What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
No centre is worth a million dollars a year. Even peak GI playing centre isn't worth that kind of money. If he can't play fullback and he moves to centre then that move needs to be reflected in what we are paying him or we need to move him on.

If GI moves from Fullback then that basically means that all of the highest paid players in our squad will be in non-Spine positions. You can't win a competition with your best players only knocking the ball up the middle or sitting out on an edge. You need to spend the money on decision makers and guys who are handling the ball otherwise you end up with what we had last year.

I’m not saying we’re getting value for money but it makes much more sense to prolong his career in the centres than to have him play 1 game at fullback, destroy his knee and sit out the season. Because ultimately you’re wasting your money even more then.

You’re also forgetting Josh Dugan is getting a ridiculous pay check next season to potentially play in the centres. Jack Bird is earning around 1 mil a season in the centres. Good centres are hard to come by and we have 2 of the best in the competition.

This whole value according to position thing is complete garbage. Townsend and Maloney were on relatively small contracts when the Sharks won the competition. Keary and Arey were on peanuts when we won the competition.

Everyone thinks the storm way is the only way but Cronk, Smith and Slater are amongst some of the best players to ever play this game. Paying the majority of your cap to your spine doesn’t always work. A prime example is the warriors. They have one of best spines in the comp but suck. Basing a teams season on the way a salary cap is distributed is not fair at all.

I also do find it funny that Crichton is worth a million a season yet GI a proven player on every level isn’t.

Travitoh

First Grade

Travitoh

First Grade

Rabbits20

Immortal
Nope. He's only mentioning Hiroti as a chance to play at some stage this season.
I was told by a lad that i work with who claims his mate used to be in the SG ball setup at the club and still has connections with some of the players.
I'm not claiming it as fact, I'm just passing on what I've heard. It is a rumours thread after all.
I'll just warn you mate I believe what you're saying......

Others may not....

Once again any info like that is valuable in here to all the talk....

Keep us updated if you here anymore.......

Like me you probably don't hear much too often but it's good to share when we do.....

I knew Angus was gone before anyone in here as I know a guy who used to be on the Souths board and still has connections...........

Rabbits20

Immortal
I've not looked a whole lot in that thread so forgive me. But it still is where Southsport heard it first so I'll still claim that one :wink:
Should take a look and catch up mate..... It's a good thread...

Some good chat and Callmack has been giving links to interviews with players etc....

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Nope. He's only mentioning Hiroti as a chance to play at some stage this season.
I was told by a lad that i work with who claims his mate used to be in the SG ball setup at the club and still has connections with some of the players.
I'm not claiming it as fact, I'm just passing on what I've heard. It is a rumours thread after all.
Lol okay mate. Interesting coincidence

I'll just warn you mate I believe what you're saying......

Others may not....

Once again any info like that is valuable in here to all the talk....

Keep us updated if you here anymore.......

Like me you probably don't hear much too often but it's good to share when we do.....

I knew Angus was gone before anyone in here as I know a guy who used to be on the Souths board and still has connections...........
:joy::joy::joy:

Travitoh

First Grade
Should take a look and catch up mate..... It's a good thread...

Some good chat and Callmack has been giving links to interviews with players etc....

Might do at some stage. I usually don't read a lot into preseason talk until the trials begin.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Rabbitoad if you aren't going to add anything constructive in here I don't think there is any point in posting...

That's me being kind and giving you a heads up....

Mods won't tolerate this repeatedly every time this year.....

It's why it's an injuries, signings, rumours thread and people can share anything they have heard.....

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Rabbitoad if you aren't going to add anything constructive in here I don't think there is any point in posting...

It's why it's an injuries, signings, rumours thread and people can share anything they have heard.....
:joy: I asked him if that's where he heard it because I wanted to know if it had been reported elsewhere.

I just can't help but to laugh at your desperate attempts to get someone to believe you.

The condescending crap just makes you look more desperate.

Funny how the guy I asked didn't throw a tanty, but you did....but I'm the one trying to "start trouble", right? :joy:

Rabbit toes

First Grade

You seem hurt.

That's an injury.

This isn't an assumption, I heard it. That's why I posted it.

Latest posts