What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 - Storm vs Rabbitohs: Thursday 17th March 8:05pm @AAMI Park

Steenson123

Juniors
I think we lost our first 3 matches in 2012 when Reyno replaced Sandow, early days yet, let's not start slashing our wrists after one loss, there's still a lot of water to go under the bridge in season 2022.
I was referring to your term "rebuilding". We do NOT have a rebuild process with the 4 star players I mentioned. There are key holes to fill and thus far the solutions are totally inadequate. Demetriou has had a legend, a master to hide behind. I fear that Demetriou just does not have "it". Charasmatic, outspoken, leadership and innovative coaching. Bennett had that and so too does Eddie Jones. Jones wants to coach us he has virtually said thus publicly. I note that Brisbane passed on Demetriou despite Bennett's opinion. Yet Solli, Pappas, Ellison lavished praise on Demetriou and could not wait to sign a total novice whose only real exposure at coaching has been as the faint shadow of Bennett.

southsport

First Grade
I was referring to your term "rebuilding". We do NOT have a rebuild process with the 4 star players I mentioned. There are key holes to fill and thus far the solutions are totally inadequate. Demetriou has had a legend, a master to hide behind. I fear that Demetriou just does not have "it". Charasmatic, outspoken, leadership and innovative coaching. Bennett had that and so too does Eddie Jones. Jones wants to coach us he has virtually said thus publicly. I note that Brisbane passed on Demetriou despite Bennett's opinion. Yet Solli, Pappas, Ellison lavished praise on Demetriou and could not wait to sign a total novice whose only real exposure at coaching has been as the faint shadow of Bennett.
Brisbane passed on JD because Seibold was good mates with the broncos CEO Paul White and that is the reason why Seibold got the job, personally I'm happy to stick with JD for the time being, it's way too early to judge him.

handyman2190

Bench
Well I notice Demetriou has mentioned "attack" in refernce to Mitchell's return. I stand firm what I said. If the squad contiue at 4-7 ppg or even less, the coach is toast. And further I note Demetriou has no A Grade experience as a HC and no real charisma. He has had 3-4 months or more to prepare players like Ilias yet the young man seems lost and hesitant. Nor do I understand why you people are not pushing for Taaffe as the #7. He has acceleration, ball handling and kicking skills and he has starting GF experience. Taaffe needs to be used much more his talent is obvious but for some reason the club seems to be restraining it.
No offence but your wrong about JD he has extensive A grade experience,he took the cutters to a winning grand final,you better google his accomplishments,he was assistant coach at the cowboys when they won the grand final he was with bennet for 5 years and has his endorsment i believe last year he did most of the hands on coaching, this is not the coaches doing,he got hobbled when the board led by pappas brought in that 1year deals at 30 BS
I know your upsett ,ive been whinging and bleating for months now and copping abuse fom the brethren about my negative attitude, but im a realist and not a bad judge i think, i could see the writing on the wall, putting faith in juniors that have had limited game time and that havent even played nsw cup is so wrong. I understand the AR saga but to let gagai go when he only wanted a reasonable amount and maybe 2 years instead of 1 is pappas and sollys fault. The fact we dont have a dedicated recruitment team to poach youngsters and identify recruits and manage the cap is just plain stupidity.
You google and look up the coach,he can only work with what he has been given and really because he is new didnt get much say, i expect to lose the first 4 games and we wont make the 8

Steenson123

Juniors
No offence but your wrong about JD he has extensive A grade experience,he took the cutters to a winning grand final,you better google his accomplishments,he was assistant coach at the cowboys when they won the grand final he was with bennet for 5 years and has his endorsment i believe last year he did most of the hands on coaching, this is not the coaches doing,he got hobbled when the board led by pappas brought in that 1year deals at 30 BS
I know your upsett ,ive been whinging and bleating for months now and copping abuse fom the brethren about my negative attitude, but im a realist and not a bad judge i think, i could see the writing on the wall, putting faith in juniors that have had limited game time and that havent even played nsw cup is so wrong. I understand the AR saga but to let gagai go when he only wanted a reasonable amount and maybe 2 years instead of 1 is pappas and sollys fault. The fact we dont have a dedicated recruitment team to poach youngsters and identify recruits and manage the cap is just plain stupidity.
You google and look up the coach,he can only work with what he has been given and really because he is new didnt get much say, i expect to lose the first 4 games and we wont make the 8
On verra whether I am incorrect re Demetriou. Who are the "cutters"? Yes he has been an ASSISTANT. Kearney has been that under Bellamy for years but as a HC he has been abysmal. I'm concerned that Demetriou has been pushed by a few individuals mostly Bennett yet nobody else seems to be interested in the guy. I'm also very concerned that in two games under Demetriou the side cannot get out of its own way. Terrible against St George and worse still v a Brisbane who had won 4-5 games last season with a recycled aged Albert Kelly and young Walters as halves.
As diehard fans we should not merely say "oh JD, he is in a rebuild year". We simply cannot accept this narrative when the roster has 4-5 highly credentialled players other clubs would love to have and which finished 20-4 in the last regular season!!.
Let me ask. Would you people rather Demetriou who has very limited experience and who hardly speaks, or Eddie Jones?? Jones wants to coach the club he grew up supporting and his resume makes Demetriou and many others too look like Kindergarten students. I mean Jones has coached in World Cup Rugby Finals and 6 Nations tournaments with success. Watch some of the 6 Nations its BRUTAL!! Jones has charisma, knowhow and great experience dealing with elite athletes. And he loves our club!!
Let us see about Demetriou. The upcoming three-four contests will be difficult and unless something changes from the guy's first 3 attempts as an NRL HC the club is heading down rapidly.

