What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Would love to see us make a play for Corey Oates to replace Crichton.

He wants to play second row and he won't get to at Brisbane any time soon.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
You blokes wil throw plenty at Latrell when he's off contract for sure. Offer big $$$ and the FB role and he'll probably leave Easts. Won't be getting it at eats while Teddy is with us

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Less likely to shift G.I, our captain
How many years does GI have left in him realistically. Latrell has a few more years to run on his current deal he signed the year he debuted for us in firsts.

Get GI to mentor him as well. Makes too much sense not to do it imo

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
How many years does GI have left in him realistically. Latrell has a few more years to run on his current deal he signed the year he debuted for us in firsts.

Get GI to mentor him as well. Makes too much sense not to do it imo

Yeah, Latrell is the perfect succession plan for GI but I don’t know how likely it is to happen. Seems like a Roosters boy through and through. Unless both clubs are keen for a 2018 swap. Crichton for Latrell.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah, Latrell is the perfect succession plan for GI but I don’t know how likely it is to happen. Seems like a Roosters boy through and through. Unless both clubs are keen for a 2018 swap. Crichton for Latrell.

Money talks these days and he'll want big bucks. By all reports he wants the FB role so $$$ combined with the promise of that position would be hard to say no to I'd imagine.

I want him to stay with us and become a beast centre but I think he has other ideas. Old man was at Souths I believe so there's aspiths connection in his family.

Would happily swap fergo for Crichton but no way Souths are that stupid

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Inglis wants to play fullback and has three years to run on his contract.

I don't see Latrell waiting three years to get G.I's spot and I'd think Alex Johnston would take over the number 1 when G.I goes.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Money talks these days and he'll want big bucks. By all reports he wants the FB role so $$$ combined with the promise of that position would be hard to say no to I'd imagine.

I want him to stay with us and become a beast centre but I think he has other ideas. Old man was at Souths I believe so there's aspiths connection in his family.

Would happily swap fergo for Crichton but no way Souths are that stupid

Would be nice. How do you guys feel about paying such big money to Crichton though? I know his a great player but the money they’re talking about is spine player money.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Would be nice. How do you guys feel about paying such big money to Crichton though? I know his a great player but the money they’re talking about is spine player money.
I don't believe the $1mil price tag at all. It'll be good coin most definitely but i don't believe we throw massive overs at most players. He's a cracking young player and has rep footy and leadership written all over him. Seems to have a very good head on his shoulders as well.

Very happy with the signing even if I thought we needed a prop more than edge backrower.

I would be spewing if I was Souths

Pablooo

Juniors
I don't believe the $1mil price tag at all. It'll be good coin most definitely but i don't believe we throw massive overs at most players. He's a cracking young player and has rep footy and leadership written all over him. Seems to have a very good head on his shoulders as well.

Very happy with the signing even if I thought we needed a prop more than edge backrower.

I would be spewing if I was Souths

Why should we be spewing. Maybe disappointed but not spewing. He wanted to stay if we got close enough to the highest offer and we decided not to pay ridiculous money. Angus isn’t worth anything near one million dollars and all the Roosters have done with their expensive recruitments is start a bidding frenzy within their own club. Boyd is now asking for one million dollars as well. And both Taukieaho and Latrell have tripled their values. You have gone from a harmonious club with players wanting to play together for less money to a club that is now the beacon for silly money deals with a free for all mentality. I can tell you that all is not well at the Rorters. If we paid Angus silly money we would have to back it up with similar silly money deals for our other young players which isn’t a wise move for the long term if a club wants to build a strong club with good depth and a happy group of people.

Go Bunnies

Juniors
Why should we be spewing. Maybe disappointed but not spewing. He wanted to stay if we got close enough to the highest offer and we decided not to pay ridiculous money. Angus isn’t worth anything near one million dollars and all the Roosters have done with their expensive recruitments is start a bidding frenzy within their own club. Boyd is now asking for one million dollars as well. And both Taukieaho and Latrell have tripled their values. You have gone from a harmonious club with players wanting to play together for less money to a club that is now the beacon for silly money deals with a free for all mentality. I can tell you that all is not well at the Rorters. If we paid Angus silly money we would have to back it up with similar silly money deals for our other young players which isn’t a wise move for the long term if a club wants to build a strong club with good depth and a happy group of people.
Well said. At this stage we don’t need to be paying overs for a 1 season rookie even though I think Gus is a great player. We are still trying to get over the mess our Salary Cap is in and I think we are going about it the right way by signing young players with potential.
I can see this team gelling and while it mightn’t happen this year, I think 2019 and 2020 will be good years

southsport

First Grade

You've probably nailed it with that post Pabs. ;)

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'd love Taukeaiho........

Been a very disappointing day

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Fair reply but I'm backing the people that run my club to keep things together like we always do. The players can spit the dummy and throw their toys out of the cot all they like. It won't get them very far. We'll be fine with our roster management and all this talk of unhappy playing group based on a few players being paid money is ridiculous. Fact is no one knows what any player is paid and stating you do is pure speculation and media dribble.

We're a well run club and know how to maintain a strong roster and I don't see why that will change going forward.

Rabbits20

Immortal
TPA's to be capped please NRL....

For example one club may only get 1 million from sources in TPA's whereas another club may get 3 million in TPA's........

This is where the playing field becomes unfair and is driving fans from most teams away and hence membership numbers shall drop........

handyman2190

Bench
I rate cam murray a better player than crighton who isnt a great defender or workaholic.
Id rather work at keeping murray who captained the u20s origin team who is 19 not 22 like crighton imagine what he will become in 3 years.
Its disappointing and yes depressing other teams pick us to bits i cant figure why we dont target mitchel and screw them

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I rate cam murray a better player than crighton who isnt a great defender or workaholic.
Id rather work at keeping murray who captained the u20s origin team who is 19 not 22 like crighton imagine what he will become in 3 years.
Its disappointing and yes depressing other teams pick us to bits i cant figure why we dont target mitchel and screw them

Crichton is a great player I’ve always thought that, but I argued for weeks on end he wasn’t worth more than 800k. So I am kind of glad Souths didn’t pay that kind of money, but am definitely sad to see him leave.

Murray is a player that could be worth that much in a few years though. Lock is such a crucial position in modern footy and the kid never stops. He has a work rate like Jack De Belin.

Latest posts