What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
Moylan made a choice not to do what he is professionally and contractually required to do.

Rehab would form one of the many requirements of an elite footballer. Not drinking when you’re paid to rehab seems pretty standard and reasonable.

His employer saw this as an issue and let him go.

Talented as he may be we’ve built a team and a culture around putting in, working hard on and off the field and doing what needs to be done to make this club successful. Letting him go reinforced that.

We as a club deserved better. Many criticise Gus & Griffin for making decisions that aren’t in the clubs best interest of our club but this single decision showed their commitment to maintaining a standard. Captain, star player, marquee signing or not. No one is bigger than the Panthers.
Considering the club was supposed to have been trying to keep Moylan all along. This narrative is 100% wrong.

Exsilium

First Grade
Considering the club was supposed to have been trying to keep Moylan all along. This narrative is 100% wrong.

If you consider that my statement is spread across the events of over 12 weeks of protracted media relations it is not "100% wrong" as you put it.

Look at it this way. Melbourne happens, Newspapers sell with the Poster boy being pinned for a night out. Everyone is shocked.

Weeks pass and the media keeps drumming up this idea that not all is well in Penrith. The club answered media reports that Moylan was on the outer following being dropped. Rumours of in-fighting and so on. We said he's part of our plans, he's our captain and so on. For a while there it went quiet. Most believed there was nothing to it and figured he was staying. All standard stuff from all parties.

Gus and the club came out and publically supported Moylan shortly after but suggested he needed time away from the game to sort his affairs. Questions get asked. We come out and say he's not coping with things well, needs a break. Standard stuff.

He then wanted to play leading into the finals series. The club was against it. Moylan is triggered by this point and wants out. Rumours circulate that he's got a bad attitude, rehab issues and we again come out and say all is well. It was even said that we are working with Matt and his manager over his future.

That to me is the standard NRL club issued "player wants out" media and fan package. Say nothing is wrong, deflect attention, realise quickly that things wont work, club reverts and player leaves early to sign for a scum club we all hate. Moylan-Land is up in arms.

I am sure we would have liked to keep Moylan the poster boy. The guy who got us out of our seats but we didnt have that. We had naughty Matt Moylan who didn't rehab, get his way and wanted out.

The club responded to his request and he was gone.

Do you honestly believe that if the issues could have been resolved, whatever they were, that he wouldnt still be in Penrith colours? We spent weeks deflecting and answering the media. Every time they had a spot fire we responded.

The club eventually let him go. Whilst some cite ancient history and suggest its what we do, he was given every opportunity to stay. We spent a long time keeping the media away from the issue but ultimately it was the worst kept secret and he was gone. I am confident that the club did try their best to resolve the issues and I honestly believe it was Moylan who had no intention of staying.

I'd be shocked if anyone legitimately believes we did nothing.

Star player asks for a release and we just let the guy walk out without a fight, without trying to keep our representative poster boy captain. Please, even Gus isn't that bad.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Whare - re-signed in April 2017
DWZ - re-signed in April 2017
Kikau - re-signed in April 2017
CHN - re-signed in June 2017
Katoa - re-signed in June 2017

Lets not pretend that Moylan leaving was suddenly the reason why everyone wants to re-sign now. Seriously, do people just ignore stuff that doesn't fit their narrative? I mean, Hiku left in May, so CHN and Katoa must of hated him, right? And Hiku must have hated any or all of Whare, DWZ and Kikau.

Also, since Cooper Cronk announced he was leaving, the Storm have since re-signed Addo-Carr, Slater, Vunivalu, Chambers etc. Cronk must have been a wanker!
Melbourne lost Cronk and signed no one worth noting to replace him.
We lost our captain and are replacing him with a NSW 5/8 who will be on more money.

Melbourne had the money to re-sign those players and did so as soon as they were certain Cronk wasn't going to change his mind and stay. The fact that we had less money yet seemed to breeze through negotiations easier is just interesting to me.

Say what you want, I just find this whole situation to be intriguing.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
DQDLekgVwAAvABp.jpg:large

OldPanther

Coach
We lost our captain and are replacing him with a NSW 5/8 who will be on more money.

Melbourne had the money to re-sign those players and did so as soon as they were certain Cronk wasn't going to change his mind and stay. The fact that we had less money yet seemed to breeze through negotiations easier is just interesting to me.

They have Munster and Croft. No need to go and sign anyone. Looks like Croft has been groomed for this day.

Exsilium

First Grade
You'd hope Aussie Jim is embarrassed by how hard RCG runs. Really needs to lift next year

I’d say he’s proud.

He’s mentoring a young firebrand, who was much like himself in the earlier part of his career. Aussie Jim seems to attract a lot of criticism and I don’t necessarily agree with all of it but I do hope he has a big season.

mxlegend99

Referee

They have been developing Croft to take over from Cronk. They wont just settle for any shitty half that becomes available.

Bellamy knows what hes doing. Matt Orford used to be the Storm 7 and Cronk was just a benchie being groomed for when Orford left.

Croft has been groomed for this day also. Might have come a year earlier than expected. But I will back him to succeed.

Also Storm did sign players. Just not a halfback... although Kasiano likes to think he's one.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
He wanted to and the NRL said no. At least for the Brisbane game.

He is still in the rehab group at the Sharks, this is now what 3 months since the injury?

Maybe he wanted to play, but clearly wasnt fit too, or was rehabbing as he should given its now 3 months on and he is still injured.

OldPanther

Coach
He is still in the rehab group at the Sharks, this is now what 3 months since the injury?

Maybe he wanted to play, but clearly wasnt fit too, or was rehabbing as he should given its now 3 months on and he is still injured.

You'd think he'd be right by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts