What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
Im listening to Gus on Ch9 Six Tackles with Gus podcast. He is the supreme spin doctor.

He sacked Cleary the first time as a favour to Ivan because he needed a break.

The ceo and Ivan were having meeting about a house sale and by chance a return to Penrith was raised. All of sudden Gus finds himself with a situation that he had to manage. He is only a musician in this orchestra and not the conductor. :rolling_eyes:
You call it spin I call it... On footy show last nite Gus said he wanted Griffin to finish year before he left then contradicted himself and said gave him a cheque to finish immediately. The more you spin the more you forget what you originally said. About selling house, it sounds plausible, but..... Btw did the CEO buy it? I doubt it.

Wouldn't it be funny if Tigers don't release Cleary and come 2020 Cleary jnr goes to Tigers. Gould left with shit on face.

hindy111

Post Whore
Was also our best NYC forward last year while still eligible for SG Ball. Made every rep team. He’s got to be a near certainty to become a first grader. Also appears to be a better all round player than Utoikamanu, though the latter stands out in attack, which is all most fans care about. They only notice missed tackles or lazy cover when it’s a player they don’t like.

Tct tend to get over excited over juniors.
Tui Aufolo I watched. I see a strong short kid like Hurrel but notnl as powerfull.
The games I seen Noel Aka I was inpressed with way he used feet to beat opponents rather then just bulldozing them but sounds like he hasn't really kicked on.
Stefano looks to me like a beast in making. Runs hard and fast. Aslong as defense and fitness is ok he may make NRL within 24mths.
Id be trying to get fuimano back as off contract and wont cost heaps. He has potential!!

Gronk

Staff member
You call it spin I call it... On footy show last nite Gus said he wanted Griffin to finish year before he left then contradicted himself and said gave him a cheque to finish immediately. The more you spin the more you forget what you originally said. About selling house, it sounds plausible, but..... Btw did the CEO buy it? I doubt it.

He contradicts himself often. In the podcast the he said that the Board decided that Hook must finish up. Gus volunteered to tell him. Last night Gus said that he had to make the hard decision to show Hook the door. You need to keep notes Gus.

Glenneel

Bench
What I didn’t buy was that the CEO went of on his own to approach Ivan. That Gus does not know what was discussed etc etc etc. this is not my area the board does this, the board does that, the review etc. The whole thing has nothing to do with me. I would have liked Hook to stay on.

Then at the end when Bracey asks about the 12 applicants, he starts to then own the role is recruiting the new coach and how HE wont make the decision lightly and HE will need to do the right thing for the clubs future.

Sorry, Gus runs the show and he is deflecting the controversy towards a CEO who does not do media. Gus does all the media.

Sure Gus, sure.

images
Gus said he runs the club but then states his has nothing to do with the coach and the sacking. All CEOs fault.

Gazzamatta

Coach
He contradicts himself often. In the podcast the he said that the Board decided that Hook must finish up. Gus volunteered to tell him. Last night Gus said that he had to make the hard decision to show Hook the door. You need to keep notes Gus.
Everyone is seeing all this. His big noting has ruined his reputation. He also keeps having a sly shot at Fox. Greg Alexander come on down.
Lie after lie.
News flash. Nobody believes you had no idea of the Cleary / CEO meeting Gus. He thinks everyone is stupid.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. (I think George Bush said it better though).

Glenneel

Bench
I reckon that most our players would find another club easy enough. MJ seems the hardest to shed and Taka to me seems redundant along with Hoffman. Those 3 I would offload before Norman. But I reckon BA has made it clear what wants. Our new 5/8 will be Salmon. He gets first shot.
Based on the roster BA built I've no confidence in BAs decisions. From what I've heard John West hasn't shown that much in Wenty squad.

hindy111

Post Whore
Based on the roster BA built I've no confidence in BAs decisions. From what I've heard John West hasn't shown that much in Wenty squad.

Wentys side is very weak. Imagine a 19yld playing behind that pack and squad. He would look far better if wenty was a top 2 squad.

strider

Post Whore
We don’t need to see them play. Coaches and rep selectors do that. We just need to pay attention to which rep teams they make, and at what age they play in the various grades.

That’s far more reliable than trusting the observation of some bloke who played inside centre for Edensor Park J grade back in the 70s.
To me it seems like every kid was an "australian schoolboy" .... ive stopped considering that really cool

Stevie

Bench
Tct tend to get over excited over juniors.
Tui Aufolo I watched. I see a strong short kid like Hurrel but notnl as powerfull.
The games I seen Noel Aka I was inpressed with way he used feet to beat opponents rather then just bulldozing them but sounds like he hasn't really kicked on.
Stefano looks to me like a beast in making. Runs hard and fast. Aslong as defense and fitness is ok he may make NRL within 24mths.
Id be trying to get fuimano back as off contract and wont cost heaps. He has potential!!

TCT f**king think everyone is a superstar that plays for Parra...

Bolgeel

Juniors
You have a valid argument why he should stay but equally there are valid points when others say nothing has changed with our attack or defence since 2014. A coach has to evolve but BA has stagnated. The roster, particularly the forwards, are all BA and honestly we have hardly anyone that another club would want.
I personally think he deserves a chance early next year, I know it’s a risk but who is there to replace him currently?
Maybe another storm assistant or any of the other washed up former nrl coaches, who do u think is a valid replacement?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
To me it seems like every kid was an "australian schoolboy" .... ive stopped considering that really cool
Considering there's about 20 of them each year it would be pretty common amongst NRL players to have been an Aussie schoolboy rep, but being an NRL player is pretty impressive. You can't guarantee your junior program will produce Origin stars but you can at least maximise the number of solid NRL players it churns out. And obviously the more of those the more likely you'll be to get some jets coming through.