What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones II

Timbo

Staff member
Yeah I've got no problem with how Addy played him, acting wise he was great. But they needed to be more tricksy with the filming to make him look like a huge bastard. And they should've dyed his hair black, given that that was a major plot device in the first book.

Yeah that's how I read it. Rhaegar was the romantic type, he may have even been abdicating the crown.

Yeah they got shafted. One question- who was actually the next in line for the crown after Rhaegar, was it still his first son to Elia up until the Mountain dashed his brains out? Rhaegars intention may have been to abdicate the crown entirely and pass the succession on to his firstborn (which would've kept the Dornish happy enough), but then Robert got all butthurt about Lyanna ditching him and the Mad King got all burny with the Starks and the shit hit the fan.

Well, given that an annulment makes it so the marriage effectively never existed, wouldn't that then make his children to Elia bastards?

Again, he was kind of an asshole.

Timbo

Staff member
The return of Gendry was a bit of an anticlimax.

We need him because he can... run?

Ok then.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I don't get what people were expecting for the casting though?
He looks like a Targaryan and there time as warriors was supposed to be over at this point. Much like their dragons they had become weak and that's what led to their downfall.

I don't really care but that's not true. The show won't go into details because why would it but rhaegar was this nerdlinger in his early teens who read a book about prophecy and assumed he was the prince that was promised so he hit the gym in kings landing and went from dud to stud and became at least good knight.

He won the tournament at harrenhal. That is where he fell in love with lyanna. By that stage he realised that he wasn't the prince that was promised but his children would be. He must have thought his son was a bit shit and he decided he needed to make another kid with this badass chick.

Danish

Referee
Hahah f**k spot on
Tormund will have time to get back to winterfell, spend a few weeks battling Jamie for Brienne's love, win the battle, marry her, and have her deliver two hideous looking children before the dead army get to winterfell is the storyline dictates that it must

I suppose up to this point we at least had the excuse that the wall's magic wouldn't let them through, so perhaps they just roamed around the north gathering bodies. But now that the war is down you'd have to think they'll pick up the pace. They have a goddamned dragon FFS

Pete Cash

Post Whore
For the record I understand why they cast the guy to look like Harry Lloyd. Especially as his martial prowess isn't important to the plot of the TV show. It was so the audience could visually connect the fact that dany is the sister of Jon's father.

I just noted I imagined him to be physically more imposing. It's not a big deal just a note.

The only time the show has annoyed me on visuals was when they cast stannis daughter with blonde hair. When there was a whole plot the season before about how she should have dark hair. Just pop a wig on her guys.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I don't really care if the show doesn't pay too much attention to looks in general. Jon should look stark like (the recessive targ genes saved his life) but it's not a huge deal he has really dark hair.

Shireen having blonde hair is just silly because baratheon hair colour was a central plot element.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
oh I thought that was a general rule in the ASOIAF universe, cheers

Nah it was specific to Baratheons (or at least to Robert). The Stark children on the other hand mostly take after their mothers, only Arya takes after Ned (Jon looks like a Stark too because he takes after Lyana). The Targs all have distinctive blonde hair because they're inbred, as are the Lannister kids.

a1KPPRR_460s.jpg
a1KPPRR

Game_Breaker

Coach
If Bran thought Jon was Rhaegars bastard, then why would his surname be Sand?

Wouldn't it be whatever Targaryans call their bastards? Being born in Dorne doesn't make him a Sand does it?

Game_Breaker

Coach
Was he meant to be a great warrior or a great jouster?
That gay bloke who's name I forget (Margeries brother) was a great jouster but I wouldn't have him down as being a great warrior.

He did wound Robert enough at the Trident that he sat out the rest of the war

And Robert was a big mother f**ker at his peak. Probably only the Mountain and the Hound were bigger than him