What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst experiences/fights at the footy

Bazal

Post Whore
Used to play for Hills district Bulls when I was 12 we played Endevour. We beat them and they were a good team their halfback was their best player but had a bad game. Their coach shoved him over after the game. That kids dad ran on the field started laying into the coach. Was hilarious.

What year? We might have played together lol

Walking into WIN stadium with a mate and his 9 year old, some hero Saints supporter grabs the 9 year old by his jersey and says "You're gonna lose today, merkin". Kid was 9.

On the NW hill at shark park, which is pretty lively with banter, a fat middle age souths fan cant cope with it and starts throwing haymakers at anyone nearby. He collects someone on the side of the head but falls over through the exertion and hits his head on the concrete.

Same hill. 14 year Dragons supporter does the same thing but manages to hit two people and then has to face the wrath of the entire hill by himself while shouting "YOU'LL NEVER WIN A PREMIERSHIP".

Last year on "Beer Hill" at Shark Park which is a wild old joint, some might remember footage of mosh pits erupting during the premiership year, a drunken teenager is being ejected by security who require assistance from the Police. He reacts to this by punching a female police officer in the face.

George Roses mum threatened my group. She was sitting behind us and got real pissed that one of my mates suggested George should take the shot at field goal during golden point. I think this may have been his debut match,

There was that woman at Origin pissing in her seat. That's up there.

mackdadday

Juniors
I remember as a kid at North Sydney Oval an old woman behind myself (about 7) and my grandfather screaming out 'don't touch them, Ricky (Walford), they've got Aids!' repeatedly.

beave

Coach
I was at the Rugby League World Sevens at the SFS, cant remember what year but either 2003/04.

If anyone went to these, they'll remember the games went over a period of about 6-7 hours each day into the evening, full strength beer.. get the gist?

Two things toward the end of the evening.. after friendly banter all around our bay from all sorts of supporters most for hours - someone said something, someone retaliated with something, I turned around from near the fence and saw 5 or 6 guys hopping over the seats toward us to fight anyone and everyone. We were all pissed to the eyeballs and no one could fight to save their life - A bloke came at me - took one drunken haymaker on the run and crashed into the fence between the seats upside down in pieces.. I have no-idea what started it.. Put it all down to booze.

After that settled down - there was a streaker who ran on the field at the north end.. through the goalposts, the length of the entire field with security guys flailing in his wake, under the southern goal-posts, hopped the fence and up the race - all to the whole crowd roaring and cheering him on.. he was a certaintly to get away with it.

Then some oaf got up out of his seat and punched him to the ground in the stands. The crowd went nuts and when security arrived not long after - they were protecting the oaf from a riot they had on their hands - everyone wanted a piece of him. Twat.

Not long after they ceased playing the 7's.

I was gonna say this one as well mate (2003). Saturday was great until the streaker got hosed in the stands after that the arvo turned into chaos. ANd sunday it was clear everyone was topping up from the day and night before. I saw a bloke punch a chick in the face in the eastern terrace and it was on for young and old. Parra jesus had to calm shit down in the northern end, doggies fans and eels fans were at each other pretty early on.

Only full strength piss was available both days, it only heightened stupidity in the crowd.

King hit

Coach
Everybody has bad stories about the Bulldogs supporters but I must be in the minority that hasn't had bad experiences with Bulldogs fans. I've been to a couple of Bulldogs matches and didn't feel threatened once by them. I've meet and known Bulldogs fans over the years and they were all very good people.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Didn’t think of mentioning my playing days but have seen a parent run into the field more than once. Was on the receiving end of one of these in under 14s. This was the 3rd time I had knocked this player out cold in an 18 month period and his mum just snapped and stormed out and grabbed me by the back of the color. This player turned out to be an nrl player who is a former bronco, titan, Hull fc, is currently facing drug charges and initials is sm.

Worst experience is still being involved in a tackle where the ball runner snapped their femur. The crack itself is a sound you never forget but the howls of pain after it is just haunting

beave

Coach
Didn’t think of mentioning my playing days but have seen a parent run into the field more than once. Was on the receiving end of one of these in under 14s. This was the 3rd time I had knocked this player out cold in an 18 month period and his mum just snapped and stormed out and grabbed me by the back of the color. This player turned out to be an nrl player who is a former bronco, titan, Hull fc, is currently facing drug charges and initials is sm.

Worst experience is still being involved in a tackle where the ball runner snapped their femur. The crack itself is a sound you never forget but the howls of pain after it is just haunting

You knocked out Scott Minto......????

beave

Coach
Wasn’t a titan

I heard he is in the bedroom.......

images

ReddFelon

Juniors
Kangaroos v Kiwis 2016 in Perth, absolute Mong kiwi thot was throwing Pepsi bottles at people in front of her, ended up watching a skank on skank brawl while all the men in a 6 row vicinity laughed.

I was gonna say this one as well mate (2003). Saturday was great until the streaker got hosed in the stands after that the arvo turned into chaos. ANd sunday it was clear everyone was topping up from the day and night before. I saw a bloke punch a chick in the face in the eastern terrace and it was on for young and old. Parra jesus had to calm shit down in the northern end, doggies fans and eels fans were at each other pretty early on.

Only full strength piss was available both days, it only heightened stupidity in the crowd.

Absolutely spot-on, was a great event but add piss for hours, absolute carnage.

On the flipside, one of the funniest things I've ever seen was a fight in the crowd at the SFS, early 90's. I was walking through the back of the seating near the food/drinks areas when a mild roar then welled up into a huge roar echoing around the concrete - definitely distinct from something that happened in the game..

A fight had kicked off in the walkways, a fair way from me but over the heads of onlookers looking at what was kicking off I could see this big brown hairy thing being shaken all around.. thinking WTF then I twigged what it was..

It was the Paddle-Pop Lion!

Copping a hiding!

Another mate was closer than I was and described it that the Paddle Pop Lion bumped into people or vice versa, beers were spilt, the bloke who dropped it wasn't happy, then it was on..

It still makes me piss myself laughing anytime I remember it to this day.

Last edited:
I’ve seen a few car park scraps over the year, especially outside the sfs. Saw a tigers fan nail a :rooster: fan with a cracking roundhouse back in the 90s, was over before it began though as the cops saw it :cop:♀️

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Rarely go to junior footy games these days, just too many dickheads losing their shit at the kids, coaches and refs (who are often just kids themselves).

One time sticks out there was a big incident between my junior club and another teams parents, I was around 15/16 at the time and watching maybe an under 10s/11s game. A large mother from the other club approached one of the fathers of our club and proceeded to bite him and take a hefty chunk of his face off Mike Tyson style in the process... then he punched her out cold and it was on for young and old as you can imagine.

I finished playing shortly after that left the club but I’m pretty sure there was a lawsuit involved.

Also watching my younger brother take up reffing for one year, I used to go to games with him as some form as security after his very first game a group of parents threatened to bash him in the car park... this was after an under 8s game and my bro being about 14/15 years old

Latest posts