What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

PhilGould

Bench
He does all the things that go unnoticed by most, but hopefully he's not the best prop we sign for next season.

macavity

Referee
Our target list for next year should be:

TPJ
Shannon Boyd
Ah Mau

A decent centre - Wighton if he isn't behind bars.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Would take Shannon Boyd for the right $$$ and if he was prepared to trim down a bit, he was excellent in 2016 but their club culture has fallen apart since then so probably needs a change.

Otherwise Leeson Ah Mau would be a great buy, I would put his value at $400-$450k as he's in his prime and we could offer him a starting spot too. Him and Herman starting next year would be good.

TPJ would be a great signing too but not sure about his value. Given Herman is reportedly on $400k is TPJ really worth an extra $200k on top of that?

Glasby would be a solid pick up as well but he's another workhorse and even if we do get him I would still want us to get one of the above guys as well to be our pack leader.

Spot On

Coach
Glasby should be cheap and like a few we've signed you know exactly what you are going to get. He'll obviously make his tackles and a few hit ups. Nothing more.

Ah Mau has gobe to another level as a bench player Mr Knightside. I wouldn't expect him to be a starter. I hope we could nab him and another to start.

Knight Vision

First Grade

TPJ
Shannon Boyd
Ah Mau

Agree on all but Boyd. I think the interchange will be further reduced and while there will always be big men in the game I think big men with a motor, mobile, good lateral movement in D, footwork at the line and an offload are what we should be looking for. Boyd is just a tank

macavity

Referee
Agree on all but Boyd. I think the interchange will be further reduced and while there will always be big men in the game I think big men with a motor, mobile, good lateral movement in D, footwork at the line and an offload are what we should be looking for. Boyd is just a tank

Not many of those.

And no guarantee interchange will be reduced.

I rate Boyd, just needs to get to a better environment.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Would take Shannon Boyd for the right $$$ and if he was prepared to trim down a bit, he was excellent in 2016 but their club culture has fallen apart since then so probably needs a change.

Otherwise Leeson Ah Mau would be a great buy, I would put his value at $400-$450k as he's in his prime and we could offer him a starting spot too. Him and Herman starting next year would be good.

TPJ would be a great signing too but not sure about his value. Given Herman is reportedly on $400k is TPJ really worth an extra $200k on top of that?

Glasby would be a solid pick up as well but he's another workhorse and even if we do get him I would still want us to get one of the above guys as well to be our pack leader.
I'd always heard that Ese'ese was on around 550K

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors

TPJ
Shannon Boyd
Ah Mau

Very keen on TPJ and Ah Mau. Can’t see the broncos letting him go but can see the Dragons not having the cash for Ah Mau

Personally I’m not interested in Boyd. His size is a plus but he lacks mobility and didn’t have the biggest gas tank. Wouldn’t want to spend big money on him

Old dog

Juniors
We signed a few players this year, forwards/props Esee, Lillyman and Heighinton to go with DSaf and JSaf with backup from King etc. All good players, first grade standard mostly but not a stand out angry hard running, tough tackling, robust type, that's what we desperately need x 2. They would in turn fire up the others, Lillyman and Heighinton are very good buys but may not play on next season, any prop that fits the bill should be seriously considered and bid for.

PhilGould

Bench
Toohey said Herman is on around $400k a few days ago.

Interestingly, Tevita Pangai didn't travel back to Brisbane with the team, he stayed in town today for his god-daughter's (Sione's daughter) christening. Hopefully Brown and Mooney scheduled a lunch or dinner date with him too.

Latest posts