What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WE HAVE NO SPEED

Overseas dragon

Juniors
We have speed within our Club. Our young guns have speed and so the sooner they are selected in first grade the better. I'm tipping Lomax to get a run at right centre in the early part of 2018.

I've always wanted Dufty to succeed at fullback but surely the best combination should be selected each week. If for some reason Dufty does not scrub up, yes I would like to see Widdop to fullback and Field to five-eighth This would allow Mann to be selected at left wing, Loxmax to replace Aitken at right centre and one of our quick young outside backs to replace Nightingale on the right wing. A team line up of:
1. Widdop
2. Mann
3. Lomax
4. Lafai
5. Nightingale or a Young Gun
6. Field
7. Hunt
8. Vaughan
9. McInnes
10. Graham
11. Sims - I still believe Thomson will go and Wamsley will be recruited
12. Frizell
13. De Belin

14. Ah Mau
15. Wamsley
16. Host
17. Leilua

Very strong forward pack and speed in the backs with addition of Mann, Lomax, young right winger, Field and Hunt. For mine with the right coach this would be a top 4 side.
Not bad POSSUM but surely DUFTY to replace NIGHTINGALE makes more sense your opinion is as good as anyones.

Saintsified

Bench
Example
Nightingale 108 tries in 10 NRL years.

V

Mat Rogers 107 tries in 11 NRL years and had easy more pace than Flo, pace isn't everything.

Flo has something more important HEART.

Old Timer

Coach
Example
Nightingale 108 tries in 10 NRL years.

V

Mat Rogers 107 tries in 11 NRL years and had easy more pace than Flo, pace isn't everything.

Flo has something more important HEART.
Good that you raise this
Rodgers had 6 years out when at the height of his career and was far less effective when he came back in his senior years

Saintsified

Bench
Yes he did..... trouble is ,he did no when it was over.Now he's making a fool of himself..
Disagree, he had a great year in a shit year, can't for the life of me see how the below stats made a fool of himself. How is below an indication to him he should know its over, it aint over he will do it all again in 2018. Mr consistent.

Nightingale was one of 5 players to have played all 24 games for the St. George Illawarra Dragons in 2017 and for the third season, was the club's top tryscorer (with 16). Overall, Nightingale finished equal sixth for tires scored in the 2017 NRL season. In Round 16 vs Newcastle Knights, Nightingale scored his 100th try in a winning effort of 32-28 in a second-half comeback.

BBTB

Juniors
Disagree, he had a great year in a shit year, can't for the life of me see how the below stats made a fool of himself. How is below an indication to him he should know its over, it aint over he will do it all again in 2018. Mr consistent.

Nightingale was one of 5 players to have played all 24 games for the St. George Illawarra Dragons in 2017 and for the third season, was the club's top tryscorer (with 16). Overall, Nightingale finished equal sixth for tires scored in the 2017 NRL season. In Round 16 vs Newcastle Knights, Nightingale scored his 100th try in a winning effort of 32-28 in a second-half comeback.
He's knows he's the slowest winger in NRL.Thats why when he renegotiate...he said,Just pay me whatever. Hey ,he's hanging on by his fingernails & he's scared if he misses a game he's not getting his spot back.
Wake up and smell the roses he's a dead man walking....
If your such a good old boy Nightingale stand aside & let a young bloke have a go...

Saintsified

Bench
He's knows he's the slowest winger in NRL.Thats why when he renegotiate...he said,Just pay me whatever. Hey ,he's hanging on by his fingernails & he's scared if he misses a game he's not getting his spot back.
Wake up and smell the roses he's a dead man walking....
If your such a good old boy Nightingale stand aside & let a young bloke have a go...
Disagree, he is still an international winger and top scorer for our club, oh by the way he is only 31 not 41.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

it's pretty funny, isn't it... people on here are always whinging and complaining that we can't get quality players, can't keep good players etc etc..

and yet if we were talking about attracting from another club an incumbent test winger, who was the team's leading try scorer (and to finish top 6 tryscorers out of 400 top grade players in the NRL isn't too bad either..) who can also play fullback, we'd be creaming ourselves at the thought of getting him..

TBH i believe that BBTB is just trolling, so i wouldn't get too riled up about him..

either that or he's actually a junior winger for the dragons who can't get a spot based on merit...

Old Timer

Coach
And Flo sat around waiting for Wendell to retire or could've had 200 tries.
That would have been the front end of his career so OK but this is all about now in a vastly different style of game.
Time to put your faithful teddy in the display cabinet with your titty bottle, dummies and 1st pair of shoes and go out and buy a Ferrari you will feel better in the long run.

BBTB

Juniors
it's pretty funny, isn't it... people on here are always whinging and complaining that we can't get quality players, can't keep good players etc etc..

and yet if we were talking about attracting from another club an incumbent test winger, who was the team's leading try scorer (and to finish top 6 tryscorers out of 400 top grade players in the NRL isn't too bad either..) who can also play fullback, we'd be creaming ourselves at the thought of getting him..

TBH i believe that BBTB is just trolling, so i wouldn't get too riled up about him..

either that or he's actually a junior winger for the dragons who can't get a spot based on merit...
If u can't see Nightingale is washed up you need a quick chat to Specsavers..

Old Timer

Coach
In respect of the argument Nighty is an international so he still deserves to get picked
He is currently a reserve outside the top 17 for a team that totally underperformed at the world cup and would most likely struggle to beat any of our top 6 club teams.
No doubt Nighty has had a stellar career at club and international level for the Kiwi's but if he was born in Australia he most likely would not have played 1 test.
Don't forget Mc Donald, Lafai, LAM and prior to injury Aitken are all internationals as well so are they all long term keepers as well?

BBTB

Juniors
In respect of the argument Nighty is an international so he still deserves to get picked
He is currently a reserve outside the top 17 for a team that totally underperformed at the world cup and would most likely struggle to beat any of our top 6 club teams.
No doubt Nighty has had a stellar career at club and international level for the Kiwi's but if he was born in Australia he most likely would not have played 1 test.
Don't forget Mc Donald, Lafai, LAM and prior to injury Aitken are all internationals as well so are they all long term keepers as well?
Don't agree,
Because Nightingale get picked for most possibly the worst NZ team ever picked.On an extended bench I might add..That O.T.. Doesn't qualify him for our team..
By hanging round, He's just stopping our young guns progressing..