What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones II

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Best episode of the series for mine, so many great pay offs and reunions.

Cersi vs Tyrion
Cersi vs Jamie
Hound vs Mountain
Brienne and Jamie

Let alone Tyrion, Pod and Bronn.

Little finger begging for his life like the snivelling little bitch he is was lol.

That Dragon looked turbo charged, flew quicker and seemed to be able to blast with impunity.

Now we know why the Knight King was happy to wait all that time while the magnificent 7 was stuck on that rock, he wanted Dany to come with her Dragons and he knew it was the only way to bring down the wall.

BennyV

Referee
Plus I dunno his hair didnt do it for me either!

But still Rhaegar is documented as being dreamy and pretty.
That dude was....ok, it sort of looked like a rushed casting.
Plus Lyanna is gorgeous, so they nailed that casting.
They nailed the casting of Lyanna - not only is she a babe, but she's a spitting image of Arya, who is meant to have more 'Stark' about her than the other children...
ecf4f10095bded37b616cfe6eb03c6a5fe061d76_hq.jpg

Timbo

Staff member
Is it just me or were Rhaegar and Lyanna kind of assholes?

They decide to annul his marriage, get married themselves and rather than just point blank tell the world that's what they've done and go and live on the Summer Isles or something, they allow a literal world war to happen on the belief that he kidnapped and raped her?

What the f**k was their endgame???

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

They decide to annul his marriage, get married themselves and rather than just point blank tell the world that's what they've done and go and live on the Summer Isles or something, they allow a literal world war to happen on the belief that he kidnapped and raped her?

It wasn't a literal world war, it only encompassed part of central westeros. And they might have sparked it with their ill-advised eloping but it was his dad who really made the shit hit the fan when he decided to burn the Starks alive over it. If the mad king hadn't been so mad it likely wouldn't have escalated.

Vic Mackey

Referee
They nailed the casting of Lyanna - not only is she a babe, but she's a spitting image of Arya, who is meant to have more 'Stark' about her than the other children...
ecf4f10095bded37b616cfe6eb03c6a5fe061d76_hq.jpg

Have you seen her in 'The Fall' ?

Full slutty school girl, awesome

Shorty

Staff member
I won't here a bad f**king word about Mark Addy's casting as King Robert.
My favourite character in the whole series.

Lol yeah Addy definitely acted like a Robert to me, you can film out height and stature to an extent.

I guess both of them were pretty carefree (aka irresponsible) and wanted to 'run away'.

Even though the Lannisters f**ked the Starks over royally, it's the Dornish that really got shafted in all angles from the whole thing.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Lol yeah Addy definitely acted like a Robert to me, you can film out height and stature to an extent.

Yeah I've got no problem with how Addy played him, acting wise he was great. But they needed to be more tricksy with the filming to make him look like a huge bastard. And they should've dyed his hair black, given that that was a major plot device in the first book.

I guess both of them were pretty carefree (aka irresponsible) and wanted to 'run away'.

Yeah that's how I read it. Rhaegar was the romantic type, he may have even been abdicating the crown.

Even though the Lannisters f**ked the Starks over royally, it's the Dornish that really got shafted in all angles from the whole thing.

Yeah they got shafted. One question- who was actually the next in line for the crown after Rhaegar, was it still his first son to Elia up until the Mountain dashed his brains out? Rhaegars intention may have been to abdicate the crown entirely and pass the succession on to his firstborn (which would've kept the Dornish happy enough), but then Robert got all butthurt about Lyanna ditching him and the Mad King got all burny with the Starks and the shit hit the fan.

Timbo

Staff member
It wasn't a literal world war, it only encompassed part of central westeros. And they might have sparked it with their ill-advised eloping but it was his dad who really made the shit hit the fan when he decided to burn the Starks alive over it. If the mad king hadn't been so mad it likely wouldn't have escalated.

Right. But, ok - at some point, the following conversation must have happened:

R - 'we should probably tell someone what we did. Your dad and brother are on the way to Kings Landing to confront my dad because they think I kidnapped and raped you. He can be a touch unstable'

L - 'nah it's cool'.