What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Jamberoo

Juniors
hahahaha

seriously
you're just reinforcing how stupid you mongs are south of the border

as someone said
I want a reno on my restaurant on South Bank
& I want the Vic Govt to pay for it

would that be right ?

now clench your fist
upper cuts
rain them on your chin dopey
The AFL is a non profit organisation. It’s totally different to a private consortium being given cash like the previous owners of Etihad or ANZ. So if the NRL bought ANZ, would you not want the Govt to contribute to any works. It Cricket Australia owned the MCG, the people who use it would still expect Govt to keep it modern. Does the NSW govt not contribute to facilities owned by sports clubs in NSW? They should. It is pretty obvious why you guys are so up in arms about your rubbish facilities.

El Diablo

Post Whore
hahahaha

seriously
you're just reinforcing how stupid you mongs are south of the border

as someone said
I want a reno on my restaurant on South Bank
& I want the Vic Govt to pay for it

would that be right ?

now clench your fist
upper cuts
rain them on your chin dopey
Victorian mentality defies logic

Jamberoo

Juniors
Youre on the LU forums where idiots throw around insults like monkeys throwing shit at the walls to see if its sticks.
Enjoy your time here.
Unfortunately yes, there are more idiots in here than expected, but there is no where else to talk RL in Victoria. Most are just jealous.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.areanews.com.au/story/5290525/labors-anti-stadiums-bus-to-tour-nsw/

Labor's anti-stadiums bus to tour NSW

Luke Foley is taking to the road in a campaign bus to spruik NSW Labor's opposition to the state government's $2.5 billion plan to knock down and rebuild three sporting stadiums in Sydney.

The red bus - emblazoned with the slogan "schools and hospitals before stadiums" - left Sydney on Sunday for a week-long trip that will see Mr Foley visit the far north coast, Myall Lakes, the Hunter Valley, Barwon, Dubbo, Bega, Queanbeyan and finally key western Sydney seats.

"The premier just has the wrong priorities here," Mr Foley told reporters.

"It's just such a monumental extravagance to knock down an 18-year-old stadium (at Homebush). The Olympics were held in Melbourne in 1956 (but) they've never knocked down the MCG."

Mr Foley said he suspects Premier Gladys Berejiklian "will capitulate" and scrap the stadiums splurge at some stage.

More than half of NSW voters are opposed to the state government spending more than $2 billion to demolish and rebuild Allianz Stadium at Moore Park and ANZ at Homebush, according to a poll released late last week.

The ReachTEL poll, commissioned by Fairfax Media, suggested nearly 60 per cent of voters oppose or strongly oppose the plan.

Labor says it would support a "modest refurbishment" of the Olympic stadium at Homebush.

The Berejiklian government is also spending about $300 million to redevelop Parramatta Stadium which is due to be completed by 2019.

The premier on Sunday defended her government as she released three key reports on infrastructure, transport and Sydney planning.

"Our investment spend on sporting infrastructure is less than one per cent," she told reporters.

"We've already spent $111 billion until this point on schools, hospitals, roads and rail ... something the Labor party failed to do."

Ms Berejiklian appeared unconcerned about Mr Foley's bus tour which is headed to Lismore on Sunday evening.

"I wish he'd actually launch a policy," she said.

Well it did take 50 years.
Then again ANZ feels 50 years old - hard to believe it is just 12 months older that Etihad stadium here. Looks and feels a decade older at least.

I wouldn’t say it looks older, the main issue has always been the sight lines. They’re terrible for rectangular sports. ANZ stadium is pretty spacious inside, good access, good toilets etc.

Jamberoo

Juniors
I wouldn’t say it looks older, the main issue has always been the sight lines. They’re terrible for rectangular sports. ANZ stadium is pretty spacious inside, good access, good toilets etc.
I was there GF day last year. Last row top deck. Rubbish view. Ridiculous walk down and up for food, drinks, toilets. The beams are rusted, it felt neglected to me compared to Etihad (which I don’t like either) which is the same age. Both stadiums have the same problem, too small and wrong shape for AFL, too big and wrong shape/angles for NRL. Etihad was also supposed to be rectangular (AAMI size) until the AFL hijacked. It is not popular with fans of my club Hawthorn is they bulldozed our home ground (Waverley, held 75K) and made us move.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
ANZ is not rectangular and flogball no longer uses it so it needs to be reconfigured for the three sports that actually do use it

Labor was actually in favour of that a year or two back. But when Baird resigned that f**kwit Ayres convinced Berk Berk Berejerklian to commit to the Allianz rebuild as well and suddenly stadiums became a hot election topic, Labor have just smelt the wind and gone with opposing both as they can see there's plenty of support there and it's a stick to beat the Libs with. If they'd stuck with Baird's decision to reconfigure ANZ and just renovate Allianz it likely would've got through with bipartisan support.

