What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
How good would it be if tigers snuck into top 8. And Panthers finished 5th which is likely.
Then Goulds soldiers just destroyed them. Like 50 - 0. Shows Ivan who is boss

Glenneel

Bench
Are you drunk? FFS how are we throwing juniors on the scrap heap?

We have 8 players, in stone, kafusi, Mahoney in the top 21 this week, plus brown, Dunster, GL, Fainga’a and Utoikamanu in NSW cup - who have played 20’s for us. Plus a 19 year old Salmon and Marata who we poached from the warriors in our top 13.

That’s 10 players all between the ages of 18-22 playing NSW cup / NRL.

What more do you want the club to do? Come on, rather then just making statements actually say what else they should do that they aren’t already doing?
Go back to Pou's comment which my post is based on. Tell me what Jersey Flegg players (particularly forwards) will get a NRL contract next year? That's the area we desperately need to strengthen.

hindy111

Post Whore
Go back to Pou's comment which my post is based on. Tell me what Jersey Flegg players (particularly forwards) will get a NRL contract next year? That's the area we desperately need to strengthen.

I reckon these will

Salmon,Mahoney x 100%

High chance Kafusi,Stone,Brown,

Possible - Haze

I doubt others will untill the following year

Glenneel

Bench
Could not have said it better myself, this is exactly why he deserves to be here next year, and we should realistically have won 4 of our last 5 so it’s not like we are not ultra competitive lately
You have a valid argument why he should stay but equally there are valid points when others say nothing has changed with our attack or defence since 2014. A coach has to evolve but BA has stagnated. The roster, particularly the forwards, are all BA and honestly we have hardly anyone that another club would want.

hindy111

Post Whore
You have a valid argument why he should stay but equally there are valid points when others say nothing has changed with our attack or defence since 2014. A coach has to evolve but BA has stagnated. The roster, particularly the forwards, are all BA and honestly we have hardly anyone that another club would want.

I reckon that most our players would find another club easy enough. MJ seems the hardest to shed and Taka to me seems redundant along with Hoffman. Those 3 I would offload before Norman. But I reckon BA has made it clear what wants. Our new 5/8 will be Salmon. He gets first shot.

Delboy

First Grade

Do you understand that Pou is based interstate and those among us that attend junior reps have never seen him.

There are some really good juniors coming through, since BA and Field started their programmes, these are the juniors now moving towards 19/20 who will be entering with the opportunity to train with theNRL side over the summer. Stefano Uiticamo ( that's the short spelling) will be one to watch, along with others. Pou is a good guy who trawls through posts and makes calls on what he reads.

We have 2 19 year old playing NRL this week, with another on the bench. Look at ISP and you will see another 4 or 5 being prepared for higher opportunities. The platform has been set in place, we should see them progres through over the next 2/3 years, the doomsayers don't want to wait and unfortunately don't know.

hindy111

Post Whore
Do you understand that Pou is based interstate and those among us that attend junior reps have never seen him.

There are some really good juniors coming through, since BA and Field started their programmes, these are the juniors now moving towards 19/20 who will be entering with the opportunity to train with theNRL side over the summer. Stefano Uiticamo ( that's the short spelling) will be one to watch, along with others. Pou is a good guy who trawls through posts and makes calls on what he reads.

We have 2 19 year old playing NRL this week, with another on the bench. Look at ISP and you will see another 4 or 5 being prepared for higher opportunities. The platform has been set in place, we should see them progres through over the next 2/3 years, the doomsayers don't want to wait and unfortunately don't know.

Any chance of some sort of update on what will happen to guys like Noel,tui aofalo,Dressler.... Was some big wraps on a few of these guys. Are they in the clubs plans?

Glenneel

Bench
I reckon these will

Salmon,Mahoney x 100%

High chance Kafusi,Stone,Brown,

Possible - Haze

I doubt others will untill the following year
Now I don't see any Jersey Flegg and can only go on what others say about our juniors but these have received honourable mentions and all will be around 20 or older next year:
Steve Dresler, Salesi Faingaa - skilful
Michael Tupou - powerful
Stefano Utikamanu - although only 18 has been promoted to Wenty so club highly rates him - maybe development contract next year,
The above forwards are the ones I hope the club brings into NRL squad and spends time developing them. Do you have anything further to add Hindy?

