What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

tripster

Juniors
He definitely let the westy come out for a second.

I was primed to hear him say 'merkin' because that's what the link says. I think he does say merkin, but now I am doubting myself and thought he might have just stumbled over his words. Or am I just over thinking it?

murraymob

Coach
Looking at the next three rounds for the Dragons and Souths, both of them you'd expect have a fairly easily run.

Souths play the Titans, Eels, and then the Cowboys. Parra are barely going to be able to field a team after what happened last night.

Dragons play the Dogs, Manly and then the Eels. Dogs are a bogey team for the Dragons, but you'd still have to think the Dragons are odds on to win those three games.

We have a much tougher period. We play the Raiders, the Roosters and Manly. I think we should beat Manly, but the games against the Raiders and Roosters are risky for us.

It might be that we end up closer to the bottom of the top 4 after the next few weeks. Hopefully we can still manage to beat the Raiders next week.
the dragons are busted .We are getting our injured back. They just getting injured .The dogs and manly are big chances to roll the dragons

mxlegend99

Referee
If you want some kicks do some Boyd Fraudner trolling in the NSW thread or any thread Albert starts.

The poor mans Isaah Yeo seems to be a sore topic for them.

Pomoz

Bench
Well that was an interesting game. It really highlighted the difference between a rookie, talented half and a guy who has been there and done that. Maloney bossed that game and in spite of making mistakes (I laughed at Gus saying "he has a terrible memory, he never remembers his mistakes") he took control and guided the team home.

Cleary was fine, he held his ground, defended well and steadied the ship. They ran at him a lot but they obviously forgot he is a nuggety unit who can tackle as well as anybody. I think he will be better with that under his belt and hopefully, the NSW forwards will give him a bit more room next time. Poor bloke got smashed a few times because the ball was given to him with QLD breathing down his neck.

I thought RCG started quietly and then just grew into it. Once he had a few runs and tackles under his belt he seemed to grow in confidence. NSW was treading water until he and Klemmer came back on in the second half and they gave NSW some forward momentum and also added some venom to the defence. He finished really strongly. 109m and 27 tackles is a great first up effort. He basically was able to do the same stats he can do at the Panthers, but against higher level opposition. His mongrel attitude fired up the other forwards.

Peachy also did well in his little cameo and managed to rack up 30 metres in his 7 minutes. Great effort and he looked well up for it.

Of the other newbies, I loved Cook and De Belins efforts and also thought Trbjeovic, Ado Carr and Mitchell went well. A bit disappointed in Vaughn though. I thought he looked a bit lost and we really stopped going forward when he was on. Roberts was also a bit too quiet, although to be fair there were large chunks of the game when we were going backwards and there was no space.

Is this the dawn of a Blue era?

mxlegend99

Referee
Maloney was the worst on ground... and the best. So many all or nothing plays that literally were both grest and horrible.

Gus nailed it with the memory thing. Clesry looked like he was happy to play safe footy. Maloney just didnt give a f**k. He treated it like a trial game nearly.

But Maloney has a 100% win rate in Origin when he has a Panthers player in ghe hslves win him.

1/1 with Moylan
1/1 with Cleary
Absolute trash when paired with Pearce.

age.s

First Grade
Cleary was ok. His kicking game was off, but they put way more pressure than he would be used to (hard to tell on tv but I can't believe they were getting up legally). In the second half Maloney and Cook took more responsibility and the variety was helpful. His defense was absolutely flawless though and he'll get much better with the ball as the team gets more minutes under its belt as a unit.

Thought QLD looked better organised, more physical and enthusiastic but we had way too much class in the spine. Teddy was unbelievable, Cook very good and Maloney controlled the game really well after the intercept. Our bench rotation was an issue too, with the physical battle being lost when RCG, Klemmer and De Bellin went off. Our issues look much easier to resolve than QLD though, who looked like they were the ones missing a touch of class (f**king finally!). That won't change until they bite the bullet and bring in Ponga imo.

No injuries to Panthers thankfully, though Maloney had a pretty impressive shiner at the end there.

mxlegend99

Referee
Maloney got a 9/10 for his performance.

He was strong. But f**k me throwing an intercept pass for a try that turns momentum for 15+ minutes. Throwing a forward pass that then swings momentun for a try.... those 2 errors alone are too much for a 9/10 game.

Latest posts