What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Id like a bit of info on our juniors. Who guys th ink will play nrl and who are potential difference makers.

I am keen on the development of Noel Aka. He isn't as big or powerfull as a Tui or his brother but he looked smart and had a nice step. I beleive he was injured halfway through the season. Hope he is retained.

Also now under 20s isnt part of nrl its shame we cant get stats and heights/weights as easy. It was a good indicator for fans.

hindy111

Post Whore
Can totally see where you are coming but I suspect we wont do that.

Hopefully one of the reasons negotiations are taking a while is that we aren't willing to pay massive money for him.

What is he worth?
I know he started to shine back half of season. He starts the season at age 31 and seems injury prone.
Id be happy with a 2-3yr deal at 500k a year. Anything much more I think is cya later time.
And in his case if its a 1yr deal he wants then unsure id bother with him. To many games and already to many guys off contract end of season.

We picked up Fergo who is 2yrs younger and in career best form for 500k.

Avenger

Immortal
What is he worth?
I know he started to shine back half of season. He starts the season at age 31 and seems injury prone.
Id be happy with a 2-3yr deal at 500k a year. Anything much more I think is cya later time.
And in his case if its a 1yr deal he wants then unsure id bother with him. To many games and already to many guys off contract end of season.

We picked up Fergo who is 2yrs younger and in career best form for 500k.
He is worth more than any other player in our side because he is still after all these years our best player. I’d give him $800k and sign him for 3 years.

Avenger

Immortal
This situation with Hayne smells of back ended deals again biting us on the arse. Norman and Jennings immediately come to mind. Moses may be another but with him I think there is still some hope.

I thought Gurr and his cohorts weren’t doing that anymore?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
He is worth more than any other player in our side because he is still after all these years our best player. I’d give him $800k and sign him for 3 years.
I say we play hardball. $800K is the absolute max he is worth but I’d feel better about getting him for less.

What are his other options at this point?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I say we play hardball. $800K is the absolute max he is worth but I’d feel better about getting him for less.

I dont think too many other clubs would be chasing him with his past record, and perhaps we have that in mind before making an offer

As long as we sign him I give no shits about what he cost us

Delboy

First Grade
This situation with Hayne smells of back ended deals again biting us on the arse. Norman and Jennings immediately come to mind. Moses may be another but with him I think there is still some hope.

I thought Gurr and his cohorts weren’t doing that anymore?
I did hear that the back ended deals were from the Spags/Seward final year and fall off after 2019, maybe that is part of the reason why a couple of senior players are being offered around.

hindy111

Post Whore

Ha..... The guy is not worth 800k. Glad your not running the club. He showed glimpses of good form. He never proved he was back to a top 5 fullback in the game and that is what 800k warrants.
Perhaps if he was 28 or under. The guys now 31. He was one of our better players at times but I cant think of to many games he was our best.
If he goes so be it. 2019 is not a premiership window year for me. I see 2021+ when some of these young juniors start to mature. Hayne will be dust by then.

IFR33K

Coach

You guys talking 800/season? That’s seems a fair bit IMO.

Whatever he’s after will be an issue if there’s no cap space.

hindy111

Post Whore
I dont think too many other clubs would be chasing him with his past record, and perhaps we have that in mind before making an offer

As long as we sign him I give no shits about what he cost us

1 million?

I'd rather lose Hayne then both our halves that some seem happy to cut.

Id like Hayne to stay. But history shows guys over 30 decline and can decline fast. He was fit for about 10-12 games this season. I saw 8 where he was very good. Not elite however. Far better players in the nrl now at fullback.
Doesnt make top 5. Scrapes into top 10.

emjaycee

Coach
To me this is where/when Hayne's Manager needs to step up to the plate and earn his keep.
If Slater and Thaiday can have the 2 biggest individual TPA's in the NRL, then Hayne should be able to secure something similar if not better.

He has arguably the highest public profile in sport in NSW and would sell more media and click bait then the next 10 biggest NRL names combined. Surely a legitimate TPA that has nothing to do with the Eels could be gotten for him by a manager with half a brain. His actual football contract value should nearly be the lesser component of his overall income.

Latest posts