What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 4 Team vs Wtigers

Gronk

Staff member
Here it is:

Eels:
1 Will Smith
2 George Jennings
3 Michael Jennings
4 Kirisome Auva'a
5 Josh Hoffman
6 Corey Norman
7 Mitchell Moses
8 Daniel Alvaro
9 Kaysa Pritchard
10 Tim Mannah (c)
11 Manu Ma'u
12 Tepai Moeroa
13 Nathan Brown

Interchange:
14 Beau Scott
15 Kenny Edwards
16 Peni Terepo
17 Tony Williams

Reserves:
18 Cameron King
19 Suaia Matagi
20 David Gower,
21 Marata Niukore

Source: nrl.com

Wow wholesale changes.

Looks like a crisis to me.

emjaycee

Coach
Looks like Smith will be fullback with no backs named 14 through 21. I'm honestly dissapointed by that. I think its a big mistake not having Smith on the bench to cover for Kaysa and any backline injurys. My preference also would be for Gower and Marata to replace TRex and Beau.
A bit like Frichard last year who got preference over Marata and showed sweet FA. Im tipping the same with TRex.
Looks like everyone has hurdled Matagi and Vae.
I think Vae needs some more match fitness under his belt and although I agree with you re: a second dummy half, we do have the option of shuffling some around if need be to move Smith or Brown to 9 for a stint.
If the club is keen on keeping Marata beyond this year I can see him cracking Beau's bench spot before Round 10 to be honest.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I bloody hope so. Surely we cant go 2 seasons without blooding at least one rookie. I guess Gennings promotion is a plus. Beau has been ultra disappointing. Ive been a huge fan of his but whilst others improved last weekend, Beau remained poor. (As was Kane).

Gazzamatta

Coach
Brown to hooker is a HUGE no from me. Dont even want to think about that. The pressure is on Kaysa well and truly. Stay the distance or big issues are exposed. A poor decision.
But what do I know.

emjaycee

Coach
Brown to hooker is a HUGE no from me. Dont even want to think about that. The pressure is on Kaysa well and truly. Stay the distance or big issues are exposed. A poor decision.
But what do I know.
Smith to 9, Hoff to 1, Mau to 4 and Aauvaa to wing in an emergency.

emjaycee

Coach
For sure but that massively disrupts the team. Could all be avoided with your suggestion of Hoff to "1".
FFS, BA. arent you reading this stuff?
Wouldnt be avoided because we would still need to replace Hoff and if that was with a winger, there is still no place for Smith. Seems like BA was keen to get 4 forwards on the bench.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Wouldnt be avoided because we would still need to replace Hoff and if that was with a winger, there is still no place for Smith. Seems like BA was keen to get 4 forwards on the bench.
You were suppose to "texta" BA. did you get a reply?

emjaycee

Coach
Vave not named anywhere.

Weakest Wenty side ive seen in 15yrs.
0/1 mate - Vae/Vave named for Wenty.

I suspect that whomever drops off the Eels reserves on Sunday afternoon will make their way into Wenty in time for Sunday's kick-off. At the moment that would be 2 of King, Matagi, Gower or Niukore.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Looks like Smith will be fullback with no backs named 14 through 21. I'm honestly dissapointed by that. I think its a big mistake not having Smith on the bench to cover for Kaysa and any backline injurys. My preference also would be for Gower and Marata to replace TRex and Beau.
A bit like Frichard last year who got preference over Marata and showed sweet FA. Im tipping the same with TRex.
Looks like everyone has hurdled Matagi and Vae.
Williams and Scott have won premierships and played Origin. They have to be in the team. They have an influence beyond just their physical contribution.