What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW going forward

Yeah, that Origin side by Razor is quite dire.

If I had to pick it tomorrow based off what I saw in the finals 2017, the World Cup and the few trial matches I've seen:

1. James Tedesco

2. Josh Mansour

3. Jack Bird

4. Josh Dugan

5. Tom Trbojevic

6. James Maloney

7. Nathan Cleary

8. Aaron Woods

9. Damien Cook (Peats was very good in defence last year but NSW needs a hooker who is equally dangerous in attack and defence. Cook offers that)

10. Andrew Fifita (Not sure if he's available since pleading allegiance to Tonga but if unavailable it makes sense that David Klemmer would move in here)

11. Boyd Cordner (C)

12. Tyson Frizell

13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Reagan Campbell-Gillard (Mclean unlucky to miss out as is Vaughan)

15. David Klemmer (If Fifta is ineligible I'd probably go with Mclean here)

16. Angus Crichton

17. Matt Moylan/Wade Graham

So with this team we've got a solid focus on attack which NSW hasn't had in a little while now (Mansour and Tom T are young and exciting, Tedesco is a good attacker whilst Bird and Dugan at their best are great attackers also)

For the first year since 2014 we've got a strong club halves pairing in Maloney and Cleary. Maloney has more Origin games under his belt and can help grind out a win whilst Cleary has someone to lean on if need be.

Forwards cause much debate. Woods because he has good experience and hasn't really ever let NSW down (Except last year). Fifita had that magical Game 1 last year so I hope he's eligible. Cordner, Frizell and Jake T get the nod simply because they have good size, are decent attackers and can defend.

Bench you've got 2 big boppers in RCG and Klemmer and bringing Crichton in for a stint will help since he is also strong in attack and defence. Between Moylan and Graham for that utility spot, Moylan is magical when he's in form and an in form Moylan taking offloads off Frizell and Crichton could be dangerous. Graham wasn't impressive last year in Origin but had a really strong World Cup and I believe he can play lock, second row and 5/8 without too much trouble whilst also being able to fill in at centre and hooker so he's a good option if someone goes down.

Team I think Fittler will pick:

1. Tedesco 2. Mansour 3. Hayne 4. Dugan 5. Tom T 6. Maloney 7. Pearce 8. Woods 9. Peats 10. Klemmer 11. Cordner (C) 12. Jackson 13. Frizell

14. RCG 15. Mclean 16. Jake T 17. Graham

Team will jag a close one and then get killed.
That's actually a pretty good team you named, few changes I'd make

Latrell Mitchell or Michael Jennings for Josh Dugan

McLean for Woods

I'd have both Moylan and Graham and drop Crichton who is really unlucky.

MKCS

Juniors
I'm reluctant to drop Dugan because of the great World Cup he had. If he's solid for Cronulla I'd pick him although Roberts at right centre is quite exciting and I'm sure he'd take it much more seriously than Duges.

I'm reluctant to drop Dugan because of the great World Cup he had. If he's solid for Cronulla I'd pick him although Roberts at right centre is quite exciting and I'm sure he'd take it much more seriously than Duges.
Where were you planning on playing Duges? Left or right? Remember he played well on the left in the WC just like Hayne played well on the right 5 years ago.

Pig Hunter

Juniors
If the Nsw Rabbitoh was not good enough for the price then we hadn’t seen the other guys

Spot On

Coach
Dugan = origin career over. Add Fifita, Hayne and Fergo to that list too.

Surely Fitler won't pick puss in his side if he really wants to do well.

Dugan = origin career over. Add Fifita, Hayne and Fergo to that list too.

Surely Fitler won't pick puss in his side if he really wants to do well.
Adolf has been one of those who has most talked-up Pearce's suitability for Origin. He criticised Maloney's performance in last year's Origin Series, but had nothing specific to say about Pearce.

Don't bet that he won't pick Pearce.

Spot On

Coach
Adolf has been one of those who has most talked-up Pearce's suitability for Origin. He criticised Maloney's performance in last year's Origin Series, but had nothing specific to say about Pearce.

Don't bet that he won't pick Pearce.

If he does that he may as well pick the puss listed above and wave his origin job goodbye after the first series.

TheFrog

Coach
17. Matt Moylan
Wasn't good enough to make it last year and a match hasn't been played yet. He's not a bench player. He either starts or he isn't selected. He needs to settle down and overcome his issues and as such I doubt he'll get a look in this year. Unless his form absolutely demands it.

Clifferd

Coach
Moses will probably get the nod for halfback. Although what might be in Clearys favour is he has a club combo with Maloney

stryker

First Grade
Anyone not naming James Roberts as their centre is not being serious. As a Queenslander id love to see Jack Bird, Hayne or Mitchel there. Roberts makes me uneasy due to his explosive pace and the fact he is always alive on a play. He will score plenty if used.

OldPanther

Coach
Your opinion but I don't agree. There is no place for an edge backrower on the bench in my opinion. It's Graham or Cordner in the side and the other one misses out. Using Aussie selection is not necessarily the best gauge of a player. I use Aaron Woods as an example.

It's one of the most important things in the game to have a back rower on the bench with the HIA rules.

OldPanther

Coach
Anyone not naming James Roberts as their centre is not being serious. As a Queenslander id love to see Jack Bird, Hayne or Mitchel there. Roberts makes me uneasy due to his explosive pace and the fact he is always alive on a play. He will score plenty if used.

He has to be. Tired of these excellent players missing out for stupid reasons.

As a Qlder
Yes please
His defence is ordinary
Can score a try yep
But he lets in a few too

Mi

Mitchel plays like that once every 10, 11 weeks. Whats the chances origin lines up with his turn to have a go?
The point of that video was not to show Mitchell's attack but Roberts defence or a lack of. Mitchell may not play like that in Origin but Greg Inglis definitely does and that's who Roberts will be opposing if he gets selected.

Spot On

Coach
As per usual.... no shortage of pigs or outside backs .... just limited brains to run the operation.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
LOL people tipping Cleary over Moses cos of yesterdays result,if King Gutho played and Kenny Edwards played instead of morons like Matagi or Evans(Who were Penrith's best players) we win by 40

Moses > Cleary