Glenneel

Bench

No I didn't know that about Pou and I am based on Gold Coast. As I've stated multiple times I can only go on what other people closer to the action say which is based on reading TCT articles mainly.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We don’t need to see them play. Coaches and rep selectors do that. We just need to pay attention to which rep teams they make, and at what age they play in the various grades.

That’s far more reliable than trusting the observation of some bloke who played inside centre for Edensor Park J grade back in the 70s.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Now I don't see any Jersey Flegg and can only go on what others say about our juniors but these have received honourable mentions and all will be around 20 or older next year:
Steve Dresler, Salesi Faingaa - skilful
Michael Tupou - powerful
Stefano Utikamanu - although only 18 has been promoted to Wenty so club highly rates him - maybe development contract next year,
The above forwards are the ones I hope the club brings into NRL squad and spends time developing them. Do you have anything further to add Hindy?

You do realise Kaufusi who is only 19 this year has been named in our NRL 21 man squad this week?

Gazzamatta

Coach
Poor form by Gus. Poor management as well. All this could have been done with the usual spin and denials. It appears Gus took the opportunity to let everyone know that "Hes da man".
Griffin would have shocked Gus with his comments no doubt but they were in response to Gus big noting himself. Again Gus should have remained calm and not responded. Again he has to show everyone what a great bloke he is and how important he is. Whoever you believe it matters not. The fact that Gus has involved himself in a sh*t fight shows his worth as a manager. Whatever happens from this point on, no one will trust him. I was a fan. I thought he was a professional. Hes shown he is anything but.
Gus started all this. Not by sacking Griffin but but telling everyone his opinion of Griffin. I wouldn't have him running my club. Hes shown his agenda.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You do realise Kaufusi who is only 19 this year has been named in our NRL 21 man squad this week?
Was also our best NYC forward last year while still eligible for SG Ball. Made every rep team. He’s got to be a near certainty to become a first grader. Also appears to be a better all round player than Utoikamanu, though the latter stands out in attack, which is all most fans care about. They only notice missed tackles or lazy cover when it’s a player they don’t like.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I reckon that most our players would find another club easy enough. MJ seems the hardest to shed and Taka to me seems redundant along with Hoffman. Those 3 I would offload before Norman. But I reckon BA has made it clear what wants. Our new 5/8 will be Salmon. He gets first shot.

Most players wouId find another club for the right price.

Anyhow obviously Jennings aren’t going anywhere because of his price.

I think Taka is a pretty valuable member of our squad as he can play several positions backs/forwards and halves. Also I doubt he is on massive money.

Yeah Hoffman probably is costing to much to be a NSW cup player, however I wouIdnt be asking him to leave just yet until we determine who is coming / going. With French / Norman’s futures unknown and Hayne still unsigned, we are probably a bit light for cover at fullback at this stage to let hoff go.

Glenneel

Bench
My opinion on cleary coachin style.

Plays the safe and ticks the boxes style. Players love him and things are rosie.
But long term does he make the team beleive they can do anything and bring in new styles? That has not been determined. Hasn't been at a club long enough. For all people calln the Duke a grub well Ivan did kind of ditch the Warriors to go to panthers in the first place.
So Ivan left the Warriors bus mid trip and hopped on the Panthers bus yet is an old school coach (his words) who didn't want his players leaving the bus. Now Ivan is thinking of hopping off the W-T bus mid trip again. Yep, old school coach except when it comes to himself where he is thoroughly modern.

hindy111

Post Whore
Poor form by Gus. Poor management as well. All this could have been done with the usual spin and denials. It appears Gus took the opportunity to let everyone know that "Hes da man".
Griffin would have shocked Gus with his comments no doubt but they were in response to Gus big noting himself. Again Gus should have remained calm and not responded. Again he has to show everyone what a great bloke he is and how important he is. Whoever you believe it matters not. The fact that Gus has involved himself in a sh*t fight shows his worth as a manager. Whatever happens from this point on, no one will trust him. I was a fan. I thought he was a professional. Hes shown he is anything but.
Gus started all this. Not by sacking Griffin but but telling everyone his opinion of Griffin. I wouldn't have him running my club. Hes shown his agenda.

I will be honest I am starting the hate duke. I thought he was the man but he seems like a merkin