What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Napa sin bin

What should the refs have done?

• Send-off

Votes: 39 36.4%
  • Sin-bin

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • On report and penalty

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • Scrum to roosters

Votes: 33 30.8%

• Total voters

David brown

Juniors
Yeah was gonna say, not much of a loss for the Roosters if the merkin is the gone for the season... Deadset average forward..

Jason Simmons

Juniors
A decent coach would have addressed Napa's technique problem long ago.

Why would the Rorters bother? Don’t they normally just use the old go to plan, ‘reveal’ he has failed a drug test, sack him on this basis and then sign two internationals to replace him?

Springs09

Juniors
Every single tackler leads with their head. Try tackling someone front on with your shoulder and arms wrapping around and tell me your head isnt in front

Yeah I do that every weekend yet somehow manage not to charge my head into the ball carrier's head and knock him out. Every other player seems to be able to avoid that as well, except Napa.

Also, leading with the head means to use your head to contact the other player first, this came to the forefront after the Nate Myles saga. Most tacklers have their head to the side, and if tackling front on high you don't need to lead with the head at all as you are upright.

Zadar

Juniors
I defended him first time round, but not this time, he deserves a stint, I don’t think it’s intentional, but neither is a head shot that just goes a little high, needs to be punished.

What do people class as worse though, the Napa collision, or the tackle by chambers? Is 3 weeks for both an equal punishment?

They have warning letters I believe. I'd be astounded if Napa didn't get one after the earlier incident, especially given Greenberg specifically commented on the incident. Otherwise he could use it as a precedent in the judiciary.

Do Greenberg’s comments compromise the hearing now? Easts might have a case to get it downgraded or thrown out by arguing the hearing has been tainted by the CEO getting involved? I’m no lawyer just genuinely interested if it’s another Todd f**k up. Don’t care if Napa is rubbed out.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Not unbelievable a precedent has been set. I thought his 1 st one on sims was worse and needed action. I thought he had his head sideways on this and hit him cheek to jaw as the photo showed. I don’t think some would lead with their cheek first.
He didn't lead with his cheek. He clearly turned his head so that the back of his head would make first contact. Both times. That's not a head clash, it's reckless and dangerous contact.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Yes that was the impetus but the article states it can be used for any inncident of foul play for example tackles resulting in HIA etc.

The other issue is there have been plenty of other late hits as bad or worse than radley, none of which were binned
Radley had been warned repeatedly about his late hits in that match and decided to ignore the ref. Sounds legit enough to me.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Every single tackler leads with their head. Try tackling someone front on with your shoulder and arms wrapping around and tell me your head isnt in front
Not every single tackler goes in to make head first contact turning their head to hit with the back of their head. This is delusion at it's finest. If every tackler went in like that scores would be knocked out or have broken jaws each week.

Anyone who ever strapped on a boot knows you have to lead with your head but to the side.
Napa’s head against sims was not to the side with this one it was . Would have still hit him with the shoulder so would be looking at a holiday anyway

I think getting him with his head saved him from being sent off. It was going to be a shoulder to the head otherwise, which should have been a send off.

ReddFelon

Juniors

Yeah, but you're not supposed to put your head down and charge like a geniused rhinoceros. Every coach I've ever had emphasised keeping your eyes up so you can see who you're tackling. Napa is like Kasiano; piss poor technique that he drives to cover up for with raw strength. Stupid things like these head clashes are why that's not a long term strategy.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
It was deliberate the first time and deliberate the second. If you want to argue it was an accident you should peruse a career in criminal law.

Latest posts