What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gerard Sutton

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The knock on was a 50/50 call I can live with.

The final penalty was shithouse but still correct. Boyd took a dive but Mbye was dumb.

No problem with Brisbane winning, they weren't good enough.

However, Sutton's refereeing in general has been sub-standard and the way he treated Klemmer (including that ridiculous penalty) leaves a lot to be desired. And I'm not sure what the benefit is of him refereeing with his brother as assistant when their other brother is the refs boss? Split them up ffs

The_Shield

Juniors
How is this knock back even up for debate? It’s clearly backwards. It goes almost what about a metre backwards. From where he touched it to where it lands it’s all backwards

___

Juniors
One of the many times the Broncos were not penalised. The ENTIRE SQUAD was off side, right in front of Sutton's own eyes, just as the ball was being played by the players foot.

IMG_0797.JPG

TheVelourFog

First Grade
I guess Lui's wasn't a knock on either then

I'd like them to retrospectively award the semi final to the Cowboys please

Tommy Smith

Referee
That was a blatant knock on.

You're either drunk or hate Rugby League to suggest that should have been play on.

Sean7

Juniors
The thing is though, whether you think it's a knock on or not, that's always ruled a knock on. So what the referee boss is actually saying is that they finally got one right.

Tommy Smith

Referee
100% tommy! (If you ignore the definition of a knock on and/or what actually happened.)
Someone argued the point well about momentum; similar to how a pass can travel forwards but be backwards out of the hands.

In this case it looked backwards because Isaako was moving backwards but the touch from the hands was forwards.

If that shit is not deemed a knock on going forwards then the game will turn into an epic mess.

gUt

Coach
The thing is though, whether you think it's a knock on or not, that's always ruled a knock on. So what the referee boss is actually saying is that they finally got one right.

That’s a much better argument as to why it as a bad call.