What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ash Nisbett - Dragons new signing looks very handy!

Old Timer

Coach
Ranging young running back rower - offers something different and looks like a possible future Thommo replacement - I like him.. Was signed from Tigers this year.. Only 20yo!!
Ash Nisbett certainly looks the goods. We have a good pack and spine and just need to put a decent three quarter line on the field.
So on the basis of your posts and allowing for the fact you need 3 back rowers on the field and 2 on the bench who out of the following isn't the goods and should make way for Nisbett?
Thompson
Frizell
De Belin
Simms
Host
Sele
Leilua

watatank

Coach
The club is so excited about his potential they have decided to keep his signing a secret...

mickeylane

Bench
So on the basis of your posts and allowing for the fact you need 3 back rowers on the field and 2 on the bench who out of the following isn't the goods and should make way for Nisbett?
Thompson
Frizell
De Belin
Simms
Host
Sele
Leilua
No one said the kid will be breaking into first grade this year - not at 20yo!! But if u look at the way he runs his lines, his speed, his defence he could potentially be a first grader in 2019..

possm

Coach
So we bought the following players:
Hunt first grader - late replacement for Benji
Graham first grader - replacement for Packer

Allgood reserve grader
Latimore reserve grader
Nichols reserve grader
Nisbett reserve grader

Old Timer

Coach
No one said the kid will be breaking into first grade this year - not at 20yo!! But if u look at the way he runs his lines, his speed, his defence he could potentially be a s first grader in 2019..
Ok 2019 so who does he replace out of my list?
All but JT are signed I believe and as there are 5 spots and already 7 names for him to make it someone must fall?
For some unknown reason someone else’s 20 year olds are always better than our 20 year olds.
We didn’t need him yet our wing and centre stocks remain an issue.

red rocket

Juniors
So we bought the following players:
Hunt first grader - late replacement for Benji
Graham first grader - replacement for Packer

Allgood reserve grader
Latimore reserve grader
Nichols reserve grader
Nisbett reserve grader
Nisbet is a bloody gun well done Millward defiantly one for the future

Bench
I think Thompson is the one who he could replace as Thompson is only signed for next year. But he has to prove himself first.
I will watch his progress next season.

Old Timer

Coach
No one said the kid will be breaking into first grade this year - not at 20yo!! But if u look at the way he runs his lines, his speed, his defence he could potentially be a first grader in 2019..
Why is it that our club and why do you and others make the statement "not at 20"
Plenty of other clubs have 20 year old superstars so are you telling me this guy doesn't have it in him to be one of those?
St GI the club that doesn't believe in promoting people on raw ability unless they are of a particular age normally > 22.
FMD long apprenticeships are alive and well at our club and we even take on mature aged students in the hope they might just make it.
No wonder we remain in the doldrums.

BennyV

Referee
I think Thompson is the one who he could replace as Thompson is only signed for next year. But he has to prove himself first.
I will watch his progress next season.
Nope, when Thommo goes that spot will belong to Host (possibly with Sims filling a gap for a year).

Save for injuries, this kid wont get a spot here for a while.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I think the purpose of this signing is quality of depth, as Millward has done with other positions.

We've been in a position in previous seasons where if injury strikes, our depth is far too thin. There was a HUGE difference of quality between our first grade players and our depth players (Frizell to Marketo for example).
But now, if we lose Frizell, we have Sims. If we don't have Sims we have Host. No Host... Leilua. No Leilua, we have this Nisbet bloke.
Same principle applies for other positions, quality back ups in Nichols/Mann for the halves. Decent back ups in Allgood/Latimore/Lawrie/Kerr for the forwards.

We just need a f**ing winger!

Latest posts