What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 11 vs Warriors: Live Game Day Thread - 18th May 2018

Are you getting pumped?

• Total voters

Joely01

Bench
We are a dumb, disgraceful footy team.
The attack is non existant. We had enough chances tonight to win by 20, yet we lose.
I kinda feel for BA though, what changes can he make at the moment?
Half our starting team is injured...
his hands are tied at the moment.
Its clear half of these guys at the moment are fringe first graders, they are playing like it.
Watching them live, we are a very lazy footy team. Often walking and choosing to lay beside the ruck instead of pushing themselves up and getting into the defense line.
We are just extremely poor, embarrassing. And I’m pretty much done with this season.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What was the reason for our early season losses then when we had Brown, Hayne, Evans and T-Rex on the field?
The four of them never played together this year. And of course there was something terribly wrong with our form at the start of the year, as proven by the 50 point loss to fellow bottom dwellers Manly. I think at least a couple of people have overstayed their welcome at our club, and the coach might not be one of them.
...and why can we use injuries as an excuse but our opposition don’t need to? That was an ordinary Warriors outfit without TVS and SJ. We also lost to a depleted sharks and Penrith outfit.
It depends who’s missing. For a team with a lot of attacking talent they can afford to lose some attacking players. The Warriors were only missing three players from their top 17. We were missing seven.

Bazal

Post Whore
We have plenty of middle plod who tackle their asses off.

Which is why Scott was dropped and we carried KE and T-Rex on the bench.

It's just a shame that our pack has been smashed with injuries. Rate them or not, Mannah, Evans, T-Rex and KE all offer more than Scott. And obviously Brown offers a shitload more.

Bazal

Post Whore
Actually Mau has played his best games in 2 years spending time in the middle. I’m not advocating for Scott to play on an edge though. Give Marata a good crack, drop Scott and Tep and bring in Brown. This is my 17 going forward...

1. Hayne
2. Gennings
3. Jennings (1 more chance)
4. Guth
5. KA/Hoffman
6. Salmon
7. Moses
8. Alvaro
9. King
10. Peni
11. Mau (spending time in the middle)
12. Marata
13. Brown

14. Smith
15. Gower
16. Mannah/Matagi
17. Taka

Just on this, with the success of Ma'u in the middle, I wonder could we use Brown at prop in an effort to really get on the front foot?

8-Alvaro
9-Plod hooker
10-Brown
11-Tep or Taka
12-Marata or Tep or Taka
13-Ma'u

14-Plod utility hooker
15-Mannah
16-Terepo
17-Evans (when fit)

I dunno...probably never happen but it's a different approach from what we're doing now.

EDIT- I forgot Gower, he should slot in there somewhere too.

strider

Post Whore
Brown plays better when he doesnt have to be solely a battering ram ... he is definitely our #13

Bazal

Post Whore
Brown plays better when he doesnt have to be solely a battering ram ... he is definitely our #13

I dunno that he has to be a battering ram at prop, though. Peni certainly finds time to throw some passes and use his footwork (although to be fair we generally wish he wouldn't lol).

Anyway I'm just a muppet spitballing ideas that might change our luck.

Just on this, with the success of Ma'u in the middle, I wonder could we use Brown at prop in an effort to really get on the front foot?

8-Alvaro
9-Plod hooker
10-Brown
11-Tep or Taka
12-Marata or Tep or Taka
13-Ma'u

14-Plod utility hooker
15-Mannah
16-Terepo
17-Evans (when fit)

I dunno...probably never happen but it's a different approach from what we're doing now.

EDIT- I forgot Gower, he should slot in there somewhere too.
At hooker obviously.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Mau plays a pretty good battering ram though. Plenty of post contact metres and looks for offloads. They’d make a pretty good 1, 2 punch up the middle.

Bazal

Post Whore
Mau plays a pretty good battering ram though. Plenty of post contact metres and looks for offloads. They’d make a pretty good 1, 2 punch up the middle.

Exactly. Brown could still take the same runs he does now, he'd just be wearing 10.

Is Ma'u's form a result of moving into the middle, or something else? Seems odd to me that he's all of a sudden going on great runs after moving infield. Doesn't it maybe suggest the space out wide was restricted by other factors?

Latest posts