What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Woosh

Head Moderator
Have we got any halves in the making?
Cogger and Lamb were spoken of highly for so long but have failed for us They might well do better elsewhere.
It doesn't give me much confidence in our lower grades despite them being exposed to firsts way too early

Word is we are looking at Boyd.
Thank god Mooney reads the forums.

Old dog

Bench
Loughrey, Birch and Hoy look promising in u20, think Hoy can play u20 next year but not the other two. Think they can handle reserves next year but would tread cautiously with 1sts so we definately need backup even if Lamb stays and Johns comes good. Loughrey and Birch played a game or two in reserves this year I think.

PhilGould

Bench
“It’s not true – we haven’t even spoken to Corey Oates and won’t be,” he said.

“From all reports, he wants to play in the backrow next season which is why he is currently looking at his options. We don’t have any spots available.

“It’s just another example of us being thrown in the mix for any off-contract players simply because everyone knows we are in a good position financially.”

He confirmed the Knights are in talks with Souths centre Hymel Hunt and Melbourne Storm utility Scott Drinkwater, who can play fullback or in the halves.

“Hunt is versatile, can play centre or wing and is capable of playing on either the left or right side which is a real plus and Drinkwater has been in the Storm system but is originally from the Central Coast which could be to our advantage,” Brown said.

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/...aroons-star-on-the-recruitment-radar/?cs=7580

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
I know we are trying to build a great culture, but would we be willing to look at french? If he leaves Parramatta and with Ponga most likely looking at a move to 5/8 eventually do we make a move?

1. French
2. Lee
3. Raimen
4. Watson
5. Skd
6. Ponga
7. Pearce.

Would be lovely to look at, i hope Moga can come back, but with the damage done to his knee he is mid season next year at absolute best.

I know we are trying to build a great culture, but would we be willing to look at french? If he leaves Parramatta and with Ponga most likely looking at a move to 5/8 eventually do we make a move?

1. French
2. Lee
3. Raimen
4. Watson
5. Skd
6. Ponga
7. Pearce.

Would be lovely to look at, i hope Moga can come back, but with the damage done to his knee he is mid season next year at absolute best.

No and Ponga isn't looking to move to 5/8.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
We need to somehow incorporate the number 6 onto the back of all our jerseys next year to appease the Ponga to 5/8 crowd.

Well unless Watson wants to learn how to kick a ball, it’s pretty damn easy to jam Pearce when he is the only one kicking currently.

In the set up i put up, Watson gets to use his foot work out in the centres, Ponga becomes the second play maker and French is pretty damn good at backing up through the middle, something we are lacking.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Game breaker ? Ponga, Watson, Ramien ? Our backline is looking pretty good next season.

Oates isnt a 700K a season game breaker.

We need depth in a lot of positions but are in desperate need of props.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I am going to be chuckling if the Dragons get him, as if they need another big body

He would be a good signing but as mentioned, probably not at 700k
I would sign Oates to play centre for us. I think he could make a very good centre. He has a great build for a centre. Although, I don't know about paying him 700K a year.

I think Oates could make a good edge backrower, that is the position he was playing when he was first promoted to first grade. I initially thought he was going to be a great secondrower.

I do agree that 700K a year for an edge backrower who hasn't established himself in that position is way too much. I also think that 700K for any winger in the comp is way too much. There aren't many centres in the comp who would be worth 700K, probably only Inglis and Mitchell.

Frank Facer

First Grade
He isn't playing back row at the dragons. Ever.

If he wants to go to the dumpster fire that is Parra, good luck to him.

I hope we pitch him on a centre spot. Moga is a long shot, and squad flexibility is invaluable.

And yes 700 is overs, but 5-600k when we have money to burn could work short term, as long as we are smart. And we should be reminding him that he will burn easy 50k a year extra just living in Sydney.
You would do well with a centre pair on Oates and Ramien.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
Toohey article saying Brown the Eels have withdrawn their $205K offer to Lamb. It looks like we can probably resign him for around $100K. Dennis has apparently declined an offer from us. Hymel Hunt is having a visit. I personally think he would be great depth

Latest posts