than some ancestor burned people to get it.

I'd follow Timett's example of burning to impress over Dany's any day.

My issue with Danys actions is a case of I guess dramatic irony. She is doing all this horrible shit apparently as a person the audience is supposed to be cheering for BUT the audience also knows her motives for doing it are a farce. She is not the head of house Targeryan. What she is claiming is not hers. Its Jons if its anyones at all.

So when she burns the Tarlys her actions were not all that justified to the audience. Yes old man Tarly is a jerk and yes he did betray the Tyrells but one could argue he was simply being loyal to the crown but what did poor old Dickon do in the audience eye to deserve being burnt to death.

She says she wants to break the wheel but she is just another wheel whose power is illegitimate and is held together by a couple of weapons of mass destruction

Also has she been successful at anything really. Her exploits in the east are a disaster if we are being realistic. She has struggled to hold anything.

Pete Cash

Post Whore

Jon executed a person who stabbed him to death, dany burnt some poor idiot who was trying to stand up for his father.

Jon is a pretty bad ruler too if we are honest but he hasn't acted as crazy as Dany. He was justified in killing olly who again STABBED JON TO DEATH for the crime of trying to save all of westeros from the ice monsters.

Maybe the nightking is the moral person to support.

Parra

Referee
I'm sticking with the common folk.

That is where Jon Snow has something to offer - he has no sense of owning or having the rights to anything at all. So duty takes precedence. Davos lives it.

Jon executed a person who stabbed him to death, dany burnt some poor idiot who was trying to stand up for his father.

Jon is a pretty bad ruler too if we are honest but he hasn't acted as crazy as Dany. He was justified in killing olly who again STABBED JON TO DEATH for the crime of trying to save all of westeros from the ice monsters.

Maybe the nightking is the moral person to support.
You're forgetting Janos Slynt

Zachary Smith

Juniors
That was the best episode of the series, as it should be I guess. The scene where they all meet and quickly in my mind go through 7 seasons of who hates who and why, lol

Apey

Staff member
Can't wait to read the salt from all the people who were trying to lip-read Jon's real name last season.