What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

macavity

Referee
I can't see them ever letting RCG go unfortunately. Merrin would be a useful pickup if some of his contract is covered, Tamou I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

They will surely try to move one or both. Tamou moved there to be near family so Merrin more likely. Would be a good 13 for us, still rate him.

Old dog

Juniors
It's the coach, he has been sacked immediately, not season end, nothing about players, cap or unhappy situations, let's wait and see, no good buying players that won't be available

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Would take Merrin if he became available, in fact I would take just about any Penrith player who became available at this point, they’re pretty much all upgrades on what we’ve got.

Burwood

Bench
It's the coach, he has been sacked immediately, not season end, nothing about players, cap or unhappy situations, let's wait and see, no good buying players that won't be available

They would need to be the first coach in history to come into a club and not want to make some changes to the playing roster. Even with Gould as GM, I can’t see any coach agreeing to let him have 100% control of the roster.

Still Nutty

Juniors
They would need to be the first coach in history to come into a club and not want to make some changes to the playing roster. Even with Gould as GM, I can’t see any coach agreeing to let him have 100% control of the roster.
As Cameron Ciraldo seems to have already been strongly endorsed by Gould, he has the potential to be the long term coach. Whilst there is some speculation about Gould wanting Cleary back, I reckon the Tigers would be unlikely to let him go...and I think another left field option might be Freddy Fittler.

If Ciraldo stays, I would suspect he potentially has a good relationship with the existing playing crop and the young up and comers and there are not likely to be too many changes in the roster for the next season, particularly if they step up now Hook is gone and go reasonably deep into the 2018 finals series.

I'd also be happy with Merrin and certainly RCG, if they came on the market but a bit like Klemmer, they are more likely to keep most of there strong talent and it would be more likely they would push Tamou out before RCG or even Merrin for mine, who is contracted to the end of 2020.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I’m not sure if signing an English half from ESL is the answer. English forwards have proven themselves to be pretty good over here but when was the last time an English half or 5/8 came to the NRL and did really well? For the record Gareth Widdop doesn’t count because he came to Australia when he was 16 so played all his senior footy here.

I’m open to anyone as long as they’re better than Lamb/Cogger but I wouldn’t want us paying big coin to a guy like that (not to mention a transfer fee) given he’s unproven in the NRL.

macavity

Referee
I’m not sure if signing an English half from ESL is the answer. English forwards have proven themselves to be pretty good over here but when was the last time an English half or 5/8 came to the NRL and did really well? For the record Gareth Widdop doesn’t count because he came to Australia when he was 16 so played all his senior footy here.

I’m open to anyone as long as they’re better than Lamb/Cogger but I wouldn’t want us paying big coin to a guy like that (not to mention a transfer fee) given he’s unproven in the NRL.

This is the guy that carved up the Kiwis.

I understand the concern, but worth a punt.

Particularly given we are going to be without Griffin for at least half a year.

Transfer fees are only a problem if you don't have the money.

Knight Vision

First Grade
he's a depth player, could be a fleck of gold at the coal face though. I'd be more excited if it was a prop we were looking at though

Knight76

Juniors
he's a depth player, could be a fleck of gold at the coal face though. I'd be more excited if it was a prop we were looking at though

No way a current GB test player is coming here to play reserves. If they are bringing him here it is to play 5/8, with Watson moving to bench.

Bartwah

Juniors
I was throwing shade when it was announced we were chasing Matt lodge before he signed with the Broncos, but boy it’d be good to have a prop that plays like he does. No, I don’t agree with his previous actions

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I was throwing shade when it was announced we were chasing Matt lodge before he signed with the Broncos, but boy it’d be good to have a prop that plays like he does. No, I don’t agree with his previous actions

It’s such a shame that he would come with such negative publicity because he’s been playing pretty well and is along the lines of what we need in our pack.

That being said I think the rules are totally wrong when a guy who stalked two women then broke into an apartment building and threatened people’s lives as well as committing assault is allowed back into the game when another guy who pissed in his own mouth on a night out isn’t. Obviously I’m referring to Todd Carney who acted like a DH but didn’t do any harm to others so seems like massive double standards.

I’m glad we’re not going after him anymore because deep down it would feel pretty shit cheering for that guy running around representing my team.

Latest posts