What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberran Salary Cap Issues - Joey Leilua

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Haven't seen this reported anywhere? Got a source?

Also if players are being forced out of Canberra i'd be targeting their two wingers or one of their big boys up front.
BJ is a good player but he's an absolute loose cannon. We need discipline, not hot heads.

Rob Dragon

Juniors
I would sign him in a heartbeat. He is a huge improvement on Lafai and Aiken. Canberra would have to pay some of his salary you would imagine? He gets to return home to his junior club and he gets to play with his brother (this may actually get his younger brother to get off his ass and start to realise some of his potential).

I would sign him in a heartbeat. He is a huge improvement on Lafai and Aiken. Canberra would have to pay some of his salary you would imagine? He gets to return home to his junior club and he gets to play with his brother (this may actually get his younger brother to get off his ass and start to realise some of his potential).

He would also get to play under Mary.

Straight Shooter

Changa

Juniors
Quality centre pairing with Lafai, if this comes through somehow. Still lacking speed though...

Belta

Juniors
I think there is a very good chance you'll see Lafai and Leilua as the centres for Samoa. and with a very good forward pack, also Johnston as the half and good wingers Mamaulo and Ricky leuteli there should be plenty of opportunities to see how they combine - as mentioned an interesting twist

Old Timer

Coach
Yet again the drums are beating amongst the forum to bring another loose cannon, bad boy, journeyman in at the expense of our juniors.
The thought of this bloke getting a run at first grade before we give our juniors a crack is sickening.
This bloke is yet another player to never hit the heights on a week week out basis and somehow people think that will improve if he comes to us.
Laughable.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Leilua was one of the form centres of the comp in 2016. His form dipped last year. On his 2016 form, I would gladly take Joey, but on his 2017 form, I would not be so sure.

mobels

Juniors
He wouldn't work well under McGregor and he's been proven to only really work in a winning team. Bennett, Stuart, Smith and the likes have tried to have him consistently fire but his constant brain snaps are to much of a coach killer.

Belta

Juniors
Rob Dragon said; "Would sign him in a heart beat. He is a huge improvement on Lafai and Aitken. Canberra would have to pay some of his salary you would imagine? He gets to return home to his junior club and gets to play with his younger brother (this may get his younger brother to get off his ass and start to realise some of his potential)

I don't agree with your first two points, I feel Aitken will go well this year. What I like about this rumour and what would make the situation worthwhile would be if (like the Graham signing) Canberra payed part of his salary, I also like your last point, in that he is a junior and joining his brother. I think sometimes this can bring out the best in both. I had a similar feeling with Sims when his brother was on the market before going to the Broncs. I also think Aitken and Lafai's form fluctuated due to various injuries so I believe our depth in the centres is thin, yeah we have juniors who are very young, but could possibly do the job.

Again it does restrict juniors like Lomax that's why unless we get a good deal I'm not to phased either way