What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs Knights

Gareth67

First Grade
Macdonald and Ah Mau are off contract at the end of this season. Explains the extra effort and the vast improvement in form.

Possum to a degree you may be correct with MacDonald , however every man and his dog has seen genuine improvement in his game . I put that down to Ben Hunt being able to kick ahead for him and the other outside backs . If fact I wouldn't mind betting that these kicks are practiced at training , over and over again .

There are tries in the Dragon team this year and the halves roaming around more freely compared to previous years is the reason . As far as Ah Mau is concerned his improvement is because he is no longer playing a full game , but coming off the bench fully refreshed and loaded for ' barrr ' .

Last edited:

Life's Good

Coach
Rarely do, but i disagree with you.

LAM has been doing it for the past few years.
Its only now , most have noticed his value.
He is a winner.

Hope he stays.
I totally agree. It’s going to be hard to keep him with the likes of Parra & Roosters looking to improve their forward stocks.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Can we just mention how amazingly Nene, Lafai and Aitken have shut down their criticisers this year? Wow, among the best in the NRL
I am still not convinced of Lafai and Aitken. I would like to see McGreggor give Mann a go in either of their positions with 20 to go. I don't think Mann is a lock either. He could be better than Lafai and Aitken.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Provided the club sees it the same way then I’m sure Millward will make it happen.
In my eyes the only player we’ve lost, that we really wanted to keep, was Bmoz. Our recruitment/retention is getting it right.
I won't even knock us letting Morris go, as I heard that he was on 500K plus. I would still rather have him on our wing than Nightingale though.

Drag Queen

Bench
Oh yes, today's game versus Newcastle...

The Knights won't roll over, but I should hope Dragons by 14 should be sufficient.
Saints b
I think that it will prove to be good Drag Queen , I have a good feeling about this game .
You were right. I got a call out after 20 minutes. Watching it now on replay. Happy days and allowed to have a beer now. F**k work.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Possum to a degree you may be correct with MacDonald , however every man and his dog has seen genuine improvement in his game . I put that down to Ben Hunt being able to kick ahead for him and the other outside backs . If fact I wouldn't mind betting that these kicks are practiced at training , over and over again .

There are tries in the Dragon team this year and the halves roaming around more freely compared to previous years is the reason . As far as Ah Mau is concerned his improvement is because he is no longer playing a full game , but coming off the bench fully refreshed and loaded for ' barrr ' .
Our forwards are dominate this year, that lays the platform for Ah Mau to come on and continue the roll on. He is in career best form.

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Totally agree gareth.
But there are a couple of other reason in my option.
1) Pickworth and HPU unit have had 2 years together and have work on all the players fitness.
2) The most important is that finally players are playing in there correct position.
McDonald is finally on his correct side. But LAM is finally fit and he is pushed by graham all the time and that seem to work very well for him.
Will be interesting to see how we go against bunnies next week as I rate there forward more than any team we have played so far

gitano

Juniors
I am still not convinced of Lafai and Aitken. I would like to see McGreggor give Mann a go in either of their positions with 20 to go. I don't think Mann is a lock either. He could be better than Lafai and Aitken.
Not in any of the areas that matter

Gareth67

First Grade
Saints b

You were right. I got a call out after 20 minutes. Watching it now on replay. Happy days and allowed to have a beer now. F**k work.

Glad that your finally home and now abled to put your feet up - enjoy your cold ale bud and send one up to Uncle Gus . :wink:

Belta

Juniors
I feel I'm mostly a positive poster but sorry, for some reason I've succumbed to being a whinger. What I'm finding increasingly difficult to ignore or justify is the selection of Nightingale, I'm finding it hard to find what he brings to the team. My biggest support of him was that he was very good at bringing the ball back with vigour. I feel that was his strength, perhaps I'm being too harsh but when you compare the involvement between the two wingers it's blatantly obvious one is contributing far less than other. Hopefully he will prove me wrong in coming weeks and leave me with egg on my face.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Not sure if you're being facetious but I'm watching it now on replay. This kid is a gun.

Not at all, i'm being dead serious. In fact I think he's next in line for the QLD fullback jersey after Slater packs it in.

Boyd is a pile of faeces at the moment, he doesn't deserve it. Ponga is looking like he could be one of those once in a lifetime players.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Totally agree gareth.
But there are a couple of other reason in my option.
1) Pickworth and HPU unit have had 2 years together and have work on all the players fitness.
2) The most important is that finally players are playing in there correct position.
McDonald is finally on his correct side. But LAM is finally fit and he is pushed by graham all the time and that seem to work very well for him.
Will be interesting to see how we go against bunnies next week as I rate there forward more than any team we have played so far
Yes will be a tough ask next Frid with our 5 day turn around and their 7

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Great game , the team had their minds on the task at hand . Special mention to Nene MacDonald as he is continuing to improve as each week passes and it's good to see he is taking to Ben Hunts kicks as hoped . Excellent all round performance by all .:flag_je:
Yes Nenes energy levels and enthusiasm as been the stand out for me in the team this year thus far....his runs have taken a huge load off out forwards when running the ball back