What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 9: Live Game Day Thread - Eels v Sharks, Saturday 05 May

TheRam

Coach
There is something seriously wrong when Matagi does his most powerful hit up of the match with 2 minutes to go.

That only proves my point merkin. We only look like world beaters when the opposition ease off that 5%. That's all it takes. Then our boys who are generally always trying start to put on the meters and power. Which is a false sense of quality from our boys.

TheRam

Coach
Knew it would be a tough night when Terepo gave a penalty after 40 seconds. No discipline from the kick off.
Would like to see Au’va back in the team.
Moera been off this year.
Lost his strength after cutting his hair, Sampson like.

This year???

TheRam

Coach
Ram who is your best 3 props in game.

Mine are as this

1 Fafita
2 Vaughn
3 Klemmer

Jnr needs to drop 4 or 5kgs and he can play 50mins.

That is probably very close but I still think that Jesse Bromwich is very much up there. Also if the Burgii bros keep playing like they have are also hard to beat, but they can have a relapse I suppose to the crap that they were offering the last couple of seasons. But If they keep it up, are right up there. And I also like Bunty Afoa, who is still only 21 188m tall and 101kg but growing. I think he is one to look out for.

TheRam

Coach
Good to see Rammy continuing with the positive energy he’s known and loved for

When we become a legitimate winning team you will see a side of me that will be absolutely giddy with positivity.

Till then we are f**ked merkin!!!

84 Baby

Referee
When we become a legitimate winning team you will see a side of me that will be absolutely giddy with positivity.

Till then we are f**ked merkin!!!
Come on be honest. You killed off that side of yourself decades ago.
You know what people really like about Gunco? Besides being supremely fit, he’s not that skilful but his positivity is infectious and it’s no real surprise to me that we are 2 from 4 with him and 0 from 5 without

Gazzamatta

Coach
And I reckon it will prove very costly.
Already has. Do they actually practice mid field bombs where nobody chases at training? Seems a strange strategy but its what we have week in week out except occasionally. Maybe im missing something. Im always up for a strong explanation.

Gazzamatta

Coach
You know what people really like about Gunco? Besides being supremely fit, he’s not that skilful but his positivity is infectious and it’s no real surprise to me that we are 2 from 4 with him and 0 from 5 without
Gutho dosent play last night we get beat by a hundred.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Already has. Do they actually practice mid field bombs where nobody chases at training? Seems a strange strategy but its what we have week in week out except occasionally. Maybe im missing something. Im always up for a strong explanation.
Our kick chase has been unacceptable all season!!!

That’s an attitude thing and something that needed to be addressed weeks ago. Questions need to be asked.

TheRam

Coach

No Parra killed that off years ago. You know what people really like about a football team? Besides being their team and the colours that they wear? Winning!!!!

Kornstar

Coach
If you think Paulo is as good as Fifita, then you're dreaming. Maybe if we had two or even three Paulo's you'd be right. Fifita has a massive engine, and can play for the full 80 at quality level if needed. Paulo has at best two 20 min stints at various levels during a game. I wish as much as I love Paulo that he was Fifita.

He may not be in Fafita's category (which i am not sure a specifically said he was as good as Fafita either) but he is certainly better than Matagi and seeing as how we were having to cover for him last night having Paulo in there would have made us much more competitive.

We lost by 2 points, Paulo could have been that difference up front we needed.

Also the reason i bring up Paulo is because we are linked to him and look like we have him, the lack of other options on the market makes him a massive benefit to us.

Dibs

Bench
We lost momentum when Kaysa threw the forward pass to Timmy in the first half. we were only down 4-6 and were on the attack . They scored soon after.
That can’t be right. @Chipmunk said we were out of the game for the first 74 minutes. So we must have lost it walking onto the field

Last edited:

Latest posts