What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BxTom

Bench
He wanted to and the NRL said no. At least for the Brisbane game.

How do you know he wanted to? He lied to the fans, he lied to his team mates and and he lied to management. He chose to party instead of putting in the effort to get back of the field (through rehab) and I for one, whilst recognising he has some talent, do not want an undisciplined egotistical person like this letting the fans, team and management down. Good luck to Cronulla - I think that, unless he really wakes up to himself, they're really going to need it!

Tom.

OldPanther

Coach
How do you know he wanted to? He lied to the fans, he lied to his team mates and and he lied to management. He chose to party instead of putting in the effort to get back of the field (through rehab) and I for one, whilst recognising he has some talent, do not want an undisciplined egotistical person like this letting the fans, team and management down. Good luck to Cronulla - I think that, unless he really wakes up to himself, they're really going to need it!

Tom.

As far as I read he put in an official request to play which the NRL denied. I agree that type of personality can be toxic to a team. Hopefully we are better in 2018 without distractions.

Edit: Maybe not the NRL but the club. I remember reading something but can't find it right now.

Last edited:

Black Magik

Juniors
As far as I read he put in an official request to play which the NRL denied. I agree that type of personality can be toxic to a team. Hopefully we are better in 2018 without distractions.

Edit: Maybe not the NRL but the club. I remember reading something but can't find it right now.
Probably the club and maybe to save his ass from a 3 year ban...maybe.

I think a lot of opinion is that if he put in like Josh and Dylan he would have been on the field sooner rather than have a "break".

BxTom

Bench

Fair enough, but I think we did well to be rid of him. Talented he may be, but I think the team will be better without him. Maybe he and Hayne could end up as team mates. Seems a match made in heaven.

Tom.

Exsilium

First Grade
Moylan made a choice not to do what he is professionally and contractually required to do.

Rehab would form one of the many requirements of an elite footballer. Not drinking when you’re paid to rehab seems pretty standard and reasonable.

His employer saw this as an issue and let him go.

Talented as he may be we’ve built a team and a culture around putting in, working hard on and off the field and doing what needs to be done to make this club successful. Letting him go reinforced that.

We as a club deserved better. Many criticise Gus & Griffin for making decisions that aren’t in the clubs best interest of our club but this single decision showed their commitment to maintaining a standard. Captain, star player, marquee signing or not. No one is bigger than the Panthers.

Exsilium

First Grade

I recall that he put in a request to play and Griffin denied it.

That’s when the media came out with the stories about Matt being dropped and the fall out with him and G-Dawg (Griffin).

I believe the article was written by an SMH journo.

People who make up statistics are the worst

Did a count Ive meet 12-14 NRL players. 10 while doing coke. Drugs are fun and people do them

OldPanther

Coach
Moylan made a choice not to do what he is professionally and contractually required to do.

Rehab would form one of the many requirements of an elite footballer. Not drinking when you’re paid to rehab seems pretty standard and reasonable.

His employer saw this as an issue and let him go.

Talented as he may be we’ve built a team and a culture around putting in, working hard on and off the field and doing what needs to be done to make this club successful. Letting him go reinforced that.

We as a club deserved better. Many criticise Gus & Griffin for making decisions that aren’t in the clubs best interest of our club but this single decision showed their commitment to maintaining a standard. Captain, star player, marquee signing or not. No one is bigger than the Panthers.

As time passes I'm getting over it. Can't help but wonder how much Moylan/Cartwright/Merrin off field stuff disrupted our year. At least Carty and Merrin have an excuse though. If Moylan was just being lazy (no idea if true) than it's worked out.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
I've been numb to players leaving since Gordon left to be honest.

However I'm more happy with the decision as every day passes. If every player gives a 100% because they want this club to be successful then I'm happy. If one of them wants to miss two and a half matches because of a tight hammy and get his manager to derail our year the night before our last regular season game, then they can f*ck off.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
And what OldPanther has said before is absolutely right. Maloney will be on more money yet players are re-signing with us in large numbers. Funny, why weren't they doing this before?

OldPanther

Coach
And what OldPanther has said before is absolutely right. Maloney will be on more money yet players are re-signing with us in large numbers. Funny, why weren't they doing this before?

Yep. I could be way off but Moylan goes and we start re-signing players. We've seen players who don't fit in throughout league history and make things awkward for clubs.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Whare - re-signed in April 2017
DWZ - re-signed in April 2017
Kikau - re-signed in April 2017
CHN - re-signed in June 2017
Katoa - re-signed in June 2017

Lets not pretend that Moylan leaving was suddenly the reason why everyone wants to re-sign now. Seriously, do people just ignore stuff that doesn't fit their narrative? I mean, Hiku left in May, so CHN and Katoa must of hated him, right? And Hiku must have hated any or all of Whare, DWZ and Kikau.

Also, since Cooper Cronk announced he was leaving, the Storm have since re-signed Addo-Carr, Slater, Vunivalu, Chambers etc. Cronk must have been a wanker!

Last edited:

BxTom

Bench
Yep. I could be way off but Moylan goes and we start re-signing players. We've seen players who don't fit in throughout league history and make things awkward for clubs.

I also wonder about the poor start that we had last year - related?

Tom.

OldPanther

Coach
Whare - re-signed in April 2017
DWZ - re-signed in April 2017
Kikau - re-signed in April 2017
CHN - re-signed in June 2017
Katoa - re-signed in June 2017

Lets not pretend that Moylan leaving was suddenly the reason why everyone wants to re-sign now. Seriously, do people just ignore stuff that doesn't fit their narrative? I mean, Hiku left in May, so CHN and Katoa must of hated him, right? And Hiku must have hated any or all of Whare, DWZ and Kikau.

Also, since Cooper Cronk announced he was leaving, the Storm have since re-signed Addo-Carr, Slater, Vunivalu, Chambers etc. Cronk must have been a wanker!

Ok so I was off. No narrative. I did say:

I could be way off

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Ok so I was off. No narrative. I did say:

I wasn't referring to you in particular :) There have been a number of people making the connection between Moylan leaving and Yeo/Edwards signing.... I mean, there could be a connection, of course, but the fact that they signed after he left has no real value as evidence given, well, how the NRL actually works. Especially not the "Look, Moylan left and we are suddenly re-signing players!" argument, given that we were re-signing players in the middle of whatever drama was supposed to have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts