What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Break out star for 2018?

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think it depends whether Cody or Adam are injured.

If Cody's injured then it's Doueihi, if Adam's injured I think Tracey will come in.
I don't think it matters either way..... If Adam goes down Doueihi would play 5/8 and Cody half like he has done before.....

I'm very confident on that too.....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I don't think it matters either way..... If Adam goes down Doueihi would play 5/8 and Cody half like he has done before.....

I'm very confident on that too.....

I don't think that's right R20. Whilst Doueihi is our best young star it makes much more sense to promote Tracey if AR goes down. Cody is a natural running 5/8th and I think to put him in the role of organising halfback is a waste of his ability. I genuinely believe Cody could play his best footy next to a player like Tracey and AR rather than Doueihi. However I think we will see a bit of Doueihi in the centres at some stage this year.

I'm seriously gunning for Tracey to put pressure on Reynolds. Reynolds has had no competition for his spot for a long time.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Doueihi is obviously next in line and he's a star in the making.....

Tracey will have to stay fit at Norths......
Obviously based on what mate?

That might be your perception, but I haven't seen anything from the club to suggest that.

I also remember how highly we rated Tracey when we signed him and how the staff is singing his praises for his start to the pre-season.

I'm not saying he'll definitely be next in line, they're both good, I just don't see where you're drawing your conclusion from.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Obviously based on what mate?

That might be your perception, but I haven't seen anything from the club to suggest that.

I also remember how highly we rated Tracey when we signed him and how the staff is singing his praises for his start to the pre-season.

I'm not saying he'll definitely be next in line, they're both good, I just don't see where you're drawing your conclusion from.

I think what R20 is trying to say is that Doueihi has been on fire recently playing rep footy and even representing Lebanon whilst Tracey has been injured for a fair while now. However I think he may be forgetting how good Tracey was before he got injured. I cant wait to unleash him.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
I think what R20 is trying to say is that Doueihi has been on fire recently playing rep footy and even representing Lebanon whilst Tracey has been injured for a fair while now. However I think he may be forgetting how good Tracey was before he got injured. I cant wait to unleash him.
My issue isn't with him thinking Doueihi is next in line. It's the insecure way he's trying to shut down the suggestion by using words like "clearly" and "obviously" when he's basing it off nothing but his opinion and isn't able to form a logical argument to back it up.

Coming across very childish.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
My issue isn't with him thinking Doueihi is next in line. It's the insecure way he's trying to shut down the suggestion by using words like "clearly" and "obviously" when he's basing it off nothing but his opinion and isn't able to form a logical argument to back it up.

Okay fair enough. I think I get where you're coming from. I'm keen to see both of them play. I've heard Doueihi has some defensive issues from those who have watched him play. Hopefully they're not too bad.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Playing at centre for Lebanon he was caught out of position a few times, but nothing drastic.

Very talented young man. I remember seeing him at a Rugby Union carnival a few years back and his game management skills/ability to direct traffic were just breathtaking for a kid his age.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Playing at centre for Lebanon he was caught out of position a few times, but nothing drastic.

Very talented young man. I remember seeing him at a Rugby Union carnival a few years back and his game management skills/ability to direct traffic were just breathtaking for a kid his age.

Now that is good to hear. I'm hoping we have the next Michael Morgan on our hands. Does he have much of a kicking game?

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well we will see in the new year who was/is right....

I was right about Goodwin all along on here...... year after year.....

If I'm wrong I'll put my hand up.....

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Well we will see in the new year who was/is right....

If I'm wrong I'll put my hand up.....
I won't care if you are mate, I genuinely rate both players.

You just look like a dickhead trying to shut people down based on nothing but your own opinion.

Travitoh

First Grade

Have you forgotten about "Grandpa Reddy and Goodwin and dumb Grant"? You were in Goodwin's corner in February this year and rightly so but it was only two and a half years ago that it was posted.
The passion you display towards the club is excellent but don't let it turn good footy chat/debate into an arguement.
We're all discussing the club we love and all share different thoughts. It's what makes the discussion interesting.

For what it's worth, i would currently think Tracey covers 7 and Douehi 6. Anything can happen and footy changes all the time but that is how I'd see it at the moment.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
If he disagrees, state his case like an adult. Form a logical argument. Neither of us are involved in running the club, so neither opinion on it's own is more valid than the other.

Resorting to silly, baseless crap like, "clearly" "obviously" and "we'll see" just because you don't like a suggestion is just childish.

If we all tried to shut down opinions we don't like using those methods, there'd be no point discussing anything.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think people get carried away pretty easily on here. I know definitely I did a few weeks ago for basically nothing. I mean it wouldn't really be a forum if there weren't disagreements. It'd be more of a cult.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
You can disagree with things like an adult though. Nothing wrong with arguing your point.

But trying to shut down any ideas you don't agree with when you can't argue their point is just insecure and childish.