assess5

Juniors
On verra whether I am incorrect re Demetriou. Who are the "cutters"? Yes he has been an ASSISTANT. Kearney has been that under Bellamy for years but as a HC he has been abysmal. I'm concerned that Demetriou has been pushed by a few individuals mostly Bennett yet nobody else seems to be interested in the guy. I'm also very concerned that in two games under Demetriou the side cannot get out of its own way. Terrible against St George and worse still v a Brisbane who had won 4-5 games last season with a recycled aged Albert Kelly and young Walters as halves.
As diehard fans we should not merely say "oh JD, he is in a rebuild year". We simply cannot accept this narrative when the roster has 4-5 highly credentialled players other clubs would love to have and which finished 20-4 in the last regular season!!.
Let me ask. Would you people rather Demetriou who has very limited experience and who hardly speaks, or Eddie Jones?? Jones wants to coach the club he grew up supporting and his resume makes Demetriou and many others too look like Kindergarten students. I mean Jones has coached in World Cup Rugby Finals and 6 Nations tournaments with success. Watch some of the 6 Nations its BRUTAL!! Jones has charisma, knowhow and great experience dealing with elite athletes. And he loves our club!!
Let us see about Demetriou. The upcoming three-four contests will be difficult and unless something changes from the guy's first 3 attempts as an NRL HC the club is heading down rapidly.
Mate, your like a breathe of fresh air, where were you last year?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Guys let’s not slash our wrists yet so to speak the game has not begun yet. We need to put our energy into the right things like supporting the boys and getting right behind them. What we need to see is an improvement on last week and some good signs and a better attitude from the boys thats what I ask for tonight.

On the last page I did my usual game day preview to try fire us all up but it doesn’t look like it’s having a positive affect on anyone.

Another thing we can all do regardless of tonight is get out to Homebush next week our first game back at home it’s been so long I can’t remember what we can do is all get our arses to Homebush and bring our voices and drown out the chookpen! We make plenty of noise at the home games the boys will grow a leg. Unfortunately the last couple of years at home our members and fans have lost their voices and I’m not sure why.......

callmack1

Staff member
Well I for one am feeling extremely fired up!!! Let's focus on the game lads!

Ditching booze, a message to Manu and 'controlling the best' - Latrell like you've never seen him: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/451ff122317e9e47604c0e451073697f

'Take ownership' - Pressure on 'out on answers' playmakers as Souths face 0-4 start to Season: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/1a69295af6baf9465dcb9575f4cc6912

Referees crackdown on two illegal plays: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/live-s...ime-news/f2a7502d-a675-4610-b8ab-6fc8cfda2470

Also, from Fox Sports,

Mexican Standoff

Melbourne has dominated the NRL almost from day one since its admission to the competition in 1998 but even with this widely accepted as true there are still stats to dig up about Storm which are nothing short of remarkable.

Storm has won an incredible 17 from 17 against the Rabbitohs south of the border, by an average margin of 32-10, with the Rabbitohs being the only current team yet to defeat Melbourne in Melbourne. This is an amazing record in itself, but what is perhaps more incredible is just how poor the record of almost every team is when they head south of the border.

The Bulldogs are the only team who come close to parity with eight wins from 18 games, but this drops off very quickly to the Roosters and Eels who have won only a third of their matches and only four other teams (Sea Eagles, Raiders, Warriors, Sharks) have won more than a quarter of their games!

202 players have played three or more games against Melbourne in Melbourne without winning one, with three players losing 11 from 11 - Matt Cooper, Nigel Plum and Issac Luke.

Melbourne’s record is so good at home their average scoreline across all games, win and losses, is 27-14.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just over an hour til kick off:

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

callmack1

Staff member
Can't understand why Cam has been benched but who knows, it could work for us.

I'm pumped, this is a massive game!! Can we break the Melbourne hoodo? Time will tell.

Let's go and get the Storm!!!!