What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury update

mxlegend99

Referee
Wait so we could be looking at adding Merrin. Yeo and Leota on the same day to our already existing injury list of Edwards. Mansour. Blake. Cleary. May. Browne and Mckendry. Without even including NSW Cup injuries?

What does a full strength line up look like? Will we even get 15 of our top 17 on the field again this year?

Edit
Actually May is now ready to return.

Kilkenny

Coach
Seriously it is getting ridiculous. Merrin likely to be out for four weeks. Unconfirmed rumours of injuries to Yeo & Leota and one week suspension for Hethrington.

Will we even be able to name 17 fully fit players to play Newcastle? By my calculations having looked our our top 30 players on the Panthers website we are down to 19-20 players if the four players mentioned above are unavailable for the Newcastle game.

DWZ, Chrichton, Peachy, Whare, Phillips, Maloney, Wallace, JFH, CHN, Kikau, Tamou, Katoa, RCG. Bench Egan, Ellis, Lui-Toso & May.

Club needs to appeal Hethrington suspension. Basically no choice.

Last edited:

Sime_11

Juniors
I remember frank Pritchard doing his heel on a sprinkler at training a few years ago .....

mxlegend99

Referee
I remember frank Pritchard doing his heel on a sprinkler at training a few years ago .....
Didn't Shane Rodney did his shoulder at home falling over on his deck?

Possibly playing with his kid. I remember a player getting injured playing with his kid. Although it might not even be a Panther. But im pretty sure Rodney missed the season with an injury not even footy related.

tripster

Juniors
There is an image of Merrin’s x-ray on NRL.com. They still say on the site that it is a fracture, but it doesn’t look like a fracture to me - just a bad dislocation. I can’t see any breaks in the bone at all.

When they say the bone was poking through the skin you can see why - the joint would have been pushing up quite hard against the skin.

Fingers crossed it is just a bad dislocation and we get some good news for once.

Attachments

• 8E735EBA-E467-4410-950A-97F69AAEA554.jpeg
    8E735EBA-E467-4410-950A-97F69AAEA554.jpeg
    289.3 KB · Views: 10

soc123_au

Staff member

Possibly playing with his kid. I remember a player getting injured playing with his kid. Although it might not even be a Panther. But im pretty sure Rodney missed the season with an injury not even footy related.
It was Rodney having a wrestle with Ben Ross I think. Or it could have been Swain. They were f**king around in the offseason.

Girds missed about 12 weeks once after getting his brother to run at him while on the piss.

In other news RCG used the wrong shampoo and has a grade 3 moustache tear. Going for scans and may miss origin.

Frankus

Juniors

IIRC David Kidwell did his ACL playing with his daughter (whilst at Souths).