What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons sign Korbin Sims

hazzbeen

Bench
if the Dragons fade away this season and play an elimination final in the first round, do you guys reckon Mary gets the flick?

From where you were early on in the year and with the roster you have and also luck with injuries, if you guys aren't in the top 4, he has to go
Agree there .....

Frank Facer

First Grade
if the Dragons fade away this season and play an elimination final in the first round, do you guys reckon Mary gets the flick?

From where you were early on in the year and with the roster you have and also luck with injuries, if you guys aren't in the top 4, he has to go
So would you like Brisbane to have Nightingale on one of your wings and a centre pairing of Aitken and Lafai?

I don't think we were ever going to win a comp with those above mentioned players.

SBD82

Coach

He should, but won't.

Top 8 was his benchmark after missing out last year. He could squeeze into 8th on F/A and get belted in the 1st week and he'd still be retained.

St Georgio

Juniors
I think Supercoach might be back as a back up to Mary, I reckon Bennett will take over from Mary end of 2019, I believe Mary will win the comp this year and next year comp;then Bennett will take over the following years with more premierships, Mary has had a long enough rest to hit the hardest again, we are the greatest!

TruSaint

Referee
So would you like Brisbane to have Nightingale on one of your wings and a centre pairing of Aitken and Lafai?

I don't think we were ever going to win a comp with those above mentioned players.

He didnt say win the comp.
he said " if we aren't in the top 4 " then Mary should go.

he is damn right.

Leading the comp for 2/3rd's of the season and ending up at position 8 , 7 or even 6 is a failure.

Mary should walk or be sacked ( I know he wont ).

The Damo

Juniors
Exactly what has he shown to indicate he will actually have prime years?
As I said an upgrade on Latimore
Playing U20’s Origin, junior kangaroos,
Getting debuted by Bennett, signed by Bennett, poached and re-signed by Bennett, being selected by Bennett in his top 17 around 60 times, fringe Qld origin squad during their historically dominant period, 7 internationals for Fiji.
Seeing as Bennett generally is a pretty good judge that’s a pretty good resume

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
The thing about Bennett recommending Korbin S. has really piqued my interest, Is it usual practise for an opposing coach to provide such a glowing assessment, especially when it was thought the Broncos wanted to retain him?

Is there any correlation between McGregor and Bennett’s future still undecided?

Dare to dream.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
The thing about Bennett recommending Korbin S. has really piqued my interest, Is it usual practise for an opposing coach to provide such a glowing assessment, especially when it was thought the Broncos wanted to retain him?

Dare to dream.

Saint jimmy
You know the truth Mary to brisbane and uncle wayne to us.
Sure

Brutalitops

Juniors
I just read that Brisbane are apparently going to sign Haas to a 6 year deal for 500K a season. That is a bargain if I have ever seen one. Unless there is a massive 3rd party deal that hasn't been mentioned, Haas should sack his manager.
Yeah, nobody is worth a 6 year deal after 36 minutes of first grade before immediately getting injured for the season

Frank Facer

First Grade
Yeah, nobody is worth a 6 year deal after 36 minutes of first grade before immediately getting injured for the season
I disagree, I think that Brisbane have got themselves a bargain. I would be wrapped if we had managed to sign Haas to a 6 year contract for a reported 575K a season. That would be a Ponga like bargain.

Belta

Juniors
I’m happy we added a FG player to replace Ah Mau. With Host looking good in his short cameo’s and Leilua also showing some good form, I’m feeling positive about our pack looking forward.

I’m predicting Simms to be a good fit, doesn’t have the raps of say a Klemmer, TPJ or Tapau but I’m predicting him to be a astute acquisition and coming to us at a good age for a prop. Surrounded by Origin forwards, and under the tutelage of Vaughan (who seems to be getting even better and close to the top Prop in competition) and Graham (who I didn’t think much of but am now a huge fan of) Simms will definitely improve, and he only really has to give us go forward which I’m confident he will.

Maybe I’m a romantic but I’m glad I support a club who doesn’t try to buy a premiership and I’m sure deep down FF you don’t either.

mobels

Juniors
I disagree, I think that Brisbane have got themselves a bargain. I would be wrapped if we had managed to sign Haas to a 6 year contract for a reported 575K a season. That would be a Ponga like bargain.
Haas has played 2 games of first grade in which he went off injured in both.

He didn’t dominate the 20’s or NSW Cup like Ponga since he’s still so young and his size is one of his biggest advantages.

A 6 year contract is a massive risk on Brisbane’s part.

blaza88z

Coach
Haas has played 2 games of first grade in which he went off injured in both.

He didn’t dominate the 20’s or NSW Cup like Ponga since he’s still so young and his size is one of his biggest advantages.

A 6 year contract is a massive risk on Brisbane’s part.

Of course it's a risk but there was a whole heap of clubs lining up, risk well worth taking if you ask me

blaza88z

Coach

Dare to dream.

Bennett wants to move into a Phil Gould style role at Brisbane after his current coaching stint is up

Latest posts