What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

macavity

Referee
Next Year yes. However, if we managed to snag him before the June 30 deadline Sione and Wighton will be our centres

Yeah.

Would feel good heading in to next year with a centre pairing of Ramien/Wighton

imagine

1. Ponga
2. SKD
3. Ramien
4. Wighton
5. Ross / sentient potato

6. Watson
7. Pearce

8. Ese'Ese
9. Griffin
10. Lillyman
11. Sione
12. Fitzgibbon
13. TPJ

14. Buhrer
15. Guerra
16. Saitifi
17. Ah Mau

Thats a bloody good team.

PhilGould

Bench
Definitely keen on Wighton as a left centre, provided we don't pay him what he's reportedly on now ($700k+).

I'd be more than happy to pay $600k for TPJ. As long as it's a long term deal I think it'd end up being unders by the end of it ala Ponga.

Noname36

First Grade
Wighton would be a great signing. He’s a much better centre than he is fullback, and if Ponga got injured we’d have a backup with a lot of fullback experience.

Yosh

Coach
Wighton as the Raiders guy? To be honest I haven't been in the loop that much the last couple of years but wasn't he supposed to be one the future stars for the blues a few seasons ago!? Has he carcked it or is he still decent and wanting a move?

PhilGould

Bench
Wighton as the Raiders guy? To be honest I haven't been in the loop that much the last couple of years but wasn't he supposed to be one the future stars for the blues a few seasons ago!? Has he carcked it or is he still decent and wanting a move?
He was being hyped up as a future Origin centre/winger, and whenever he's played there at club land he's looked good, but Sticky has stuck him at fullback for the past few seasons with mixed results.

He's got all the attributes of a great centre if he can get a real run there.

Spot On

Coach
A lot of Raiders players were being hyped for origin a while back. Whiton has played his best footy at centre/wing and only ever looked any good at fullback a few times imo. No idea why Ricky thinks otherwise.

I haven't read much about his current situation but from the little I have seen he is to face some serious charges isn't he?

Spot On

Coach
Not sure it is as simple as that.
Brown would be chased out of town if we didn’t re-sign Sione and gave his money to TPJ.

Would they be chasing him with pitch forks and stuff????

Brown has already flicked a lot of over paid or over hyped players from the club. If he's serious about staying long term he'll continue to recruit what we really need and get rid of any more dead wood or move players to where they may fit best.

Yosh

Coach
Would love to sign Wighton then. Seems like a no Brainerd if we get him on a decent contract, whatever that costs these days. Sione and a reserve grader ain't a premiership winning centre combo.

Swarzey

Bench
Whether it's been sensationalised by the media or not remains to be seen however Wighton's charges seem to set to rub him out of the game for quite some time. Whether he ends up in jail or not, the NRL won't register any contract that gets put to them by another club.

I don't think Wighton would be our answer to our centre problem regardless if this was happening or not but I digress.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
That's a signing I can get behind. Sures up the middle. Comes from a good system. More likely to get him than someone like Papa. We want fringe players from good cultures and good systems, not fat players from sh!t cultures and sh!t systems.