What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 4 Team vs Wtigers

84 Baby

Referee
This week is tge Stay Kind Cup in honour of the Kelly Family who lost their two sons. The first following a one punch attack.

Easter Monday – one week from now - is Stay Kind Day and to mark it, NRL teams, Wests Tigers and the Parramatta Eels will play in the Stay Kind cup match, and Ralph and Kathy Kelly are hoping to fill the ANZ stadium in Sydney with spectators.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2...up-stay-kind-campaign-in-memory-of-son-stuart
FFS we never play well when there's some sort of Cup on the line. Or a player's milestone game. Or when it's hot or rainy. Or when we have the ball

Glenneel

Bench
He should be in Long Bay so I certainly hope we didn't talk to him
I think he was Bazal so did his time and one would hope has learnt his lesson. Would you rather the world shunned him so that he couldn't contribute to society? Punished not once but twice? Ma'u was also in jail so why don't you apply same logic to him?

Djay

Juniors
I rather think the point was that we as fans have zero control over what happens on the field so why get concerned?

It's just a game ffs
That seems to be your attitude regularly yet your on here more then most given an answer to every opinion that differs from yours.

It is just a game yes, but as a fan I actually give a shit and want to see my team do well.

Sorry for caring and expecting more then an 0-3 start.

Bazal

Post Whore
I think he was Bazal so did his time and one would hope has learnt his lesson. Would you rather the world shunned him so that he couldn't contribute to society? Punished not once but twice? Ma'u was also in jail so why don't you apply same sentence to him?

Because Mau served a full sentence for his actions during a brawl as a teenager, and didn't viciously attempt to reenact American History X.

Packer served a slap on the wrist penalty for a crime that would have you and me locked away for three times the sentence. We can talk about second chances all we like but Packer hasn't served his time, because his profile as an NRL player saved him the sort of punishment the average pleb would get.

You might be happy to have a violent thug take up half a million of the cap like he is at the Tigers. I'm not.

Bazal

Post Whore
That seems to be your attitude regularly yet your on here more then most given an answer to every opinion that differs from yours.

It is just a game yes, but as a fan I actually give a shit and want to see my team do well.

Sorry for caring and expecting more then an 0-3 start.

Having free time to fill doesn't equate to what you're attempting to equate it to.

More power to you. Personally I reckon getting properly worked up over something yoiu have absolutely no control over is silly, and when it's a sport it's downright childish. Venting is fine, but some on here act like it's life and death

emjaycee

Coach
Thought Packer was massive last week, played entire first half by the look of it (if had break was only short) and tackled absolutely everything. Great acquisition by W-T and did we even talk to him?
How the f**k would anyone on here know?
Is he fat enough?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes true, just do what we’ve done for the last 32 years hey I mean it can’t get worse and it’s nothing we’re not used to.

If we lose this weekend coming and some aren’t concerned then that clearly sums up this clubs mentality.
No it just sums up the mentality of some fans. We know the club’s mentality - don’t go broke and don’t cheat, and stay competitive. We’ve done all those things since 2016.

Noise

Coach
No it just sums up the mentality of some fans. We know the club’s mentality - don’t go broke and don’t cheat, and stay competitive. We’ve done all those things since 2016.

How many more losses in a row before we are noncompetitive?

Gronk

Staff member
Because Mau served a full sentence for his actions during a brawl as a teenager, and didn't viciously attempt to reenact American History X.

Packer served a slap on the wrist penalty for a crime that would have you and me locked away for three times the sentence. We can talk about second chances all we like but Packer hasn't served his time, because his profile as an NRL player saved him the sort of punishment the average pleb would get.

You might be happy to have a violent thug take up half a million of the cap like he is at the Tigers. I'm not.

He should have been deported like other Kiwis who are fresh out of jail.

Chipmunk

Coach
Having free time to fill doesn't equate to what you're attempting to equate it to.

More power to you. Personally I reckon getting properly worked up over something yoiu have absolutely no control over is silly, and when it's a sport it's downright childish. Venting is fine, but some on here act like it's life and death

You're right, it's not life and death. It's far more important than that.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How many more losses in a row before we are noncompetitive?
Well we lost four games in a row last year and still made the finals, as did the Cowboys. Penrith lost five straight. The year before, the Titans lost five straight and made the finals. Five of the top eight teams lost three straight during the season, including the premiers. In 2015 we know the Cowboys were premiers after starting 0-3, but the Roosters (minor premiers) and the Storm both lost four straight during the season, as did the Sharks. All played in the finals. The Dragons lost seven straight that year as well, before recovering to make the eight. Souths lost three straight games twice during the season.

So losing three straight like we have done is meaningless. You are going to lose games during the season. Why would it mean any more to lose them in succession? We experienced half of our regular season losses last year in consecutive games.

Last edited:

forward pass

Coach
So losing three straight like we have done is meaningless. You are going to lose games during the season. Why would it mean any more to lose them in succession? We experienced half of our regular season losses last year in consecutive games.

Well we have actually lost 5 straight now when you think about it. Does it mean less if they are over different seasons? Same squad virtually.

Noise

Coach
Well we lost four games in a row last year and still made the finals, as did the Cowboys. Penrith lost five straight. The year before, the Titans lost five straight and made the finals. Five of the top eight teams lost three straight during the season, including the premiers. In 2015 we know the Cowboys were premiers after starting 0-3, but the Roosters (minor premiers) and the Storm both lost four straight during the season, as did the Sharks. All played in the finals. The Dragons lost seven straight that year as well, before recovering to make the eight. Souths lost three straight games twice during the season.

So 6 then?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well we have actually lost 5 straight now when you think about it. Does it mean less if they are over different seasons? Same squad virtually.
The finals games don't count. Sudden death footy against the two teams most stacked with Origin-calibre players. We went with both of them. Seven tries to six in total. They were good efforts and we should be proud.

Gazzamatta

Coach
The finals games don't count. Sudden death footy against the two teams most stacked with Origin-calibre players. We went with both of them. Seven tries to six in total. They were good efforts and we should be proud.
Yeah. If only this weeks Fullback had of caught that bomb.