Worst experiences/fights at the footy

Discussion in 'NRL' started by The Vaulting Violinist, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Life's Good

Life's Good Coach

What is wrong with these people? Sadly, it happens all too often across a lot of junior sport. I’ll never forget a father admonishing his 8 y/o son in front of his teammates, other parents, opposition team and thinking if old mate is like that to his kid in the open then heaven forbid he must be a monster at home.

Lambretta and Smack like this.
  2. beave

beave Coach

I played footy out at Moorebank during my middle teens after moving down with my old man from NQ. I saw all kinds of shit playing in the canterbury district, we got spat on by parents of the opposition running out of the players race at Belmore during the finals, opposition players would wait for us after games to start shit in the car park, it was very eye opening for a kid from NQ that had never really seen that side of footy before. Tvl footy had its own issues but nothing like the shit I experienced in Sydney.

The worst thing I was exposed to though was playing at Berala, during the warm up we heard a train tooting it’s horn nearby on the train line and then a blood curdling scream from a woman. 5 mins later cops were screaming across from everywhere, one of the parents went over to see if everything was alright, apparently a chick had had enough and let the train take her life........ They should have called the f**king game off but they didn’t.

3. carcharias

carcharias Immortal

Had rocks thrown at me while playing wing at Como.
    Pub across the road.
    Como crowd were blind
    They missed me ... because Como were hopeless ...on and off the feild.

Lambretta, juggalo and Pedge1971 like this.
  4. kdalymc

kdalymc Bench

Aussies are f**ken wankers hey

5. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

03439B31-7B3D-4C03-AC52-2BF4CCB47495.jpeg Watching games in England in mid eighties was always a risk. Been bricked at Halifax, coins thrown at us in Leeds, countless battles at the hull derby games but the stand out was the infamous 1981 Good Friday battle at boulevard when all hell broke lose. I was only eleven and scared shtless!

Pleased to say by the nineties it had calmed down and became a lot more sporadic but when hull and rovers fans get together there is usually some stink between the brain dead section.

6. SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Coach

Reminds me of the Warriors vs Roosters game at Gosford a couple of years back, Dylan Napa spilled to pill at his own end and we gave it to him, some middle aged woman started yelling abuse at as, including telling me to “go back to NZ”. Got the last laugh when RTS scores the winning try in the final minutes, haha

7. the_flight_of_the_magpie

the_flight_of_the_magpie First Grade

Souffs fans are the worst, when ever they lose they look to start a scrap

when they win they also look to start a scrap

8. WireMan

WireMan Bench

In the rugby my home towns ground was called the zoo by opposition players and supporters. So as you can probably imagine I have seen a fair few incidents.
    All a bit nice now, i saw a pie eater have his shirt set on fire (whilst he was wearing it) but nothing to bad.

In the football watching united anywhere back in the day was a laugh a min. The biggest threat nowadays is from euro police.

9. The Vaulting Violinist

The Vaulting Violinist Juniors

How do you think it’ll play out in Russia? I’m expecting some horrific violence in the stands

10. The Vaulting Violinist

The Vaulting Violinist Juniors

Yeh they are up there for sure. Seem to attract a lot of the meth heads from Redfern and surrounding areas. Lots of loose younger fans as well that look for trouble

11. juggalo

juggalo Juniors

Go the Mo!

12. veggiepatch1959

veggiepatch1959 First Grade

I was about 14 when I watched what might have been an A grade game there on a Sunday arvo.

Would have been no less than five all in brawls during the second half. It was great fun as a spectator.

carcharias likes this.
  13. kbw

kbw Juniors

Every club has feral deluded supporters that are utterly obnoxious.
    Funny thing is its usually the ones that can't fight are the worst.

David brown likes this.
  14. DIOGENES

DIOGENES Juniors

1961 Kurri Kurri Oval. West Rosellas flogged the Kurri Kurri Roosters.
    I was 5 and wearing the Red and Green cardigan my granny knitted me.
    As we walked out an adult (in retrospect, probably a 12 year old) spat on it and told me to "go and dip my eye in luke-warm Cocky shit"

15. David brown

David brown Juniors

Thats just people in General... Usually the merkins that couldn't knock the froth of a beer are the mouthy merkins.. People that can handle themselves are the majority of the time the humble ones...

Life's Good likes this.
  16. Frank Discussion

Frank Discussion Juniors

Always had trouble at Como as a player, coach and supporter.

The mob on the eastern hill in front of the pub try to set records for baiting opposition players. It's usually made up of u18s players on the drink and a few reserve graders. In A grade I've seen wingers, who are the usual target of the abuse, jump the rope and start throwing them at least twice. I've seen good, tough, experienced players reduced to tears at the merciless abuse. That crowd was responsible for rendering Matt Hilder, who was going around for Cronulla Caringbah post retirement and ten miles too good for A grade, utterly useless.

17. kbw

kbw Juniors

I have heard all sorts of stories of how feral and disgraceful at times the Asquith Crowd are, but the only time I went there for SS and RM was this year and it was so calm and even felt family friendly.

Some of the funniest supporters are the West Magpies group that follow the Massey and ISP. They can be very funny and very unforgiving. Yet at the end of the game I have seen them applaude opposition teams as well as their own

18. _Johnsy

_Johnsy Referee

Zac Strassers Mum I believe, imagine that a contracted players Mum doing that. All class. It must be something about urine & Broncos fans, 2003 I was at the Dragons / Broncs game. Sitting in the away supporters bay & some bogan dead shit QLD’er threw a cup full of piss down on the Dragons fans.

19. Timbo

Timbo Moderator Staff Member

It’s not just league. I played Union as a kid and we had four parents banned - two of them were our coaches - for abusing a 13 year old ref after a game. I’d have been in the U9s at the most.

Sideline hero’s living out their dreams through their kids. To my parents credit, they pulled me out of that side immediately after.

20. Front-Rower

Front-Rower Bench

The scences after that Tigers vs. Dragons semi in 2005 over in the Moore Park car park were pretty bad. I remember an all in where one bloke was on the ground with blood gushing out of all parts of his head.

Smack likes this.