What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ODI: Australia v England at MCG Jan 14 2018

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Botham used to open the batting for the Poms in the mid 80’s.

He opened for the poms in 92 WC too. Took forever.

Srikkanth hit a boundary opening once too.

Lance Cairns at 3 under Howarth era to boot. You're welcome.

JJ

Immortal
Botham used to open the batting for the Poms in the mid 80’s.
that was the same time as NZ - same world cup - he did it to us in a series here, and we had tried Richard Reid - but yeah around 1989-90 was when it started I think

Prior to that of course Greenidge was always agressive and old Glenn Turner liked going over the infield but not with the same power

JJ

Immortal
Hales gone now too - they need another partnership, but set up to go close

ANTiLAG

First Grade
that was the same time as NZ - same world cup - he did it to us in a series here, and we had tried Richard Reid - but yeah around 1989-90 was when it started I think

Prior to that of course Greenidge was always agressive and old Glenn Turner liked going over the infield but not with the same power

90/91 in Aus for Reid.

Turner was a chip in between in and out field.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Nope, Botham was opening against us in 86/7 worlds series cup.

0/15

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I was wrong? You're the champ who reckons McCuioellum was the first to go hard in thecearly overs. Or was that Darth Greatbatch?

Why you upset?

England invented cricket.

NZ gave cricket powerplay hitting.

Aus gave us sledging.