Raiderdave

First Grade
The AFL is a non profit organisation. It’s totally different to a private consortium being given cash like the previous owners of Etihad or ANZ. So if the NRL bought ANZ, would you not want the Govt to contribute to any works. It Cricket Australia owned the MCG, the people who use it would still expect Govt to keep it modern. Does the NSW govt not contribute to facilities owned by sports clubs in NSW? They should. It is pretty obvious why you guys are so up in arms about your rubbish facilities.

yeah
sure
sure

they're the salvation f**king army LOL

Canard

Immortal
Unfortunately yes, there are more idiots in here than expected, but there is no where else to talk RL in Victoria. Most are just jealous.

You've been a member here for a decade, and you act like you've been here for a week.

Etihad getting any money from Vic gov is criminal, and likely be yet another blunder that will lose Andrews the election

El Diablo

Post Whore
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...t/news-story/8ae6e48f7415978fdd8f3c4367623f03

Allianz Stadium: Rugby league fans slam sad state of venue saying it’s time it was rebuilt

Sam McBeath, The Daily Telegraph
March 18, 2018 11:36pm

SHABBY remnants of electrical tape cover sharp rusty metal edges, concrete floors crumble underfoot and woefully inadequate amenities struggle to meet demand.

Away from the politics surrounding plans to rebuild Sydney’s sports grounds, this is the experience of spectators at Moore Park’s Allianz Stadium.

Frustrated rugby league fans at a weekend game at the 30-year-old stadium said its shortcomings were all too apparent and it was about time the ageing facility was rebuilt.

In some areas tape is used to hold together surfaces or cover sharp areas and the yellow safety paint designed to improve visibility on the stairs is almost entirely worn away in some areas.

Sutherland Shire resident and 17-year Sydney Roosters member Adrian Downs spoke wistfully of the modern facilities of stadiums such as the MCG or Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium.

“You go to the footy in Perth, Melbourne or Adelaide and those stadiums are just amazing,” the 57-year-old said.

“Their facilities are clean, the sound systems are up-to-date, the food is good, the toilet stalls are equipped with television screens — it’s just amazing. We need something like that here.”

Serious shortcomings were obvious at Friday night’s Roosters-Bulldogs NRL game.

The stench from overwhelmed toilets spread throughout bays 24 and 36, leaving spectators gagging.

The stadium’s large digital screens were clearly weather-affected and suffered connection problems, with images flickering and occasionally dropping out altogether. “They’re crapping on with all the politics, but they need to just do the right thing and fix it up, just fix everything up,” Mr Downs said.

Peter Thorne, 57, from Randwick said Allianz was outdated and unsafe.

“It definitely does have safety issues that need to be fixed up like fire prevention, the seats and exits,” he said.

Sport Minister Stuart Ayres said, “Sydney and NSW shouldn’t tolerate second class let alone being last,” and rebuilding Allianz would give Sydney a state-of-the-art facility.

Premier Gladys Berejiklian agreed with her minister, saying: “We can’t afford to fall behind because we have infrastructure that has long passed its use-by date.”

taipan

Referee
Isn’t this what manly wanted to do? Redevelop around and get the developers to pay for the new stadium?
It’s a shame Cronulla we’re so desperate for cash and weren’t able to get the developers to rebuild the stadium as part of the deal.
the wa cricket association are planning something similiar with the waca and in effect the eventual sale of the land at subi oval will go some ways to paying for the Optus stadium.

Joint redevelopment and stadia construction can work if you’ve got valuable development land.

Seriously mate the Sharks had the land and no cash.
The developers( and yes an individual ) put money up front to help save they club from going down the gurgler.
What you forget the developer is not a charity.The Leagues club put up zero funding.
Whether a stadium was discussed or not ,the immediate concern is bringing enlarge sums ASAP.

As a result of their taking over the building site and the side football ground, the junior Cronulla club received a brand new clubhouse and ground shoe at Cronulla High School.The clubhouse is hardly a dungy with a few seats.

The plan as I understand it ,was around 700 units initially,the profits from the first stage around 300 units were to go to the developer, then sensing unit sales,the profits shared with he Sharks.
The units have been selling like hotcakes.

The next stage will be a complete refurbishment of the Licensed club as part of the retail development.
You know these modern Licensed clubs with restaurants overlooking the bay that get people in and make profits .
The retail development with the attached shops/supermarkets will bring in an estimated annual income $1m + pa to the club.
Now there is an additional development application for another 200 units plus a hotel on the retail site.

Seriously mate much as we all would love an all seater or extended stadium by now.reality and financial outcomes suggest the obvious immediate priority, is to maximise income for the club.
The club will be building a C of E,they got he financial backing from the State Govt about $10m,as part of the southern Stand.

Pommy

Coach
The club will be building a C of E,they got he financial backing from the State Govt about $10m,as part of the southern Stand.

What do they need a church for?

In all seriousness I’m not sure what your abbreviation is referencing.

taipan

Referee
What do they need a church for?

In all seriousness I’m not sure what your abbreviation is referencing.

Good one champ. Centre of Excellence.Trust a bleeding Pom to note that.
I try to save ink when I'm typing,I tell my Irish mates.

BTW the way the Sharks have been playing to date ,maybe a church to confess their many on field sins would be a good idea.
"Oooh father I squirrel gripped another player'" I called an opposition a fat piece of sh*t,when I know he is really an obese piece of sh*t."

Latest posts