What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
It says Parra's offer was worth $105k before they pulled it. This is after Lamb rejected our offer of $250k earlier this year.

It’s kind of a sad reflection of how entitled this generation of players is. A 21 year old who has played about 30 games of first grade is offered $250k per year (more than most people will ever earn in a year) and turns it down expecting to get double. Then his manager comes out and says we never made an offer.

Seriously what a joke, I really don’t care if we keep him or not at this point.

Knight Vision

First Grade
It’s kind of a sad reflection of how entitled this generation of players is. A 21 year old who has played about 30 games of first grade is offered $250k per year (more than most people will ever earn in a year) and turns it down expecting to get double. Then his manager comes out and says we never made an offer.

Seriously what a joke, I really don’t care if we keep him or not at this point.
indeed it is.

Same with Danny Levi earlier this year. Felt entitled to the first grade jersey and spat the dummy and wanted to go. If ya good enough ya get the chocolates, if ya not .....work harder.

It's an interesting insight into their mindset and I'd say that mindset doesn't carry over to success in life let alone pro footy. So they have 3 choices , 1) harden the f**k up and work or 2) enjoy reggies, or 3) a 9 to 5 job earning peanuts. quite simple really.

Knight Vision

First Grade
It says Parra's offer was worth $105k before they pulled it. This is after Lamb rejected our offer of $250k earlier this year.

I'd come back and offer 120K, 7 days to make up ya mind or bye bye.

Lamb needs to change his mindset or his career is over before it really got started. There is some talent locked up in there somewhere but at the moment it appears to be the battle between the ears for the kid

macavity

Referee
I'd come back and offer 120K, 7 days to make up ya mind or bye bye.

Lamb needs to change his mindset or his career is over before it really got started. There is some talent locked up in there somewhere but at the moment it appears to be the battle between the ears for the kid

I wouldn’t offer him anything

Swarzey

Bench
We still need depth and there isn't much on the market. Reduced contract than the first; no other club wants him currently so he won't have any option. No need to take the way he handled it to heart so much.

macavity

Referee
For the past 4-5 years coming through the ranks, playing some very good games, yes this season not so good, he deserves an offer, not big but not insulting, we all would have signed him last year

He stays he will be a cancer. You need hungry blokes, not blokes who think they have earned it and aren't getting it.

I reckon we won't make him an offer.

Lamb would be better off at another club and I reckon we would be too.
He has talent and potential but is in the 'rebuild rut '.

Last edited:

Burwood

Bench
I can't see them ever letting RCG go unfortunately. Merrin would be a useful pickup if some of his contract is covered, Tamou I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

Latest posts