What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The trouble with St. George Illawarra

The Damo

Juniors
Your earlier statement “we will be playing semis” is indeed hubris.
You make no allowance for the fact that history shows we have repeatedly failed at this part of the season nor the fact that the Tigpies have proven hard to beat and are improving.
IMO far more chance of us losing 4 than winning 4
Interestingly it’s possible for people to make those allowances yet come to a different conclusion. Indeed the assumption that others haven’t done so borders on the, dare I say, hubristic?
Also - hubris is still fun. Though I don’t think it’s mocking the gods to say we have a better chance of beating the eels, dogs or knights than the tigers have of beating the bunnies.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
the fact that the Tigpies have proven hard to beat and are improving.
four weeks ago:
tigers 20 - dragons 16

three weeks ago:
tigers 22 - rabbits 6

two weeks ago:
bulldogs 16 - tigers 4

last week:
tigers 25 - newcastle 16

so they've gone from beating two teams in the top 4, to losing to one spoon contender, and just beating another spoon contender.

i thought 'improving' meant getting better?

The Damo

Juniors
four weeks ago:
tigers 20 - dragons 16

three weeks ago:
tigers 22 - rabbits 6

two weeks ago:
bulldogs 16 - tigers 4

last week:
tigers 25 - newcastle 16

so they've gone from beating two teams in the top 4, to losing to one spoon contender, and just beating another spoon contender.

That is what it usually means. You might be making the mistake of reading the words OT uses but not divining the ‘intent’. A mistake I myself have occasionally made.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
That is what it usually means. You might be making the mistake of reading the words OT uses but not divining the ‘intent’. A mistake I myself have occasionally made.
ah yes, he called me a pompous dickhead or something like that the other day for not realising that his intent was completely opposite to what he had written..

Old Timer

Coach
four weeks ago:
tigers 20 - dragons 16

three weeks ago:
tigers 22 - rabbits 6

two weeks ago:
bulldogs 16 - tigers 4

last week:
tigers 25 - newcastle 16

four weeks ago:
tigers 20 - dragons 16

three weeks ago:
tigers 22 - rabbits 6

two weeks ago:
bulldogs 16 - tigers 4

last week:
tigers 25 - newcastle 16

Interesting that you have a negative opinion on Tigpies last 4 games which is a 3 win 1 loss result
The 4 games before that they lost all of them so how you do not see them as an improving side shows what little comprehension you and you new found friend actually have

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Interesting that you have a negative opinion on grit last 4 games which is a 3 win 1 loss result
The 4 games before that they lost all of them so how you do not see them as an improving side shows what little comprehension you and you new found friend actually have
okay - let's work your logic into our performance.

we've lost three of our last four..

but won three of our last four before that...

so based on your logic, we're improving, and rapidly.

huzzah! re-sign the coach & print the premiers t-shirts. we're flying!

Old Timer

Coach
okay - let's work your logic into our performance.

we've lost three of our last four..

but won three of our last four before that...

so based on your logic, we're improving, and rapidly.

huzzah! re-sign the coach & print the premiers t-shirts. we're flying!
You are a complete f**kwhit

Drag Queen

Bench
Hello Drag Queen, nice to hear from you once again. Just to let you know that it is not our Mary that is on his stubby little knees in his pajamas with his hands clasped together, but we . :rolling_eyes:
Haha, this comment made my day Gareth. My brain's a bit foggy these days but do people, except really tiny ones, actually wear pj's these days? I haven't missed your point though. I'll be more mindful of people that respect the Lawd etc Xx

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You are a complete f**kwhit
we're discussing how the tigers are on the up, despite effectively missing the finals after their recent poor performance..

but again, you revert to insults & name calling when someone discredits your statements..

The Damo

Juniors
Interesting that you have a negative opinion on grit last 4 games which is a 3 win 1 loss result
I can still be your friend too OT, you can make sweeping negative statements, I can point out logical extrapolations of them and ask you direct questions, and you can reply with vague statements that avoid direct answers. Good times.

four weeks ago:
tigers 20 - dragons 16

three weeks ago:
tigers 22 - rabbits 6

two weeks ago:
bulldogs 16 - tigers 4

last week:
tigers 25 - newcastle 16

That’s a good record, wish we could have done that well over the last 4 weeks.

BLM01

First Grade
"The trouble with St. George Illawarra''..is
It starts from the top, and flows down like lava to the village below at the base where players and supporters are housed. Some players escape, us supporters have no where to go only to stay and rebuild. We just need the volcano to stop causing so much destruction. "Bit over the Top"....I know.... but just over dramatising the status quo.

"The trouble with St. George Illawarra''..is
It starts from the top, and flows down like lava to the village below at the base where players and supporters are housed. Some players escape, us supporters have no where to go only to stay and rebuild. We just need the volcano to stop causing so much destruction. "Bit over the Top"....I know.... but just over dramatising the status quo.
62084B56-BB90-4032-AF89-7FF0244CA31D.jpeg
Volcano victims, yeah that’s us, usually curled up in the foetal position or fallen on our face blind drunk come September.