What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst coach, like, ever?

Willie Ray

Bench
Brett Kenny...preferred five eighth on 82 kangaroo tour over Wally who said he's the best player he's played with or against...
Brett Kenny...could play any position in the backline...
scored two tries in three consecutive grand finals...Wally...no grand finals...
And he threw a big fat dummy and went the length of the field against cancer...
deserves to be an immortal.
and no I ain't 12.

King hit

Coach
Lewis did win 3 premierships in the Brisbane league which was top grade footy and was the leader of a Wynnum-Manly team containing some big name players.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Brett Kenny...preferred five eighth on 82 kangaroo tour over Wally who said he's the best player he's played with or against...
and no I ain't 12.
this

He also won his 4th Premiership ( think he had 2 tries disallowed ) in 1986

1986 Golden Boot winner

Won the Challenge Cup at Wembley in 85.( MOM from memory )

One word sums up Brett Kenny - sublime. Easily one of the best players I have seen play the game

Last edited:

Knight Vision

First Grade
Lewis did win 3 premierships in the Brisbane league which was top grade footy and was the leader of a Wynnum-Manly team containing some big name players.
top grade footy...lol. About on par with the local Newcastle comp I'd say and cannot under any circumstance be compared to the NSWRL .

QLD needed a hero - Lewis was the chosen one. Kenny had more talent in his pinky.

Mr Spock!

Referee
top grade footy...lol. About on par with the local Newcastle comp I'd say and cannot under any circumstance be compared to the NSWRL .

QLD needed a hero - Lewis was the chosen one. Kenny had more talent in his pinky.
You obviously never watched origin.

And that Brisbane comp was filled with future greats Belcher, Meninga, Jackson....

THE CHAMP

First Grade

Hahaha. The NSWRL had pokies that's the only difference. Going on soo results prior to the broncos entering the comp the better players came from qld

Mr Spock!

Referee
this

this

1986 Golden Boot winner

One word sums up Brett Kenny - sublime. Easily one of the best players I have seen play the game

1986 Golden Boot winner

There will never be another lewis.

The impact he had on the game was phenomenal and can be measured by nsws hatred of him.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
and no I ain't 12.

Okay you're 11 then?
Wally played in plenty of finals in a Brisbane 1st grade comp that was at least as good as the Sydney comp.
If the Sydney comp was so much better why were they constantly up here looking for players ffs?

Exsilium

First Grade
Like, I know you all have like, an opinion but uuuuhmmm the worst coach like EVER is, like Paul Langmack.

For, like, reals.

Fangs

Coach
Arthur Kitinas anyone?

Pretty much anyone who has coached South Sydney since they came back into the comp. Seibold/Maguire get a pass mark.

King hit

Coach
Okay you're 11 then?
Wally played in plenty of finals in a Brisbane 1st grade comp that was at least as good as the Sydney comp.
If the Sydney comp was so much better why were they constantly up here looking for players ffs?

Players had more opportunity down south as the backward QLD government refused pokie machine revenue leaving the NSW clubs much more lucrative and attractive for players financially. The Brisbane Comp was basically on its last legs by the end.

Travitoh

First Grade
Arthur Kitinas anyone?

Pretty much anyone who has coached South Sydney since they came back into the comp. Seibold/Maguire get a pass mark.

To be fair though, a few of them only got a first grade chance due to the situation at Souths being so dire.

Springs09

Juniors
Okay you're 11 then?

hahahaha

If the Brisbane first grade comp was 'at least as good' as the NSWRL then how come no first grade Sydney players went up there to the clearly superior competition? How come the Broncos joined the NSWRL and no Sydney team joined the BRL? How come the NSWRL became the national competition? How come Queensland whinged enough to created Origin after being pumped in the state series for what, 20 years straight?

It's like saying, oh the NRL is always looking for players from the country, country NSW competitions must be as good as the NRL! Why else would they look there?

Willie Ray

Bench
Okay you're 11 then?
so I'm 11 then...
bet my dad could beat your dad.

LineBall

Juniors
hahahaha

If the Brisbane first grade comp was 'at least as good' as the NSWRL then how come no first grade Sydney players went up there to the clearly superior competition? How come the Broncos joined the NSWRL and no Sydney team joined the BRL? How come the NSWRL became the national competition? How come Queensland whinged enough to created Origin after being pumped in the state series for what, 20 years straight?

It's like saying, oh the NRL is always looking for players from the country, country NSW competitions must be as good as the NRL! Why else would they look there?

Money.