What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do we call time?

Go on a few other forums.
Ive read many say the eels pack is one of the weakest and softest theyve seen in years.

To many on here pre cum over Manu and Brown for being tough. Others teams have a whole forward pack of
If Bennets on outer he would be worth a last legacy. I reckon he would love it too.
Finish taking eels to a title.
Where would you play Darius?

strider

Post Whore
If we sack him, I'd offer it to Kevin Walters. Not as expensive and would lessen the impact of paying BA out.
Kevin Walters is massively un inspiring ... he seems like a complete dope when he commentates - doesnt inspire me to think he would have a clue coaching

I think he is constantly overlooked for NRL gigs cos he is just f**king average

Queensland success means f**k all ... i could have coached that team to wins

strider

Post Whore
The interchange messages come from the coaches box
I realise that ... but no one knows what the message was ... you are so blinded in blaming only one person .... i have no idea, maybe it was his fault - but i dont know .... maybe the final message was, "why the f**k did you send him on, i told you to wait"

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Kevin Walters is massively un inspiring ... he seems like a complete dope when he commentates - doesnt inspire me to think he would have a clue coaching

I think he is constantly overlooked for NRL gigs cos he is just f**king average

Queensland success means f**k all ... i could have coached that team to wins
Walters is shit but he's still better than Mark Maguire.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Thanks mate, although I wish I didn’t feel the need to post it.

Interestingly, the coach of that club spent months over the offseason with some very smart people (some were high profile NRL coaches) trying to find out how to achieve success after success.
So he wasn’t with the Eels then.

Oscarman

Juniors
We are AIDS and it will also make recruitment difficult without paying massive overs. What the f**k has happened?

Avenger

Immortal
So much for the old bullshit line of it starts from the front office. I blame Sterlo now. He is a deadset curse. Every player he has endorsed whether it be Tim Smith, Luke Kelly, Tom Humble or Kieran Foran has turned shit. All their careers have regressed. Now he has done it with Bernie Gurr and Brad Arthur.

The merkin should be muzzled like the black dude in Pulp Fiction.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So much for the old bullshit line of it starts from the front office. I blame Sterlo now. He is s deadset curse. Every player he has endorsed whether it be Tim Smith, Luke Kelly, Tom Humble or Kieran Foran has turned shit. All their careers have regressed. Now he has done it with Bernie Gurr and Brad Arthur.

The merkin should be muzzled like the black dude in Pulp Fiction.
Bring out the Gimp!!!

Gronk

Staff member
Exactly, yet the BA bedwetterswill have plenty to say in the morning when they change their soiled sheets for the 9th time this year.

You want people to respect your opinions, yet label those who don’t concur with yours as bedwetters ?

What I think is that BA has made some recruiting errors. These need to be fixed.

They can be fixed by BA or the new guy.

Who is to say that the new guy can coach better with the new squad than BA ? As I have said before, you dont punt the guy on top of the tree unless you have a better guy to replace him.

My view is that unless a premium coach us available (not some unemployed merkin from a failed gig) then you might as well stick with who you have. Like it or not he is a very good coach. Yes he has made mistakes, but haven’t we all.

hindy111

Post Whore
Id like to see 4 or 5 signings.

A class centre and id be happy to splash 500k.

A class winger and hasppy to splash 400k

Hayne or Jennings goes along with Bevan which free up cash there along with Hoffman or perhaps Auvau.

Second rower

Someone who can break the line. We may need 600k to get a decent one. Beau Scotts money gives 400k. KE leaves 300k so there is room.

Prop - We have junior so lets assume we used what had under cap to get him.

1 more prop and a hooker is what id like but has to be quality. So we need to find perhaps 1.2mill.

Where we have gone wrong is not a strong enough top 17 and lots of depth. We have too many guys on Nrl contracts who are in nsw cup or not in top 17 if all fit

Auvau,Hoffman,Scott,Matagi,Vave, W.Smith.

Id say most those guys are on over 200k. People are kidding self if think Vave and Matagi where cheap. They where playing first grade week in week out and playing dam good footy. Id lean towards closer to 300k then 200k. Even I was excited when signed the pair.
Hoffman also falls into this category and then there is Beau Scott.

Auvau and W.Smith after last years success would mean there deals where closer to 200k.
King im unsure but i reckon being a 1yr deal and him playing well last season we got burnt.
There is 1.5 mill worth of talent not good enough for our top 17....
Id rather a stronger top 17 and 6 back ups on 120k. Mainly juniors.

Rather then call upon Scott you have a Niakuore
For backs GL, Akafalou.....

The key is a strong top 17 with not many injuries but if do good juniors who can do job on cheap. What weve created is no path for young guys to be blooded. They have been blocked by average nrl players. It isnt an ideal system.

hindy111

Post Whore
And sign guys on the up. Guys with potential like we did w
You want people to respect your opinions, yet label those who don’t concur with yours as bedwetters ?

What I think is that BA has made some recruiting errors. These need to be fixed.

They can be fixed by BA or the new guy.

Who is to say that the new guy can coach better with the new squad than BA ? As I have said before, you dont punt the guy on top of the tree unless you have a better guy to replace him.

My view is that unless a premium coach us available (not some unemployed merkin from a failed gig) then you might as well stick with who you have. Like it or not he is a very good coach. Yes he has made mistakes, but haven’t we all.

Not that im aware of no.

As far as the bed wetting goes that stopped at 9

hindy111

Post Whore
Everyone blamed Des for dogs style and signings. To people beleive Des was managing the cap and if he was gee what the hell was going on?

He isnt a terrible coach. If you went for a guy like Des and had a guy like Brian Smith or the duke (argh bed wettings back) over see signings Id like the set up.

Our squad isnt winning cause there not happy or enjoying footy anymore.

Latest posts